I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 6th, 2005, 11:05 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicalsrock
Have you ever noticed that the customers don't even hear it, but we do?

We hear it over, and over, and over...

I particularly hated the screaming aol baby, don't funk with my heart, and put the lime in the coke. I'm really starting to hate the explanation of No EVF with the syrupy sweet "...and it's all YOURS, to keep. If you decide you no longer want to own..."
i've found myself using terminology from the trailer word for word when explaining the no late fees to customers.

i swear it's not there for the customer's benefit. it's there to brainwash us
Unread August 6th, 2005, 11:22 AM

i don't mind the Bravery song, either. I can manage to block out most of the trailer until it's quiet and I'm not busy doing something...except when that damn Sprite commercial plays! No matter what I'm doing, if that commercial comes on...I hear it.

I wish they had kept the Charlie and the Chocolate factory blip on it. But I liked the movie...and I'm sure there are some people on this board who are glad it was only on one trailer.
Unread August 6th, 2005, 12:09 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegoW
What about the Notebook?

"I WAITED FOR YOU FOR 7 YEARS!"
"I wrote you everyday for a year"

We still laugh about that one.
It was actually a nice exchange of dialogue in the movie, but it was taken out of context. In the trailer, he replies to her within a millisecond of her comment, and the "years" and "year" mesh together. Listen to it in the movie, sounds completely different, and better. Supposedly that's how the Chocolate Factory line is too: "Chewing gum is really gross; chewing gum I hate the most." That line sounds incredibly stupid, but a friend says it's just out of context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicalsrock
Have you ever noticed that the customers don't even hear it, but we do?

We hear it over, and over, and over...
I've seen too many customers stop and watch previews to believe that, where as I mentioned earlier - I've gone the entire month before I notice some trailers or ads. How would you know if they heard it or not, and why wouldn't they? It'd make more sense that we don't hear it because we not only tune it out, but we have things to do around the store. They on the other hand are just passing through and glancing at the wall and such - outside influences definitely hit them (the trailers, posters, word of mouth, opinions if they ask for them.)
Unread August 6th, 2005, 12:51 PM
IHBB GOD

i hate hate hate when a customer is like "hey do you guys have that movie in yet?" and they sort of point up in the air.

when i ask what they're talking about they're like "the preview that just ended on the tv"

I'm always like "do you remember what it was called or what it was about. i tend to block out the trailers all day"

this usually leads to them getting upset because "i don't pay attention to my job" (i actually had someone make this complaint...luckily the ASM backed me up by telling the customer that my job at the time was to box check, check in and reshelve movies, not to watch television and she would in fact be upset if I were paying attention to the TV haha)
Unread August 6th, 2005, 05:40 PM
IHBB GOD

"They call this war a cloud over the land...

...but they make the weather! And then they stand in the rain and say IT'S RAININ'!"
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread August 6th, 2005, 05:55 PM

"You can't even put food on the table!"
"get out of here. Get out. Get out"

-Back in the Day- aka the worst movie ever.
Unread August 6th, 2005, 06:29 PM

Trailer Hell

I hated the AOL Baby with the squeaky hammer, I hate Thirst, and I hate Aaron Carter! But I was in hog heaven when Michael Bublé was on there.
Here is a question though, do you find yourself repeating or saying at the same time the things on the trailer while customers look at you like you are a spaz?
The customers in our store don't even realize the trailer is on. They still come in and say "I wish I could stand in here and watch movies all day too"...
yeah, so do I.
Unread August 6th, 2005, 09:30 PM

my staff annoys the hell out of me by quoting billy bob thorton all day long. and not good billy bob (aka, slingblade) ... "my goodness gracious" friday night lights crap. graa.
Unread August 6th, 2005, 10:32 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVTyrant
I don't mind the Bravery... just thought I would throw my 2 cents in.

Yeah, I actually like them. And that wallflowers song...its so quiet, it doesn't bother me. And I like Coldplay, too.
Unread August 6th, 2005, 10:37 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
[quote=igniteice]I've seen too many customers stop and watch previews to believe that, where as I mentioned earlier - I've gone the entire month before I notice some trailers or ads. QUOTE]

There's a pizza place next to my store. Before I worked there, my mom and I would order food every Friday night and then go in and rent a movie. I used to watch the trailers while she took forever to decide, and I've noticed some people doing this too.