I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > News

Unread October 25th, 2007, 08:32 AM
IHBB GOD

Interesting news today on Movielink

Found this story on out out on the wire about 30 minutes ago. Not a good sign showing more loss.
The 11/05 report is looking more ominous.

Blockbuster Inc.'s independent auditor has expressed doubts about the company's recently acquired MovieLink LLC unit.

PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP cited MovieLink's recurring losses from operations, negative cash flows and its roughly $145 million accumulated deficit as the basis of its going-concern opinion, which indicates doubt about the unit's viability, according to a filing by Blockbuster Wednesday with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

MovieLink, a service that allows consumers to download films from the Internet, had a $144.98 million accumulated deficit as of June 30, according to its financial statements attached to the SEC filing.

The company's net loss for the six months ended June 30 was $10.18 million, narrowing slightly from a $11.62 million loss in the first half of 2006. Revenue was $1.98 million during the six-month period, compared with $1.92 million a year earlier.

MovieLink was jointly owned by the major Hollywood studios before Blockbuster bought it in August for undisclosed terms.
Unread October 25th, 2007, 12:48 PM
IHBB GOD

Funny how you and others yell at certain individuals for posting news stories and here you are with yet another thread with some article.
Unread October 25th, 2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by igniteice View Post
Funny how you and others yell at certain individuals for posting news stories and here you are with yet another thread with some article.
You have to understand something, there are some holier than thou a**holes who think if they post a story it is "interesting" but if someone else posts a story it is not interesting.
Unread October 25th, 2007, 07:52 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
ty town momo , king of the hypocrites
Unread October 25th, 2007, 10:28 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter View Post
ty town momo , king of the hypocrites
Not sure why the fuck you gave that dude negative rep. What he said was entirely true. You fucking jump on people for starting new threads related to Blockbuster or Netflix or whatever the fuck it is, and then you start a string of your own threads. And you dare call me a hypocrite... go fucking kill yourself asshole. I certainly won't miss you.
Unread October 26th, 2007, 07:06 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Quote:
Not sure why the fuck you gave that dude negative rep. What he said was entirely true. You fucking jump on people for starting new threads related to Blockbuster or Netflix or whatever the fuck it is, and then you start a string of your own threads. And you dare call me a hypocrite... go fucking kill yourself asshole. I certainly won't miss you.
Now this is the pot calling the kettle black! unlike you, who has NEVER jumped on somebody for posting something you disagreed with or didn't want to read???? WTF ever.

TURTLE IS A WELL KNOWN, WELL RESPECTED, AND MUCH LIKED CONTRIBUTER TO THESE FORUMS AND SHOULD BE PROMOTED TO ROYAL STATUS ASAP.
Thanks to the Royal Sugar Pants from the Royal Ninja Tortoise!!

Royal Ninja Turtle...aka the Royal Tortoise
Unread October 26th, 2007, 07:09 AM

Just wondering what happens when I get a negative rep?

Do I get a timeout and have to sit in the corner for 15 minutes?
Unread October 26th, 2007, 09:24 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletime View Post
Now this is the pot calling the kettle black! unlike you, who has NEVER jumped on somebody for posting something you disagreed with or didn't want to read???? WTF ever.
I have not once posted a news article related to Blockbuster, Netflix, Hollywood Video, or any other video type thing, let alone start a new thread about it. In fact, I'm not even sure if I've ever posted an article of any kind! But I'm guessing I've probably posted 1 or 2 non-video store related articles in Ranting & Raving.

My point is, if you're going to bitch at people for posting video related articles and scream at them, "I don't care!" then don't fucking start your own threads doing the exact same thing.

Pot calling the kettle black... laugh. Couldn't be further from the truth.
Unread October 26th, 2007, 10:20 PM
IHBB GOD

You know ignorantice you are the biggest fraud fake mentally disturbed kid on this site.

You've got deep rooted mental issues and normally I would let this crap go. But since you decided to hit me with a negative because you a pretty much a depressed disturbed child, I'll slam you as you deserve.

Quote:
Comments on this post
igniteice disagrees: Fuck off and die. :Quote

That above validates in itself everything. You are a spineless, weak, chicken shit.

You've MADE Columbine type threats on these boards, you've told people to go kill themselves, you slammed many left and right. You are a major hypocrite and IMO just a pathetic existence. There was no malice in any of my words it is my exact opinion of you and some already know that.

I dont wish to make any of the others have to get in this a choose sides so I'm going to keep it at that and not comment again on your pathetic childish immature depressed whiney little ramblings.

As for that joke JTF siding with you. His reputation level says it all.
It is basically EQUIVALENT to the terd defending the toilet.

Enough said.

PS: for all the regulars I posted the article on Movie link because its never once been a discussed topic here especially once stating how its losing money. Unlike JTF who constantly post just a reissuance of the same HV story and how they are either buying or selling stock they never owned in the first place.

Last edited by BBVcasualposter; October 26th, 2007 at 10:28 PM.
Unread October 27th, 2007, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter View Post

PS: for all the regulars I posted the article on Movie link because its never once been a discussed topic here especially once stating how its losing money. Unlike JTF who constantly post just a reissuance of the same HV story and how they are either buying or selling stock they never owned in the first place.
Actually the News Stories I have posted

20 were about BlockBuster
12 were about Studio, VOD or industry news
7 were about Movie Gallery/Hollywood Video
6 were about NetFlix

Those are the facts

Last edited by JustTheFacts; October 27th, 2007 at 11:52 AM.