I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 25th, 2011, 03:12 PM

Blockbuster to Shed 150 Leases

http://www.thestreet.com/print/story/11059812.html

Blockbuster to Shed 150 More Leases!

03/25/11 NEW YORK (TheStreet) --

Blockbuster(BLOAQ.PK) revealed in bankruptcy court this week more than 150 leases it plans to cancel.

Generally, when a company announces the canceling of leases it either means it plans to shutter those stores or look to renegotiate rent.

Blockbuster said in a filing that any property left in the stores "shall be deemed abandoned." The struggling movie retailer listed stores in New York, Texas, Florida and California, among others.
Unread March 25th, 2011, 03:45 PM
IHBB GOD

ie ... FREE SHELVES!!!!

Told ya
its_me_ASM69 (March 26th, 2011)
Unread March 25th, 2011, 04:05 PM

Im taking the gumball machine lol
Unread March 25th, 2011, 05:52 PM
IHBB Freak

Surely one of the SIX in my area will shut down!

Another thing to think about will be how many landlords will shed Blockbuster. Many are in prime locations, and as the economy improves, they might not want a dying business model wasting space.

Last edited by orbitdvd; March 25th, 2011 at 05:58 PM.
Unread March 25th, 2011, 06:12 PM
IHBB GOD

150 stores = 400 in corporate bbv land

remember that 3/5ths black vote law? it's kinda like that except it's a more despicable 3/8ths

=3
Unread March 25th, 2011, 06:15 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebell View Post
Blockbuster said in a filing that any property left in the stores "shall be deemed abandoned." The struggling movie retailer listed stores in New York, Texas, Florida and California, among others.
Hmm...A trip to Florida...a few things for free...lol
Unread March 25th, 2011, 07:57 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
Surely one of the SIX in my area will shut down!

Another thing to think about will be how many landlords will shed Blockbuster. Many are in prime locations, and as the economy improves, they might not want a dying business model wasting space.
I think they are keeping them all open just to piss you off, Orbit ...
OzMan (March 26th, 2011)
Unread March 25th, 2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebell View Post
http://www.thestreet.com/print/story/11059812.html

Blockbuster to Shed 150 More Leases!

03/25/11 NEW YORK (TheStreet) --

Blockbuster(BLOAQ.PK) revealed in bankruptcy court this week more than 150 leases it plans to cancel.

Generally, when a company announces the canceling of leases it either means it plans to shutter those stores or look to renegotiate rent.

It amazes me how many of you will jump to some random article and quote it so profoundly like it is some great new news. It further amazes me how ignorant most of you are to what is going on.

Those of you who are still employed should spend half the time you do here talking about fucking pickles in an effort to truly educate yourself on what is going on with the company you work for.

These 150 stores are ALREADY CLOSED! They were planned closes and nothing was left behind that they didn't want to keep. These closures have been announced through the bankruptcy court every month for several months. They are required notifications atleast 7 days before the execution date.

In other words, roughly 7 days from the end of April, you will probably be able to dig up some poorly written article just like this one. Another article acting like this was a new sudden decision that just occured when in fact the decision was made weeks ago, the stores held a liquidation, and the company cleared out all remaining wanted items even before the required legal notification to the bankruptcy court.

http://www.kccllc.net/blockbuster

You can access every filing made regarding the Blockbuster bankruptcy case. These stores referenced in this article can be found under court docket numbers 1242, 1244, and 1245. Simply click on court documents on the left hand side and see all filings. You can search dockets in several ways. If you go to this site and search these docket numbers you will see the complete list of stores referenced in the article and if any of you worked in a closing store that closed in March, I am sure you will find your store listed in one of these three docket numbers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BBStoreMgr112233 For This Useful Post:
ASMacronyms (March 26th, 2011), djblade (March 26th, 2011), Spohiesmom2008 (March 26th, 2011)
Unread March 25th, 2011, 11:08 PM

blah blah blah...what a tool.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MaximusX7 For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (March 26th, 2011), johnlow71 (March 26th, 2011), JustTheFacts (March 26th, 2011), wowurrcool (March 26th, 2011)
Unread March 26th, 2011, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBStoreMgr112233 View Post
It amazes me how many of you will jump to some random article and quote it so profoundly like it is some great new news. It further amazes me how ignorant most of you are to what is going on.
It amazes me that this still allegedly amazes you since it's how you begin the majority of your posts. So somebody referenced an article that JUST POPPED UP as newly written in an effort to share more information with people. Shouldn't your own knowledge and superiority be its own reward? I'd think someone of your intellectual advancement would be happy to just sit and let the rest of us bottom feeders go about our business instead of insulting us at every turn. Do you really have nothing better to do than bully the people around you because they are not seemingly as well informed as you are? I pity the people who work for you if this is how you attempt to enlighten them through the sharing of information.

There is a difference between attempting to educate in an effective and constructive manner and being an asshole who lords their supposed education over everyone. 482 seems to be in the know about a majority of things that get discussed and batted back and forth in this forum. He's also very loyal to the company he still works for. The difference is he doesn't come off as nearly the dickweed that you do in his attempts to pass along his knowledge and education to the rest of us.

I seriously hope that if the company does stay afloat and moves on after the sale that you're not offered opportunities for advancement because inflicting you on any more people would be a fucking crime.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psycoma For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (March 26th, 2011), JustTheFacts (March 26th, 2011), katiebell (March 26th, 2011), underemployed (March 26th, 2011), Veruka_Salt (March 26th, 2011)