I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 29th, 2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthor View Post
That's strange. Even Shift Leads can see items completed by anyone in the Process Monitor at our store. It basically shows everything, completed or not.
yep, I was a SL and I was able to go digging through box office to find things that had been marked as complete. The system won't let you do anything you're not supposed to do with regard to clicking or getting rid of things (like "accidentally" permanently deleting something) so my suggestion is, since traffic seems to be slow at the moment in most (if not all stores), take some time to just go through randomly clicking tabs and links in box office.

There were lots of times that I found information that had been glossed over by the SM after another store called wanting confirmation on a sale, promotion, or end of sale communication. Aside from the system being eye gougingly slow, it'll be worth it in the long run so you can pull up those communications that nobody else can find (and impress your new bosses in the process).
Unread April 29th, 2011, 09:45 AM

well its how you're set up through compass, giving you certain permissions.

you can get paid as a ASM or SL, and not be assigned to that role through compass.
Unread April 29th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Member formerly known as Lycanthor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy piven View Post
well its how you're set up through compass, giving you certain permissions.

you can get paid as a ASM or SL, and not be assigned to that role through compass.
That has absolutely nothing to do with communications we receive in Box Office. Box Office is a completely separate system not affected by anything in Compass.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuspectRoll For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (April 29th, 2011)
Unread April 29th, 2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthor View Post
That has absolutely nothing to do with communications we receive in Box Office. Box Office is a completely separate system not affected by anything in Compass.
Yes it is a separate system which requires a login and password (which you can do from anywhere as opposed to Compass, which is in store only). You could be a store manager, and if you were not coded correctly in Box office you would not be able to access it.
Unread May 10th, 2011, 08:27 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondSM View Post
All is forgiven on my end. I'm still a bit defensive about being demoted because I don't believe I deserved it but under extenuating circumstances I now work for a different DM who is moving his friends to open positions. But in any event, thank you.
You didn't deserve a demotion, if things didn't go the way they did, you'd be so much better taken care of with this company. Unfortunately, the new DM doesn't know what kind of employee he is not utilizing when he should be.
Looking back at it and knowing who still works for the company when I could have had a job...it's only their loss