I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 29th, 2009, 04:56 PM

Confection

Why the hell do we have Sour Patch and Sour Jacks? If the company is kind of struggling with money, why do we carry so much stupid confection? Like Grillz?
Unread May 3rd, 2009, 01:03 PM
IHBB Freak

Really? Grillz anywhere sell? No, not really. And as far as being well stocked...they are definitely WELL stocked.

When we have the 2 for x$, we do very well with candy, there are quite a few I could see going away, but still, you never know.
Unread May 3rd, 2009, 01:35 PM
IHBB GOD

Sour candies sell well, and we can't keep Grillz in stock. Mostly an area thing I believe.
The top Poster!
Unread May 3rd, 2009, 02:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to MiaTurner
Depends on where your store is too I'd imagine...

We do decent on candy, but not great. That's because our Blockbuster's on a strip and two doors down from us is a grocery store that sells all the candy we do for half the price.
Unread May 3rd, 2009, 03:10 PM
IHBB GOD

You guys could probably carry less candy in my opinion. There seems to be a lot of crap it seems no one wants. Instead if tidying up your sections and maybe increasing facings of the hot candies. It looks like every time you remove a product you seem to have mindset you need to bring something else in.

If it was me, id cut 25-40% of the candies etc you currently carry and give more of the hot proven sellers 2 facings etc. I think that would make your sections quite a bit neater also. For the most part of the BBv's ive been in candy looks sloppy.
Unread May 3rd, 2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter View Post
You guys could probably carry less candy in my opinion. There seems to be a lot of crap it seems no one wants. Instead if tidying up your sections and maybe increasing facings of the hot candies. It looks like every time you remove a product you seem to have mindset you need to bring something else in.

If it was me, id cut 25-40% of the candies etc you currently carry and give more of the hot proven sellers 2 facings etc. I think that would make your sections quite a bit neater also. For the most part of the BBv's ive been in candy looks sloppy.
yep, the problem with BBV and candy is that with every one candy they discontinue they bring in three more to replace it and then they don't sell and they end up in clearance (hannah montana cookie CDs, singing pens, disco pops) or they try to market candy to things that are in theatres still. in my opinion, they should stick to the stuff that are proven sellers and lose the crap specialty candies and chips (all though Frito's sells REALLY WELL, so keep it and lose all the others).
Unread May 3rd, 2009, 03:22 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:

I totally agree on the variety of candy we carry. Way to much. About 3 times a year I check product dates and have to pull a ton of it expired. A complete waste.
The top Poster!
Unread May 3rd, 2009, 03:28 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
I totally agree on the variety of candy we carry. Way to much. About 3 times a year I check product dates and have to pull a ton of it expired. A complete waste.
Ha you just reminded me of something.

You guys have some creepy looking popcorn in like brown and red bags or maybe its gray and red.

Anyway I was in San Diego doing something for my own business and had taken vacation from my job. So back to point I went in a BBV and just wanted to chill and see The Wrestler which I hadnt seen yet.

So im looking at the candy etc and I see these popcorns and considered it just a moment. Then I looked at the date on the front of these bags. It was August 2008. Not only that but I looked closer and the entire rack, maybe 50 bags was dated anywhere from August 08 to March of 09. I asked the kid up front if it was a special quick digestion sale. He didnt get it and just looked at me pretty much dazed.

I opted for the movie 2 waters and bag of pretzels. Kinda cool ya'll sell Frito Lay.
Unread May 3rd, 2009, 03:32 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Ha you just reminded me of something.

You guys have some creepy looking popcorn in like brown and red bags or maybe its gray and red.

I opted for the movie 2 waters and bag of pretzels. Kinda cool ya'll sell Frito Lay.
Bagged popcorn doesn't sell, way to expensive. That's one of the products that's always getting pulled, short shelf life.
Now the Frito Lay products do well. We have full control over ordering that.
The top Poster!
Unread May 3rd, 2009, 03:38 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Bagged popcorn doesn't sell, way to expensive. That's one of the products that's always getting pulled, short shelf life.
Now the Frito Lay products do well. We have full control over ordering that.
If I still worked there I have a feeling id get sick of frito lay pretty quickly.

There are only so many different ways you can eat chips.