I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 3rd, 2009, 07:45 PM
IHBB GOD

i only know of one, but i will take your word on the alternate versions
Unread May 3rd, 2009, 08:40 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter View Post
If I still worked there I have a feeling id get sick of frito lay pretty quickly.

There are only so many different ways you can eat chips.
FACT.

Every week I have to order more!

As for the candy, my area should be a good seller of the grillz but they're not. AT ALL.

My DM bought a popcorn bag and it was expired...he found out after he ate some of it :x

Promo candy is annoying. They should just not give it to us if its in theaters, it doesn't sell that well. Now Bakugan! Holy shit. send more.
Unread May 4th, 2009, 03:18 AM
IHBB GOD

just one thing: i wouldn't hate specialty/seasonal/promo candy products. those Twilight hearts sold in a week. it was crazy. the Spongebob candy is out as soon as we stock it. the only promo candies that i remember completely failing are the hannah montana ones.

the prices are a bit outrageous on items. i always have customers grabbing bags of doritos from the frito lay shelf asking how much they are. soon as i tell them, they don't say a thing and just leave them to the side on the front counter. same for pretzels. kinda weird how are ice cream sells well but they don't want to pay a buck more than the grocery store for some doritos.
Unread May 4th, 2009, 09:43 AM
IHBB GOD

They really need to get rid of about 50% of the confection, have more specials and concentrate on the popular ones.
The top Poster!
Unread May 4th, 2009, 09:51 AM
IHBB GOD

Does anyone like to put the confections in front or around your registers =P

so like at the last minute they change their minds ;D
Unread May 4th, 2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
just one thing: i wouldn't hate specialty/seasonal/promo candy products. those Twilight hearts sold in a week. it was crazy. the Spongebob candy is out as soon as we stock it. the only promo candies that i remember completely failing are the hannah montana ones.

the prices are a bit outrageous on items. i always have customers grabbing bags of doritos from the frito lay shelf asking how much they are. soon as i tell them, they don't say a thing and just leave them to the side on the front counter. same for pretzels. kinda weird how are ice cream sells well but they don't want to pay a buck more than the grocery store for some doritos.
$1 more than at the grocery store? In my store, when I had the dishonor of being the SM, which was like a month ago, they were .99 cents, as clearly stated on the bags! Or $1.29 depending on the size...

Where are they ripping people off on the Fritos? I wouldn't buy them for a penny more than they sell them at the grocery store. Its bad enough a 20oz soda is almost $2 with tax.
Unread May 4th, 2009, 10:30 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Does anyone like to put the confections in front or around your registers =P

so like at the last minute they change their minds ;D
Every week we rotate confection we put on the counter, works well.
The top Poster!
Unread May 4th, 2009, 10:32 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcClane View Post
$1 more than at the grocery store? In my store, when I had the dishonor of being the SM, which was like a month ago, they were .99 cents, as clearly stated on the bags! Or $1.29 depending on the size...

Where are they ripping people off on the Frito's? I wouldn't buy them for a penny more than they sell them at the grocery store. Its bad enough a 20oz soda is almost $2 with tax.
If you notice, our .99 Frito bags weigh less than the ones at all the other stores for .99
And beer is cheaper than soda.
The top Poster!
Unread May 4th, 2009, 10:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to MiaTurner
When I worked at Disneyland, a small bag of Lay's ran anywhere from 3 to 4 dollars depending where in the park you're at.

I, too, had quotas to meet so I would just remind guests it's the only place for miles to get em Wonder how well that trick works at BB.
Unread May 4th, 2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
If you notice, our .99 Frito bags weigh less than the ones at all the other stores for .99
And beer is cheaper than soda.
I never noticed that...hmmm. Is that because our customers eat out of them before browsing the store, then place them back for sale to the next?

I never checked the oz. though, thanks for pointing that out. Just another deception on behalf of the block!