I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread December 11th, 2012, 10:26 PM
IHBB Freak

Dish gets FCC approval

Dish Network Wins FCC Approval For Wireless Plans
By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Tuesday December 11, 2012 @ 9:58pm PSTTags: Dish Network, FCC

The Federal Communications Commission tonight approved a proposal to allow Dish Network to convert satellite spectrum it owns for wireless use. Dish has long sought to change the spectrum from satellite use to mobile broadband in its efforts to offer mobile TV, voice and data connections. Dish senior vice president and deputy general counsel Jeff Blum released the following statement in response to the FCC’s decision.

“The FCC has removed outdated regulations and granted terrestrial flexibility for most of the AWS-4 band. We appreciate the hard work and focus of the FCC and its staff throughout this process. The Commission has taken an important step toward facilitating wireless competition and innovation, and fulfilling the goals of the National Broadband Plan. Following a more thorough review of the order and its technical details, DISH will consider its strategic options and the optimal approach to put this spectrum to use for the benefit of consumers.”
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread December 12th, 2012, 02:32 PM
IHBB GOD

So what does this mean in lay mans terms?
The top Poster!
Unread December 12th, 2012, 03:17 PM

Here's something prudent to consider. Obviously, creating the infrastructure of a new mobile network is going to take more than a month or two, so for how many more quarters will Dish be willing to lose money operating the BB stores while they establish the mobile network?

Also, another question... why did Dish close down so many BB stores when they had this in the planning stages? Aren't they going to need more than ~800 stores to compete with Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T?
Unread December 12th, 2012, 04:12 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
So what does this mean in lay mans terms?
Satelites work on a certain frequency in the air....though it cant support servers and things that need dedicated connections ( cell phones work in pulses) freeing up some of those frequency will allow cell phones to pulse to that frequency. Thus jumbling and fuxking up dish's frequencys aka spectrum. Same rules would apply snow storm or rain would fuck up the frequency to drop pulses by cell phones...unless they have some sort of mechanism in place....but why only do that for cell pbones and not test on tv or internet frequencies....

Fun fact when the cell phone recives these pulses it generates radiation...even in your poxket when your not touching it...muahahaha

Dish could provide cheap plan becuase thier piggy bqcking on the other frequencies...2 birds with 1 stone. Though it would take 5 years for them to get competitive...they own no towers just sattilites.... that many thousands of miles away from earth. Also you need direct line site for example cell phone goes to sattilite but if the satellite goes on other side of earth...aka call dropped. You have. 5 minute window currently.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Last edited by Hot Head; December 12th, 2012 at 04:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
zooworker (December 13th, 2012)
Unread December 12th, 2012, 04:34 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiceCake View Post
Here's something prudent to consider. Obviously, creating the infrastructure of a new mobile network is going to take more than a month or two, so for how many more quarters will Dish be willing to lose money operating the BB stores while they establish the mobile network?

Also, another question... why did Dish close down so many BB stores when they had this in the planning stages? Aren't they going to need more than ~800 stores to compete with Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T?
You seem to forget the amount of customers that use the blockbuster service through dish, and how that profit goes to Dish and doesnt show on the profit reports for blockbuster. Also, a lot of the closing stores are also because of the space either being too large and no point in keeping or other companies coming and offering more for said space.

We will see, now with approval, this could mean big things, but there is no telling at this stage.
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread December 12th, 2012, 04:56 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
You seem to forget the amount of customers that use the blockbuster service through dish, and how that profit goes to Dish and doesnt show on the profit reports for blockbuster. Also, a lot of the closing stores are also because of the space either being too large and no point in keeping or other companies coming and offering more for said space.

We will see, now with approval, this could mean big things, but there is no telling at this stage.
Means nothing...technology not there....huge huge capital involved....you want to put up another tower to bad buy a space shuttle lmao

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (December 12th, 2012)