I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 23rd, 2008, 09:37 AM

Rental Prices changing again (UK Blockbusters)

Surprise surprise just when we get use to the new rental mix and match (save a £1 and half price rentals) they decide its too complicated and are changing it again!!!!!!!

so now we're get three sections to rental, blue section (Y Codes), Pink section (C codes) and Green section (B Codes)

but this time customers cant mix and match (which wont last long, you heard me say it first!!)

These people in head office really have nothing else to do have they?

Stephen
Unread July 23rd, 2008, 10:00 AM

you can mix and match but it's fucking confusing. but rental games are continuing at the current offer. and rental boxsets have no deals at all!

here's the rundown for anyone interested

New Release (Y Codes) rent 2 for £7.50 for 2 nights, 3 for £10 for 3 nights and 4 for £12 for 4 nights

C Codes are rent 2 for £6, 3 for £8 keep for a week

B Codes are rent 2 for £5, 3 for £6 keep for a week

a combination of either 1 Y and 2 C or 2 C and 1 Y will cost £9 but not sure about rental periods yet

brilliantly they want us to move the stores around AGAIN with all our blu-ray (that's retail, trade and rental) all on the wall at the front of the store, then exclusives, then Y codes, then C codes, then boxsets, then rental games

as if we haven't moved the stores around enough recently

oh and it's no longer a rental relaunch. it's a rental realignment

but remeber guys, we rent movies not colours

it's well fucking jackson
The Following User Says Thank You to nathan barley For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (July 23rd, 2008)
Unread July 23rd, 2008, 10:05 AM
IHBB GOD

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i gave you your first thanks
Unread July 23rd, 2008, 10:44 AM

nice thanks johnlow

Unread July 23rd, 2008, 12:04 PM

Oh fucks sake >_< Its not head office that get shit from customers when we have to explain they have changed it yet again >_< Hopefully I will be gone soon mwhahah.
Unread July 23rd, 2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen9478 View Post
which wont last long, you heard me say it first!!
Oh it will, the reason the rentals are going back up again is because they have lost £3m in profits since the last prce change.

Its only going back to pretty much what it used to be, so shouldnt really be a change thats too hard to accept. The current pricing setup was obvious it would be short lived, it was hopeless.
Unread July 23rd, 2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan barley View Post
you can mix and match but it's fucking confusing. but rental games are continuing at the current offer. and rental boxsets have no deals at all!
Does anyone really need an offer on boxsets though? I mean the pitch now is pretty impossible.

"Hi, I see you are renting 18 hours worth of viewing to squeeze into 1 week whilst also working and doing all the other things in your life...how would you like to tack on an extra 90 minutes with the latest hilarious Adam Sandler flick for just another £2.95?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan barley View Post
brilliantly they want us to move the stores around AGAIN with all our blu-ray (that's retail, trade and rental) all on the wall at the front of the store, then exclusives, then Y codes, then C codes, then boxsets, then rental games
We already get people bringing blu-ray to the counter having no idea what it is, this will only make things worse, and yet I know that is exactly what BB think, just like when we were told to put the e-top up machines on the counter so people would naturally think they were for card payments and then when you pointed out how retarded they were for thinking that you also had the chance to explain that we do e-top up you know!

I have no idea when I am going to have time to do all this and by splitting the sections into y, c and b each section is going to be tiny in my store and look crap, mixing them all together was the best thing that happened for those of us in small stores!
The Following User Says Thank You to JackSM For This Useful Post:
BBUK Nommie (August 1st, 2008)
Unread July 23rd, 2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSM View Post
Does anyone really need an offer on boxsets though? I mean the pitch now is pretty impossible.

"Hi, I see you are renting 18 hours worth of viewing to squeeze into 1 week whilst also working and doing all the other things in your life...how would you like to tack on an extra 90 minutes with the latest hilarious Adam Sandler flick for just another £2.95?"

We already get people bringing blu-ray to the counter having no idea what it is, this will only make things worse, and yet I know that is exactly what BB think, just like when we were told to put the e-top up machines on the counter so people would naturally think they were for card payments and then when you pointed out how retarded they were for thinking that you also had the chance to explain that we do e-top up you know!

I have no idea when I am going to have time to do all this and by splitting the sections into y, c and b each section is going to be tiny in my store and look crap, mixing them all together was the best thing that happened for those of us in small stores!
agreed, my store does look better now. with cover box home too, my y codes are going to look absolutely awful come friday night. at least with everything mixed in we could fill the gaps, now there'll be nothing in to fill the gaps with!

oh i forgot there is technically a deal on boxsets. early return. watch 7 discs of tv and return by 6pm same day. ha. go blockbusters

Unread July 27th, 2008, 05:38 AM

any ideas when this has to be done by I'd like to book the week off as holiday I cant take any more restickering or furniture moving! I did the last two rental changes the pink ones & current stickers!
Unread July 27th, 2008, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Miss_Csr View Post
any ideas when this has to be done by I'd like to book the week off as holiday I cant take any more restickering or furniture moving! I did the last two rental changes the pink ones & current stickers!
It has to be done by friday, yes this friday so don't think you will be getting the week off somehow. New POS should arrive Tuesday and you should have an email or pack detailing when to do what.

We've already started to desticker the new releases in preperation and I have to say they look so much better without some massive great sticker covering them up, I know the new stickers are designed to not cover up the back of the box but am I the only one who is getting complaints from customers that you can't even see the title of the movie on half the boxes thanks to the stickers on the front?

Films which have the title covered over are just sitting on the shelf as no one even looks at them, even big titles are just sitting there until people ask us for them as we forget that the general public have no idea what the covers look like and are relying on at least being able to see the damn title