I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 8th, 2008, 05:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to Emo Penguin Toast
I FUCKING HATE THAT.
What the hell is up with no pen EVERYONE looks for the freaking pen, when there is one, noone uses it.
They practically pull out ALL the cords before they get it through there fucking skulls when I say USE YOUR FINGER. Oh and then the pound on it with their cards and fingernails,

Jesus Christ on a Stick! >:O
Unread July 8th, 2008, 05:56 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk237 View Post
The pump handle does all the work. There's a little hole near the tip of the nozzle that gets shoved into your tank along with the nozzle itself. When gas pours into the tank, the vacuum created (inside the handle) draws air in through the hole. When the tank fills up, it closes the hole (floods it in gas, so to speak) so the handle can't draw in air to accommodate the vacuum-- so it "sucks" in the trigger instead, thereby stopping the flow of gas. All the mechanics for this are in the pump handle (which is essentially a little hole and a short auxiliary tube).
that's why you shouldn't top off the tank. when you do that it fucks with the vacuum sensor. When the pump stops you should be done, unless it isnt lined up in the tank right and the sensor keeps getting tripped.
Unread July 8th, 2008, 06:47 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreDre View Post
Somehow, there is always one credit card machine at my store that is missing a pen. No big deal, because the touch-screen responds better to fingertips, but still, this confuses the hell out of people.

Me: That'll be $14.35.
Lady: *swipes card and then starts groping all around the machine for the connected pen*
Me: I'm sorry, there's no pen for that machine.
[She looks at me really confused, and then while continuing to grope for a pen, leans down close to the CC machine.]
Lady: *speaking into the machine* CREDIT!

0.o

*Gigglesnort!* I swear to God, I would have fallen out laughing.
Unread July 8th, 2008, 11:06 PM

A couple interesting customers tonight.

A guy walks in saying that he's been charged for the last few months for a movie pass.
So I look up his account and he's been using it quite regularly since he started up but he says he "thought it was just a one time payment, not every month"
So he wanted a refund for those months he's been getting free rentals and he was just charged, so he wants that back too.
I give him customer support and tell him to call them.
So what does he do? Turns to his partner as says "Well let's get some movies since it's still good."
I was left thinking to myself, "If you want money back for this month, it helps if you don't use the movie pass for this month."
But he rented and left anyway.
I hope he doesn't get anything.

Second, a couple days ago a woman cam in her her young son and his friend.
They ran around looking at games, looking for Call of Duty 4 in particular.
His mom asks, "Why do you need that? You already have a copy at home. I'm not paying for another."
His friend, "No, we're just renting it, and then we'll return his copy instad of theirs."
My heart weeps for humanity.
I pull out the copy of CoD and put two small red dots on the disc and put a warning on the account.
I came in today, was reminded of this, and went to see if they've returned it.
I see they have, make sure it's the right copy, and check the disc:
No red dots and the ring of death on the back.
Nailed.
I think some one's going to be upset when we charge them for a copy of CoD 4...
Unread July 9th, 2008, 06:56 AM
IHBB GOD

Okay, but you probably should have just confronted them when they rented the game instead of letting them do it.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Antithesys For This Useful Post:
girl_growler (July 9th, 2008), HardcoreDre (July 12th, 2008), HardcoreKeith (July 9th, 2008)
Unread July 9th, 2008, 08:28 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobedrummer View Post
I think some one's going to be upset when we charge them for a copy of CoD 4...
Just call them and say they returned a personal copy of the game, not the store's licensed copy.
Unread July 9th, 2008, 08:52 AM

I have got one...
One night we were getting slammed. We had all four registers open and lines like you wouldnt believe. Well this woman came up and just stood there. I was talking to the customer I was checking out and she loudly interrupted and said, "I am bring these back, check them in" I explained that I was super busy and if she could just put them in the drop box I would check them in ASAP. Then she said, "Oh No I never put my movies in the drop box they get lost and dont always get checked in if you put them in there!"
WHAT?!
She said, "I want to SEE you check them in" Again I explained how busy I was but I took the movies and set them beside my register. She walked away. And I promptly threw them in the drop box.
People are so weird.
Unread July 9th, 2008, 09:10 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to girl_growler
Quote:
Originally Posted by whydoiworkhere View Post
I have got one...
One night we were getting slammed. We had all four registers open and lines like you wouldnt believe. Well this woman came up and just stood there. I was talking to the customer I was checking out and she loudly interrupted and said, "I am bring these back, check them in" I explained that I was super busy and if she could just put them in the drop box I would check them in ASAP. Then she said, "Oh No I never put my movies in the drop box they get lost and dont always get checked in if you put them in there!"
WHAT?!
She said, "I want to SEE you check them in" Again I explained how busy I was but I took the movies and set them beside my register. She walked away. And I promptly threw them in the drop box.
People are so weird.
If that happened to me, I'd politely explain that if she'd like you to check them in in her presence, she'd have to get in line and wait her turn, OR she could (as you said) put them in the drop box. I have several customers who want to see their movies get checked in. Most of them have had issues with movies being charged and then FOS'd or something like that. I get that, but still, back of the line.
rk237 (July 9th, 2008), zooworker (July 9th, 2008)
Unread July 9th, 2008, 09:08 PM

A few weeks ago a customer was trying to use the credit card machine (none of ours have pens). After explaining that he had to use his finger, he said to his girlfriend "This is how people get sick with diseases and shit".

I wanted to point out the fault in his logic, but utlimately I apologized and sent him on his way.

And the other night while ringing up a $10 gift card (the scratch and sniff popcorn variety), after she paid, she looked up and saw that there was a happy birthday style gift card on the sales rack. She asked if she could exchange the gift card she just bought 5 seconds ago with the other one.

She totally caught me off guard and the only thing that came to mind was "Is it really that big of deal?"

She thought for a second, then said no.

I had to sit down for a few on that one.
Unread July 10th, 2008, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whydoiworkhere View Post
I have got one...
WHAT?!
People are so weird.

I had a customer like that once.

I took his movies, turned around, and tossed them in the drop box right in front of him.

Fuckin' A.