I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 16th, 2010, 03:25 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
No good movies are really out
I don't think that's the problem. When I was working for the company back in 01-03 and Blockbuster was still kicking ass and taking names(redbox hadn't even been invented yet and netflix wasn't even half the size it is now) we were pretty busy even when all of the new releases were crap that no one really cared about. EVERY single weekend the store was jam packed. Even on weekday mornings business was good. Now you got stores doing less than 30 transactions all day. If that isn't a sign that the end is here, I don't know what is.

Last edited by Morbid Angel; September 16th, 2010 at 03:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Morbid Angel For This Useful Post:
yodavsjason (September 16th, 2010)
Unread September 16th, 2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorrent scowl View Post
So I hadn't worked since Monday, and I went in today to drop some movies off. No big surprise, there are maybe 2 cars in the lot.

My SAM is there, looking like the proverbial rented government mule. There are signs taped all over behind the counter (all on DM's orders). Some examples:

We must now call in every TA.
Bundle totals are called in every 2 hours.
Every customer must be handed one of those fake bundle coupons on the floor.
We must badger the fuck out of customers to add movies to their queue immediately (including calling them at home and making sure).

There was more, but honestly I stopped reading at that point. I'm going out of town for a few days, and I'm pretty sure by the next time I work again, there will be a lot more. It kind of reminded me of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. You know, where Umbridge kept sticking up more and more ridiculous rules until the mammoth wall is covered.

There was also a threat from the DM that we need to "wow" him in the next couple of weeks... or else. Yup. Not much new there.
I'd comment more, but if you'll excuse me, there are some resumes I need to send out. At this point I'll turn it over to Hot Head, who I know will find just the right thing to say.
HH... take it away.
Lol "wow him" what the fuck is this shit, MAGIC? OOOOOO AHHHHHHH so many sales from empty stores.. I would so kick him in the balls

Tell him to go play in traffic and if he survives then you will be wowed, then you will do anything in your power to return the favor. Till then maybe he should spend more then 5 mins in your store,seeing that sometimes fucking sales goals cant be achieved

How do these assholes still have jobs, while the rest of good people get fed to the lions? I dont see one other company that comes even close to the bullshit that cockbuster does

Last edited by Flantanella; September 16th, 2010 at 03:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flantanella For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (September 16th, 2010)
Unread September 16th, 2010, 04:00 PM

"Wowing your DM" - under the table talk for driving to the local ATM and emptying your entire bank account to buy assloads of candy, because that's the only plausible way you can attain Blockbuster's impractical goals.

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itirnitii For This Useful Post:
djblade (September 16th, 2010), Hot Head (September 16th, 2010), yodavsjason (September 16th, 2010)
Unread September 16th, 2010, 04:03 PM

Dont forget though, LP will start to question just how good you really are, cause if you do you job and sell. You get investigated for fraud, if you dont do your job, you get threats. Nice business plan there morons
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flantanella For This Useful Post:
djblade (September 16th, 2010), farmface (September 16th, 2010), Ghost of AtlanticVamp (September 16th, 2010), Hot Head (September 16th, 2010), katiebell (September 17th, 2010), sparklez631 (September 16th, 2010), yodavsjason (September 16th, 2010)
Unread September 16th, 2010, 04:08 PM
IHBB GOD

Same thing happened to me then I turned sour

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread September 16th, 2010, 04:23 PM

Maybe douchebag keyes over there can shrink his bonus and pay rate to what store workers earn, then who knows maybe the company can turn around. But sorry I forgot that takes people with a brain stem to come up with that idea.
Unread September 16th, 2010, 04:38 PM
IHBB GOD

Does anyone remember how the goals went again

A- 98 bundles, 22 TA , 2 Game Pre-sales
B- ???
C- ???
D- ???
Unread September 16th, 2010, 04:50 PM

shit i still remember the days we had to do Twilight presales and the saying from my DM is priceless

" I want you guys to sell that to everyone, no excuses. You get a big black man as your customer, you offer him twilight presale. You get a couple, you sell the presale. Men, women, children EVERYONE

I am thinking to myself no single man would say Gee great sign me up. If its for Call of duty then maybe but really Twilight?
Unread September 16th, 2010, 05:09 PM
IHBB Freak

Wow. Did the moron actually use the phrase "Big Black Man"?

BTW, I imagine that 80% of Robert Pattinson's fan club is comprised of single men over the age of 35.
Unread September 16th, 2010, 05:21 PM

Yep the moron actually used big black man. Lets see if he has the balls to talk like that to them and not get killed

I actually for shits and giggles did it to one regular that was in the army. 6 ft tall big mother fucker, after I told him about twilight. He looked at me with the expression "wtf is wrong with you" I honestly thought he would punch me in the face

Didnt even know fuckign Edward real name is, next twilight movie out I should go in and secure my presale along with a case of pickles