I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 3rd, 2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
SM's now have to work 6 days a week 9 hrs a day, and be on call every day...
How is that different than the current SM schedule? We were routinely required to work on Sunday if we hadn't met our goals for the week by Saturday.
Unread June 3rd, 2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy1234 View Post
How is that different than the current SM schedule? We were routinely required to work on Sunday if we hadn't met our goals for the week by Saturday.
Really? I havent ever heard that before. I know SMs are required to work 45 hours a week now but that really shows you how every store and state is different from everywhere else.
Unread June 3rd, 2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Breathe 09 View Post
Really? I havent ever heard that before. I know SMs are required to work 45 hours a week now but that really shows you how every store and state is different from everywhere else.
Yes really. Also we often had "non performer" conference calls at 7am on Saturday and Sunday with the RDO for SM's whose stores did not hit the daily goal for Friday and Saturday. During Rewards drive for example: Friday goal would be 15 Rewards. If your store only sold 14 you would be required to be on a conference call at 7 am on Saturday. The goal would then be raised for Saturday to 17 Rewards to "make up for the lack of sales on Friday" (even though Friday was always busier than Saturday). If your store only sold 16 on Saturday you would have to be on the call at 7 am on Sunday. Then, if you were not within 5 Rewards of your weekly goal by close of business on Saturday, you would have to go in on Sunday at noon and call your DM from the store to let them know you were there to "coach" your employees in selling Rewards and call back from the store at 5 with your sales for the shift.
Unread June 3rd, 2011, 07:39 PM

MAYBE they'll actually get a real human resources department!

where you call human resources to call out, and they can find someone in the district to get the shift covered.

who am i kidding, in reality you wont have to cover anybody's shift because all stores are closing.
Unread June 4th, 2011, 05:09 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Yes really. Also we often had "non performer" conference calls at 7am on Saturday and Sunday with the RDO for SM's whose stores did not hit the daily goal for Friday and Saturday. During Rewards drive for example: Friday goal would be 15 Rewards. If your store only sold 14 you would be required to be on a conference call at 7 am on Saturday. The goal would then be raised for Saturday to 17 Rewards to "make up for the lack of sales on Friday" (even though Friday was always busier than Saturday). If your store only sold 16 on Saturday you would have to be on the call at 7 am on Sunday. Then, if you were not within 5 Rewards of your weekly goal by close of business on Saturday, you would have to go in on Sunday at noon and call your DM from the store to let them know you were there to "coach" your employees in selling Rewards and call back from the store at 5 with your sales for the shift.
To actually coach people you have to be good at lying and decieving, if there person tried hard and couldnt do it. You need to make them feel guilty because they aren't good enouph etc...

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread June 4th, 2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy piven View Post
MAYBE they'll actually get a real human resources department!

where you call human resources to call out, and they can find someone in the district to get the shift covered.

who am i kidding, in reality you wont have to cover anybody's shift because all stores are closing.
What is this "human resources department" thing you are talking about? BBI didn't view its employees as human beings anyway so they wouldn't need a human resources department. During the last few months I was there, the HR manager, LP manager, and half the DM's in the region quit under the fantastic leadership we had!
Unread June 4th, 2011, 10:08 AM
IHBB GOD

BB forgets that we haven't gotten raises for almost 4 years + they keep adding more weights to our shoulders expecting more and more out of us. Its like getting promoted without any pay increase.
Unread June 4th, 2011, 01:30 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Where would you find the time to get laid with your gf or wife? damn hahah
Unread June 4th, 2011, 01:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to BBW[BlockBusterWorker] Send a message via Skype™ to BBW[BlockBusterWorker]
Quote:
What is this "human resources department" thing you are talking about? BBI didn't view its employees as human beings anyway so they wouldn't need a human resources department. During the last few months I was there, the HR manager, LP manager, and half the DM's in the region quit under the fantastic leadership we had!
For the 4 years I worked for the company HR fired more employees than helping them when they were supposed to.

Please join me in converting all your copies of the Riddick Trilogy as so.
Unread June 5th, 2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Where would you find the time to get laid with your gf or wife? damn hahah
If it came down to that I'd buy the damn bundles myself rather than do without!