I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread December 21st, 2011, 07:56 AM
IHBB GOD

oh oh!

i think a store in my town just got there walking paper . well be back later with more info........... that would be 2 stores left in my area. and it begins.
Unread December 21st, 2011, 09:10 AM

Dropping like flys.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Just Breathe 09 For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (December 21st, 2011)
Unread December 21st, 2011, 10:18 AM

Should go read the fb page... several people posting about just finding out their stores are closing
Unread December 21st, 2011, 12:30 PM
IHBB Freak

Just drove by a store last night (out of my district) that had a big FOR LEASE sign in front. I went in and asked about it. Apparently they just found out too.

My guess is that the stores that are closing are ones whose leases are expiring. Based on some things I've heard, DISH just doesn't want to renew.

Last edited by Propoxy; December 21st, 2011 at 12:40 PM.
Unread December 21st, 2011, 12:46 PM

Where's all the corporate bootlicks to tell us all how this is just "the latest absolutely brilliant move by the greatest company that has ever been in existence. Blockbuster's future is nothing but fine, everything is fine for the still number one choice for entertainment in the entire U.S. Those stores that are closing, the employees must have just not been doing all they could to go out into their community and spread the word about our fantastic offers and to make EVERY household in their community have a Merry Blockbuster Christmas!" (gag).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PickleBundle For This Useful Post:
D Money (December 22nd, 2011), inkedangel (December 21st, 2011)
Unread December 21st, 2011, 12:55 PM

Just found out today 7 stores in our district are closing including our own. Last day to rent is Monday and my SM found out this Monday. After locking all those people into a combo pass, now closing all these stores, talk about shady as hell.
Unread December 21st, 2011, 01:00 PM

Our last day of renting is Monday, originally we were supposed to stop on the 5th but they extended 3 of the 4 in our district. The 4th we found out about later on. It wouldn't let us sell the pass anymore, stopped giving us the option several weeks ago, no pass prompts either. Still haven't heard what the online drive for this round is yet either.
Unread December 21st, 2011, 01:12 PM
IHBB GOD

girl just gave 2 weeks notice, so cool ill get those hrs lol. i have 3 great job aspects on horizon, one pays really well hmmmmm.
The Following User Says Thank You to johnlow71 For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (December 21st, 2011)
Unread December 21st, 2011, 01:14 PM
IHBB GOD

i plan to get my hand on all the flatscreens, one of the reasons i stuck around and a great fing price mmmm hmmm.
The Following User Says Thank You to johnlow71 For This Useful Post:
D Money (December 22nd, 2011)
Unread December 21st, 2011, 01:19 PM
IHBB GOD

Hell, I was let go 2 years ago today. Yeah! I'm doing fine now......
The top Poster!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
Antithesys (December 24th, 2011), D Money (December 22nd, 2011), johnlow71 (December 22nd, 2011)