I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 14th, 2010, 08:30 AM

Angry Another One Leaves(with 100k Bonus too!)

Blockbuster CFO leaves amid bankruptcy worries
Blockbuster CFO steps down with possible bankruptcy looming; company pays him $100,000

DALLAS (AP) -- Blockbuster Inc.'s chief financial officer has left the struggling home video rental chain with a possible bankruptcy filing looming.

Thomas Casey's last day as CFO was Saturday, according to documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. His departure came a few days after renegotiating the terms of his severance package.

The revisions qualified Casey for a lump-sum payment of $100,000, besides money owed for his unused vacation. He will also receive $7,000 to cover moving expenses, according to the SEC filing.

Casey had been Blockbuster's CFO for three years.

Blockbuster hired Dennis McGill as its new CFO. McGill formerly was CFO of Safety-Kleen Systems Inc.

Once a home entertainment powerhouse, Blockbuster has been losing market share and money for years as more consumers rent DVDs from video subscription service Netflix Inc. and in-store kiosks that dispense discs for just a $1 per night. More recently, Blockbuster has been hurt by the growing popularity of streaming video over the Internet.

Those trends have prodded Blockbuster to close hundreds of stores, but the company remains saddled with more debt than it can afford to repay. To survive, Blockbuster has acknowledged it may seek Chapter 11 bankruptcy organization.

Blockbuster shares closed unchanged at 9 cents Monday.

DO YOU DICKS KNOW HOW MANY FREAKING BUNDLES WE GOT TO SELL TO MAKE $ 100K SO YOU CAN JUST THROW IT AWAY. IF THE REST OF US HAVE TO GO DOWN WITH THE SHIP, WHY NOT THE ONES MAKING THE IDIOTIC DECISIONS!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Dog For This Useful Post:
golgiapparatus (September 14th, 2010)
Unread September 14th, 2010, 08:39 AM

This is in the NEWS section :P

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
Unread September 14th, 2010, 03:18 PM

For the love of God 3 years and he fucking gets to "negotiate" his own severance package. Ive been here 15 I'm sure all I will get is "good luck finding another job". My head is spinning these people make me sick and the people who allow this disgust me.
Unread September 14th, 2010, 03:56 PM
IHBB GOD

Fuck Thomas Casey's the pretend CFO

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.