I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 23rd, 2010, 08:10 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnomaly View Post
I just found out the M-F with rewards is temporary. As in ENDING after the summer. WTF?! It's not an extended "benefit" if it's only temporary... it's just a marketing ploy. It's an "as soon as we offset our Q2 defecit, it's going away" promotion...
I was actually told it ends in July and we're only doing this for seven weeks
Unread May 23rd, 2010, 08:42 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
ive ordered several shirts..never get them..and we cant even order the new name tags..but we can get the old ones..
For those who need shirts, I also have a couple of the t-shirt style ones, all XL. PM me, if you're interested.
Unread May 23rd, 2010, 08:49 PM

It's going to be SO much fun explaining to customers that Mon-Fri was only temporary. People are going to be throwing a fit.
Unread May 23rd, 2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by empbal View Post
It's going to be SO much fun explaining to customers that Mon-Fri was only temporary. People are going to be throwing a fit.
Yeah, I heard about this temporary benefit during the push from this site and asked the store manager about it..

"So is the M-F thing permanent?" "No, its just for the summer" "I'm not going to lie to people" etc. etc... I don't think I'm liked very much...
Unread May 23rd, 2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omg_bbv View Post
Yeah, I heard about this temporary benefit during the push from this site and asked the store manager about it..

"So is the M-F thing permanent?" "No, its just for the summer" "I'm not going to lie to people" etc. etc... I don't think I'm liked very much...
If this company stopped lying to its customers all the time, then they would probably have more customers... The problem with Blockbuster is they keep trying to squeeze money out of people, but it just keeps backfiring on them. I refuse to lie to people. So far, I've told everyone that I've sold rewards to that the M-F thing is only for this summer.
Unread May 23rd, 2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRider23 View Post
If this company stopped lying to its customers all the time, then they would probably have more customers... The problem with Blockbuster is they keep trying to squeeze money out of people, but it just keeps backfiring on them. I refuse to lie to people. So far, I've told everyone that I've sold rewards to that the M-F thing is only for this summer.
Seriously, just like when "This Is It" was on presale we were told we were not getting it as a rental... so that's what we told people. I couldn't count the number of customers that cancelled their preorders and just rented the damn thing.. "i thought you weren't getting rentals?" "that's what we were told... ?"
Unread May 23rd, 2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omg_bbv View Post
Seriously, just like when "This Is It" was on presale we were told we were not getting it as a rental... so that's what we told people. I couldn't count the number of customers that cancelled their preorders and just rented the damn thing.. "i thought you weren't getting rentals?" "that's what we were told... ?"
The same thing is going on with Alice in Wonderland. We're supposed to tell people that the only Alice in Wonderland retail we're getting is going to be for preorders only and that we won't be selling general retail. That's total bullshit and everyone knows it. Blockbuster will be losing money if they don't get in general retail of Alice in Wonderland.
Unread May 23rd, 2010, 10:13 PM
IHBB GOD

i didn't hear about the "no general retail" for Alice. even if i did, i'd immediately know that it was BS.

i just wanted to note that i only worked 14 hours this week and got 13 rewards. our rewards numbers for the week, though, have been an absolute failure.

i really really hate giving it my all and yet my own SM and ASM who work 30+ hours can't manage to get more than half of what i got with almost 3 times the hours. if everyone at the store got half the rewards i got, we'd have met our goal.

so the next time my SM tries to give me a routine talk about selling, i'm going to just go off on her ass.

Last edited by BUYMECAR; May 23rd, 2010 at 10:20 PM.
Unread May 24th, 2010, 02:42 AM

I got 12 yesterday, and 10 the day before. Our store at over 80 for the week. It's all about the renewal, even up until the end of the year, just tell them if they renew early they'll get an extra free one today for the drive.
Unread May 24th, 2010, 04:39 AM
IHBB Freak

I refuse to lie to customers. If a customer is willing to hear my song and dance about Rewards, I'm going to be honest with them and tell them exactly what they're going to get (and for how long).
I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the company not wanting customers to know the M-F thing is temporary. Hell, past performance would seem to indicate we want to keep our customers (and sometimes the workers) in the dark as much as possible.

The last time I was in the store was Saturday for the early shift. Getting Rewards has been about as easy as pulling teeth. There's a lot of "I'll sure think about it" people, but you all know how that goes.
wheresmikey (May 24th, 2010), zooworker (May 24th, 2010)