I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread October 19th, 2006, 08:16 PM
IHBB GOD

c'est dommage.
Unread October 19th, 2006, 10:02 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0311marine View Post
Well my little carreer at blockbuster is over, After a couple lies told by a new employee (not even at my store) and a blow up the 2 years are finally over, on the plus side Im through with the shitty pay, horrible employees and dumb ass customers on the negative side............um......oh yeah my pre-streets aw well you cant have everything, on a good note I have a job thats paying me more than a dollar more an hour than I made at blockbuster after me being there two years and an AM. I understand some of you love your jobs and thats fine, I probably would have liked it if I wasn't in a franchise.

First of all, if you got a better job, why didn't you leave by your own choice?? Not criticising you, just want to know.... just like everyone is asking for the details.... if your new job is so better, how did you get it, don't you wish that you had gotten it long before, and why didn't you leave BBI sooner??

Second, trust me, working for a franchise is better than BBI corporate

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread October 19th, 2006, 10:44 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Well my little carreer at blockbuster is over, After a couple lies told by a new employee (not even at my store) and a blow up the 2 years are finally over, on the plus side Im through with the shitty pay, horrible employees and dumb ass customers on the negative side............um......oh yeah my pre-streets aw well you cant have everything, on a good note I have a job thats paying me more than a dollar more an hour than I made at blockbuster after me being there two years and an AM. I understand some of you love your jobs and thats fine, I probably would have liked it if I wasn't in a franchise.
Blah blah blah. Heard it before. Been hearing it from the 2 CSR's we fired yesterday and the one CSR who put up his two weeks notice. Look, if your job was really that bad, why were you there for so long?! If I had to guess, I'd say either A) You're lazy and live with your parents rent-free with no bills so don't really need that much money anyway, or B) No one else will hire you. Or you're lying. Whatev.
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread October 19th, 2006, 11:18 PM

Wow such animosity, You guys really are good little employees.

A. I stayed there that long so I could get out of the house and get free movies, my wife got a full time job after I got out of the Corps and I decided to stay at home with my daughter.

B. The details involve and employee from another store telling my district manager some bullshit in order to get her husband hired. We had know AM openings and he didnt want to work for the 5.15 they pay CSR's and since me and Her store manager have bad blood, I was picked as a fall guy If you look back on my 1st post her store manager is the one that calls herself BHCfounder, Im just happy to be gone from this dead end job. It was fun while it lasted and I liked some aspects of it and some employees. But on the whole im glad this little chapter is over, after being the top seller in my district for every contest we ran while i worked there and not getting shit out of it Im glad to be gone and even more glad that I took people with me.

C. Yes part of it was my fault, I had the choice of being fired or quitting I chose to quit. I probably shouldn't have called the District Managers friend (the other store manager) a fucking liar, but she had decided on my being gone way before that.

Does this answer everyones question or would you guys like more details, or just to keep bitching and being good little blockbuster soldiers.

And getting the other job was easy I just applied, 2 years of managment exp. and 4 years Military makes a good application.
Unread October 20th, 2006, 12:25 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Wow such animosity, You guys really are good little employees.

A. I stayed there that long so I could get out of the house and get free movies, my wife got a full time job after I got out of the Corps and I decided to stay at home with my daughter.

B. The details involve and employee from another store telling my district manager some bullshit in order to get her husband hired. We had know AM openings and he didnt want to work for the 5.15 they pay CSR's and since me and Her store manager have bad blood, I was picked as a fall guy If you look back on my 1st post her store manager is the one that calls herself BHCfounder, Im just happy to be gone from this dead end job. It was fun while it lasted and I liked some aspects of it and some employees. But on the whole im glad this little chapter is over, after being the top seller in my district for every contest we ran while i worked there and not getting shit out of it Im glad to be gone and even more glad that I took people with me.

C. Yes part of it was my fault, I had the choice of being fired or quitting I chose to quit. I probably shouldn't have called the District Managers friend (the other store manager) a fucking liar, but she had decided on my being gone way before that.

Does this answer everyones question or would you guys like more details, or just to keep bitching and being good little blockbuster soldiers.

And getting the other job was easy I just applied, 2 years of managment exp. and 4 years Military makes a good application.
Mmm. Not buying it. Try again.
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread October 20th, 2006, 02:05 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantheman View Post
Mmm. Not buying it. Try again.
I have to agree.

Quote:
A. I stayed there that long so I could get out of the house and get free movies,
This is why BBI is in such dire trouble. This is your reason for working at BBI, and you either were in a management position, or up for a management position?? (Can't be sure because you seem to be vague on the details.... not that I blame you, but then you can't bitch about the assumptions people make)

You seem to have the ability to do the job, but it's obvious that you heart isn't in it. And since you didn't even try to better yourself until you were forced to, well.........

On top of that, you complain about the lack of research here, but failed to do any research yourself.

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread October 20th, 2006, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
I have to agree.
This is why BBI is in such dire trouble. This is your reason for working at BBI, and you either were in a management position, or up for a management position?? (Can't be sure because you seem to be vague on the details.... not that I blame you, but then you can't bitch about the assumptions people make)

You seem to have the ability to do the job, but it's obvious that you heart isn't in it. And since you didn't even try to better yourself until you were forced to, well.........

On top of that, you complain about the lack of research here, but failed to do any research yourself.
Everything I said was accurate, Yes i was a little vague on the details but thats because one of the people key to what happend checks this site to make sure no one in her store in the district bitches about anything.

And I wasnt complaining about research I just stated that the SM has been on here before.

The district I was in is in dire trouble because of crap wages we were paid and dealing with crap like contests with the only prize is to keep your job or not get written up. Im not saying that I expected anything for a contest but to be threatend with your job really isnt a good motivator. The girl that got me in so much trouble also managed to get 4 other people fired for equally bogus reasons.

The high and mighty 4 people that post here might look at this as a long term carreer but I looked at it as just a temp job until My daughter was old enough to go to day care. I just the blockbuster lifers here by which i mean sar and the others, wont be emberessed when there at there kids (if they ever find a mate outside of there moms basement) have a carreer day and there forced to say they work at blockbuster, or they could just lie which is what im sure they do on the dating sites that there on.
Unread October 20th, 2006, 03:04 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via Yahoo to URBAN_COWBOY
Quote:
Everything I said was accurate, Yes i was a little vague on the details but thats because one of the people key to what happend checks this site to make sure no one in her store in the district bitches about anything.

And I wasnt complaining about research I just stated that the SM has been on here before.

The district I was in is in dire trouble because of crap wages we were paid and dealing with crap like contests with the only prize is to keep your job or not get written up. Im not saying that I expected anything for a contest but to be threatend with your job really isnt a good motivator. The girl that got me in so much trouble also managed to get 4 other people fired for equally bogus reasons.

The high and mighty 4 people that post here might look at this as a long term carreer but I looked at it as just a temp job until My daughter was old enough to go to day care. I just the blockbuster lifers here by which i mean sar and the others, wont be emberessed when there at there kids (if they ever find a mate outside of there moms basement) have a carreer day and there forced to say they work at blockbuster, or they could just lie which is what im sure they do on the dating sites that there on.
Holy spell-check Batman. No wonder you got your ass fired. The retarded 8 year old looks smarter than you right now.

Repeat after me:

SPELLCHECKER IS MY FRIEND, SPELLCHECKER IS MY FRIEND, SPELLCHECKER IS MY FRIEND.

"Girl, you're making me harder than chinese algebra."-Craig Shoemaker

Cowboy, I'm all yours Always have been, always will! -WrongHeaven

Royal Executioner
Unread October 20th, 2006, 03:07 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN_COWBOY View Post
Holy spell-check Batman. No wonder you got your ass fired. The retarded 8 year old looks smarter than you right now.

Repeat after me:

SPELLCHECKER IS MY FRIEND, SPELLCHECKER IS MY FRIEND, SPELLCHECKER IS MY FRIEND.
LMAO at that one cowboy!!!!
The top Poster!
Unread October 20th, 2006, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN_COWBOY View Post

Repeat after me:

Wow your right i didnt even see it, If I had only used spell check I could still be working at BBV. What the hell was I thinking?? Because everyone knows how much spelling is involved working there. Geez why couldnt you have told me earlier. I know what ill do, Ill go to my former DM and let her know that I now know to use spell check and Ill get that job back and really start making the big bucks. Maybe this time I can make $2 whole dollars an hour more than minimum wage. Thanks for your advice hick, Ill let you know what happens.