I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 26th, 2007, 06:27 PM

Another Rising Digg: Blockbuster Manager Curses Customer Who Refused Rewards Program

http://consumerist.com/consumer/no-m...ram-293535.php

Although there's no excuse for the cursing, I bet you anything they were renting 2 or 3 non-new releases
Unread August 26th, 2007, 06:45 PM
IHBB GOD

i love how its always blockbuster, dam bitch you had 1 very aggressive sales mgr, so what get over it and dont blame all blockbusters?
Unread August 26th, 2007, 06:45 PM
IHBB GOD

my bet would be its a manufactured story. The site it came from has a history on spewing garbage on every company it can.

For some its not about quality, just what drives the most post counts. This site would be the latter.
Unread August 26th, 2007, 08:53 PM
IHBB Freak

I had a previous manager who got into an argument with a customer over a thing of M&M's that did not have the updated barcode, instead of calling another store, he went ahead and told her he couldn't ring it up, she got really angry and disputed it with him, and he eventually told her to shut the hell up.
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread August 26th, 2007, 09:13 PM
IHBB GOD

I'd say it's pretty likely the story is exaggerated a bit. But then again, who really knows? Maybe the guy just finally let his thoughts go verbal on someone

And if this happens to be 100% true, I wouldn't blame the woman for taking it out on the company. That's just how people are. *shrug*
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread August 26th, 2007, 10:42 PM
IHBB Freak

If some asshole cursed at me, the last thing I'd do would be to continue with the transaction! Why didn't she say "Nevermind, keep your movies. I'm leaving."? She'd rather post about it later on the internet? Lame.

Half of me believes the story, due to personal experience (not as a participant, though!) The other half thinks it's bullshit... but it amused by threatening to call the BBB. I always like getting that threat. It usually always follows a discussion about restocking fees.
Unread August 27th, 2007, 07:50 AM
IHBB Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to videoslave23
I think it's exaggerateed, but mostly true. I kind of laughed when the MOD asked if she'd be renting another movie in the next year, because I used to use that line myself quite frequently. I can understand the MOD's frustration, if he truly believes the program will help the customer but yet the cust won't give him the time of day. I would have let it go, though, and waited until they came in on a Mon-Wed with non-new releases to push for the hard sell. Actually, with some of these people that previously didn't want to be bothered, I'd "give them the rewards for free" on a Mon-Wed.. If they had 3 or 4 movies and 2 were BSI, I'd just ring it up without even asking, just telling them that i was giving them this membership at no additional charge. I never got a protest when i did that.
Unread August 27th, 2007, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
If some asshole cursed at me, the last thing I'd do would be to continue with the transaction! Why didn't she say "Nevermind, keep your movies. I'm leaving."? She'd rather post about it later on the internet? Lame.

Half of me believes the story, due to personal experience (not as a participant, though!) The other half thinks it's bullshit... but it amused by threatening to call the BBB. I always like getting that threat. It usually always follows a discussion about restocking fees.
The reasons customers take this avenue is because they want some sort of freebies. They know if they raise a big enough stink, they will probably get a gift card or coupons or whatever. I agree it's ridiculous. If I ever get pissed at some store, I'll just take my business elsewhere, its that simple. But you have to remember, people are fucking lazy, and they would rather do a freebie-grab, than shop somewhere else.
Unread August 27th, 2007, 11:58 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air View Post
http://consumerist.com/consumer/no-m...ram-293535.php

Although there's no excuse for the cursing, I bet you anything they were renting 2 or 3 non-new releases

If it's mon-wed and they have atleast 2 non-new releases.. or more.. and anything off the New Release wall... they get rewards... I don't even ask them... just scan the rewards package... scan the movies.. scan the round non-new release coupon.. and give them the card.. and say.. today you get upgraded to rewards for free and I dont say shit about the free movies they got in the transaction.

Of course this might not work in all stores... our BSI rents around the same price as new releases. (almost 5 bucks)
Unread August 27th, 2007, 11:59 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoslave23 View Post
I think it's exaggerateed, but mostly true. I kind of laughed when the MOD asked if she'd be renting another movie in the next year, because I used to use that line myself quite frequently. I can understand the MOD's frustration, if he truly believes the program will help the customer but yet the cust won't give him the time of day. I would have let it go, though, and waited until they came in on a Mon-Wed with non-new releases to push for the hard sell. Actually, with some of these people that previously didn't want to be bothered, I'd "give them the rewards for free" on a Mon-Wed.. If they had 3 or 4 movies and 2 were BSI, I'd just ring it up without even asking, just telling them that i was giving them this membership at no additional charge. I never got a protest when i did that.
Yeah what he said! haha