I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 27th, 2009, 11:01 AM

Lightbulb so.. how is the pricing plan in your store set up {now}?

ours is pretty final

new releases
daily - $2 first night {which they pay}, $1 each additional night {afterwards}
5 days - $5, no additional fee

favorites
daily - $1 day
5 days - $4

games for 5 days, no additional fee
360, ps3, wii - $9
nds, ps2 - $6

autosales - 10 days after initial rental date,
10 days to return for full refund from asale date

been quite annoying with people still complaining and still not getting it, although its a decent pricing plan, but tbh i think we're killing ourselves being in the $1-2 market. and if we have to go through another price change and even more explaining..
Unread May 27th, 2009, 11:04 AM

"i thought you dont have late fees"

"welcome to 2009 ma'am, the worst decision in the history of american business not tied to enron or gm stopped a while ago"
Unread May 27th, 2009, 07:48 PM
IHBB GOD

perhaps they should've have just changed the price of new releases to the current 1.99/day scheme and kept everything else the same. having different pricing structures is annoying =/
Unread May 27th, 2009, 07:58 PM

its not $1.99, it's actually $2 here.
Unread May 27th, 2009, 08:05 PM

what we're doing isnt bad.. it's just that people don't get it either way and we've really brought out the cheap-skates and it's quite irritating.

you can do a $1 a day favorites.. someone has it for 2 days, has to pay the extra dollar afterwards.. and they'll complain this, that, how they hate the "new" policy.. when before they would've paid $4-5 for that same favorites title.. you can tell them they're paying --much-- less then before, and they still dont get it. that's the primary problem.

personally i would've never touched the $1 mark to bottom out.. $2 at worst.. $1 is just such a little amount to earn revenue for your stores.
Unread May 27th, 2009, 08:10 PM
IHBB GOD

It isn't that hard. Its A OR B! Customers are making it hard on themselves. ITs quite shocking =\ but its mostly 1-2% of our customers that do that. When its hard on the customers just give them examples like "are you best at returning movies? If not, choose 5days" or " Are you going to watch this movie tonight and drop it off tomorrow? then go with daily. If your a evil employee just hit 5days and not give them a choice

Also my prices around here are

New Releases/ Bluray
1day= $2.50
5day= $5

Bsi movies
1 day= $1
5days= $4

games= $9

Pass (1 out of a time) $22
Pass (2 out of a time) $35
Unread May 27th, 2009, 08:14 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy piven View Post
what we're doing isnt bad.. it's just that people don't get it either way and we've really brought out the cheap-skates and it's quite irritating.

you can do a $1 a day favorites.. someone has it for 2 days, has to pay the extra dollar afterwards.. and they'll complain this, that, how they hate the "new" policy.. when before they would've paid $4-5 for that same favorites title.. you can tell them they're paying --much-- less then before, and they still dont get it. that's the primary problem.

personally i would've never touched the $1 mark to bottom out.. $2 at worst.. $1 is just such a little amount to earn revenue for your stores.
A $1 is small but the customer would come back more often and bring more customers too because he/she would spread the word
Unread May 27th, 2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
A $1 is small but the customer would come back more often and bring more customers too because he/she would spread the word
IN THEORY

but of course thats not what actually happens 99% of the time.

that works for restaurants the most, and i know thats how blockbuster is thinking, which is just wrong.

then again.. mr. 7-11 wanted us to start carrying milk, hotdogs, pizza..

dont be surprised to see that anytime soon either!
Unread May 27th, 2009, 09:08 PM
IHBB GOD

But thats how we found out about Redbox lol. $1 rentals :P
Unread May 27th, 2009, 09:17 PM

.. it's like we dont get new customers anyway.. this store has been up for 15-20 years.. everyone in town already knows about it. those who care are still around, those who dont never were around in the first place. nobody is going to make the JOURNEY to blockbuster to rent a movie.

and redbox isnt even the originator.. back in my college years there was a machine that was the same exact thing.. just quite a bit bigger located next to the atm machine.. i dont know what it was called, some video vending machine service where you could see tons of the coverart on the front of it. i dont know who else had this, or knew/saw of something before this "redbox" domination. {and its not that great.............}