I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 22nd, 2011, 01:06 PM

Acknowledgement form threatening termination if we are caught on this site

So I just got informed that everyone @ my store must sign a form that says if we are caught on this website or websites similar and we are registered or saying any defamatory we will be terminated immediately... evidently free speech OUTSIDE Blockbuster is prohibited.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to munnman84 For This Useful Post:
djblade (May 22nd, 2011), Hot Head (May 22nd, 2011), Just Breathe 09 (May 22nd, 2011)
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 01:08 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnman84 View Post
So I just got informed that everyone @ my store must sign a form that says if we are caught on this website or websites similar and we are registered or saying any defamatory we will be terminated immediately... evidently free speech OUTSIDE Blockbuster is prohibited.
Thank you for posting that useful information. As you can tell Dish is upset by the users on this forum. I will give all users a reprieve of flaming for passing pertinent information about the company. If your a dickhead please post anything pertinant in this thread. As No one will flame you etc... Can anyone re-create this form(scanning etc.)
  • THEY HAVE TO UPDATE SOP OR BLUE BOOK

Anyways no one here will care unless you start posting personal information about other user's that the user doesn't want to share.

I will make a habit of sending you a pm if you get to personal and you work for company....Hopefully no one will quote personal information.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Last edited by Hot Head; May 22nd, 2011 at 01:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
Glass Half Empty (May 23rd, 2011)
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 01:36 PM

Wow I would suggest no one sign any form without a lawyer present, us coming here and talking about work shouldnt be a threat to anyone, we are just stating the facts of work day in and day out. What happened to "It will get better"? Sounds like its just getting worse
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just Breathe 09 For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (May 22nd, 2011), Hot Head (May 22nd, 2011)
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 01:42 PM
IHBB GOD

Here comes the moles Zooworker would know better than me.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 01:49 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Here comes the moles Zooworker would know better than me.
I only knew of one but he informed me their were several around, and I believe more are to come. And yes you already can't post certain info about BBI on this site without getting in trouble. I have warned many in the past about doing so. Also so many people put in their descriptions, their rank and location, not a good idea.
The top Poster!
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 01:51 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
I only knew of one but he informed me their were several around, and I believe more are to come. And yes you already can't post certain info about BBI on this site without getting in trouble. I have warned many in the past about doing so. Also so many people put in their descriptions, their rank and location, not a good idea.
This is why I will watch and pm person's for getting to personal.

Unread May 22nd, 2011, 02:02 PM

I have told my SM I refuse to sign the document
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to underemployed For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (May 22nd, 2011), djblade (May 22nd, 2011), Flantanella (May 22nd, 2011), Glass Half Empty (May 23rd, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (June 17th, 2011), Hot Head (May 22nd, 2011), omg_bbv (May 24th, 2011)
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 02:05 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by underemployed View Post
I have told my SM I refuse to sign the document
Pm me the conversation yea?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (May 22nd, 2011), djblade (May 22nd, 2011)
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 03:09 PM

I think the biggest problem was with the facebook postings from current employees. You can easily be identified, a warning was sent this weekend. If you are a current employee and really dislike working at blockbuster for whatever the reason, just be careful.
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 03:31 PM

What company policy is it breaking to dislike your job, out of curiosity?

Giving away company "secrets" (not that i think there are any really) is one thing, but you're allowed to complain about your job -- who doesnt?