I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 17th, 2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
and apparently now this company thinks it's ok for csrs to be scheduled to come in 1 hour before close to help close-leaving the manager alone until then. It gets dark early where I live and I think having any person male or female alone like that is totally not safe and just begging for some sort of lawsuit if someone gets seriously hurt all because Dish wants to save some money on labor.
No one is going to want to come in and work just over an hour for their shift let alone at night... I worked at Fam Vid and hated that most nights there was only one person to close which meant we left in a pitch dark parking lot alone, most of my shift leads were female, didn't matter to them, usually no one was there for at least the last two hours the store was open besides the one person closing
Unread November 17th, 2011, 02:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to Baby Firefly
When we were closing, they tried to cut labor more and more. We decided screw it. We blew the HELL out of payroll. What were they gonna do...fire us? @@
Unread November 17th, 2011, 03:25 PM

When my store closed early last year, they told me labor really didn't matter so I just scheduled what I needed. I am curious how they are gonna handle the closings coming up, really not looking forward to doing this a second time around.
Unread November 17th, 2011, 04:28 PM
IHBB Freak

Times like these are always fun in the grand state of CA, where we're all hourly.

Working an entire shift by myself costs the company MORE paying me 3 hours of missed breaks than it would cost to have a CSR come in for a four hour shift to cover said breaks. Plus a lot more gets done with two people.

Dish seems pretty fucking clueless when it comes to business in CA. They tried to screw us on insurance... They tried to screw us on PTO... Now they're trying to screw us in labor. But all of it is going to end up costing more. Clever!

Okay, I'll work 52 hours. Have fun paying me all that overtime. Especially the holiday overtime.

At least the customers are understanding. They get pissy, but they know it's corporate, not us, who's to blame.
inkedangel (November 17th, 2011)
Unread November 18th, 2011, 05:51 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
At least the customers are understanding. They get pissy, but they know it's corporate, not us, who's to blame.
I want to work there, having customers who understand is unbelievable
The top Poster!
The Following User Says Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (November 18th, 2011)
Unread November 19th, 2011, 01:11 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
I once wanted to be a SM, but saw all the bullshit they threw at them and changed my mind, stayed an ASM....
Ditto. Then I demoted myself to part-time CSR. Then I quit.
Unread December 6th, 2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
Understanding customers? Such people exist?
Unread December 6th, 2011, 07:14 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
SM are salary so they can't sue. If you are getting paid by the hour and work more than 40 hours, then yes! you will get overtime.
well the reverse is true too, Blockbuster can't eat their cake and have it too, if it can be proven that you are written up for working less then 40 hours, and required to work over 40, then Blockbuster has essentially made you "hourly", I would go to your local labor board and file a dispute.
Unread December 8th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Member formerly known as Lycanthor...

In case anyone is wondering... the labor cuts are to try to pay for all the retarded film reels and holiday box packaging.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuspectRoll For This Useful Post:
D Money (December 9th, 2011), inkedangel (December 9th, 2011)
Unread December 9th, 2011, 02:47 PM

Have hours been cut this much in the past? I'm fairly new (yeah I know I jumped on the wrong sinking ship, but it pays the bills... mostly) and was just wondering.