I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 23rd, 2012, 07:08 PM
IHBB GOD

Let the firing begin Part 2

------------------------News Update----------------------

My DTSM sent this out today (1/22/12) in Box Office, referencing how the DM's are getting severely cut and its up to the stores in our district to save our DM (Bob):

so......very surprising.,,,no one called or reached out to me...as to what you could do differently......guess you don't care if come Wednesday Bob is your boss or not.....how sad. No one called me or my store al all, and I had answers.. and so did they........but you already knew ....GET RESULTS.......some tried...some didn't.....no one achieved what they could have the most important time of all.....I am really disappointed in 584 for the most part....not all , but most....and you know who you are....it is written all over the DKP....THE entire CORP COMPANY SEES IT....Not just Bob...or you.....We as a company are going from 112 DMS TO 34....steve is allowed...at least 6 in 8 states........Do you think you saved BOB........? D o you think? I hope if you guessed yes you are right....otherwise....you will not survive under any other...I hope come Thursday, if you voted........you win.........and we all win.......it's all about going forward.....in all levels........do you see a winner? ...in every store, at every level......if so.......we all WIN...............L

--------------------------------------------------------End of DTSM------------------------------------------------------

The good the bad and the ugly ( The word on the streets, could be from a RDO/DM/LP/HR/)

Blockbuster cut a lot of people from DM and above has we all know...... So what happen about 60% people are gone. Each State will have now 1 DM. People on the RDO level will all be let go and will be replaced with fresh blood but there will be a little bit more RDO's since they will now have to cover like 9 states and +. Its going to be very hard too and the pay won't be to satisfying. HR and LP are out pretty much. They have been cut down to nothing. Pretty much 1 LP is responsible for 9 states and + and marketing person is also too responsible for 9 and +. Corporate just lost half their people.

They are changing their whole structure which is the smartest idea they could do. They will save millions of dollars! They are going down to 950 stores which are good about and are planing to open new locations in new areas which isn't new since we already know.

Another good news for Blockbuster is that the studios are realizing their "streaming ultra violent is a bust" They are coming back to Blockbuster and are willing to do share agreements. Talk about wow. Blockbuster now guns to force the studios to their terms! I never did like Ultra Violent =\ because I want the copy so i can put it on my ipad or other devices, not streaming version. Eventhough I could just ripp the dvd lol.

Also, our payouts are coming this week too (enter information for the payout.) (not for combo pass instinctive but for bundles)

Last edited by djblade; January 25th, 2012 at 01:30 PM.
Unread January 23rd, 2012, 08:35 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
------------------------News Update----------------------

My DTSM sent this out today (1/22/12) in Box Office, referencing how the DM's are getting severely cut and its up to the stores in our district to save our DM (Bob):

so......very surprising.,,,no one called or reached out to me...as to what you could do differently......guess you don't care if come Wednesday Bob is your boss or not.....how sad. No one called me or my store al all, and I had answers.. and so did they........but you already knew ....GET RESULTS.......some tried...some didn't.....no one achieved what they could have the most important time of all.....I am really disappointed in 584 for the most part....not all , but most....and you know who you are....it is written all over the DKP....THE entire CORP COMPANY SEES IT....Not just Bob...or you.....We as a company are going from 112 DMS TO 34....steve is allowed...at least 6 in 8 states........Do you think you saved BOB........? D o you think? I hope if you guessed yes you are right....otherwise....you will not survive under any other...I hope come Thursday, if you voted........you win.........and we all win.......it's all about going forward.....in all levels........do you see a winner? ...in every store, at every level......if so.......we all WIN...............L

--------------------------------------------------------

The good the bad and the ugly

Blockbuster cut a lot of people from DM and above has we all know...... So what happen about 60% people are gone. Each State will have now 1 DM. People on the RDO level will all be let go and will be replaced with fresh blood but there will be a little bit more RDO's since they will now have to cover like 9 states and +. Its going to be very hard too and the pay won't be to satisfying. HR and LP are out pretty much. They have been cut down to nothing. Pretty much 1 LP is responsible for 9 states and + and marketing person is also too responsible for 9 and +. Corporate just lost half their people.

They are changing their whole structure which is the smartest idea they could do. They will save millions of dollars! They are going down to 950 stores which are good about and are planing to open new locations in new areas which isn't new since we already know.

Another good news for Blockbuster is that the studios are realizing their "streaming ultra violent is a bust" They are coming back to Blockbuster and are willing to do share agreements. Talk about wow. Blockbuster now guns to force the studios to their terms! I never did like Ultra Violent =\ because I want the copy so i can put it on my ipad or other devices, not streaming version. Eventhough I could just ripp the dvd lol.

Also, our payouts are coming this week too (not for combo pass instinctive but for bundles)
Guy...there is NO WAY IN HELL that your DTSM sent this to you. Please tell me that you're joking...or better yet, please tell me that you're not joking.
Unread January 23rd, 2012, 08:42 PM
IHBB GOD

deleted you fucks

Last edited by KAWLIGA; January 23rd, 2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Because I posted it twice assholes...
Unread January 23rd, 2012, 09:00 PM

Are you kidding me DJBlade lol. So when is the Combo pass/TA payouts then?
Unread January 24th, 2012, 08:56 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Breathe 09 View Post
Are you kidding me DJBlade lol. So when is the Combo pass/TA payouts then?
Mid February
Unread January 24th, 2012, 08:56 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
Guy...there is NO WAY IN HELL that your DTSM sent this to you. Please tell me that you're joking...or better yet, please tell me that you're not joking.
By the end of the month, there will be no more DTSM! They will just go back to Store Mangers
Unread January 24th, 2012, 09:24 AM

They are such weasels....Blockbuster does everything so backwards. Why aren't they able to pay us?
Unread January 24th, 2012, 09:40 AM
IHBB GOD

i love blockbuster video yepppppppppppppppppp.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnlow71 For This Useful Post:
D Money (January 24th, 2012), djblade (January 24th, 2012)
Unread January 24th, 2012, 10:10 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlow71 View Post
i love blockbuster video yepppppppppppppppppp.
I hear closing stores don't get a payout but instead get a Blockbuster coffee mug
Unread January 24th, 2012, 01:31 PM

Box office had a task for SM's today to enter employee information (Name, POS ID # and DISH ID #) for the incentive payout. If it is like before I'm sure the "SIMPLE" instructions won't be followed correctly and alot of people won't be paid on time AGAIN!

How many times does employee information have to be entered for them to realize we DO still work there? You would think the fact that someone gets a paycheck still would be their first clue. JMHO.
The Following User Says Thank You to katiebell For This Useful Post:
Glass Half Empty (January 26th, 2012)