I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 5th, 2011, 06:06 PM

they do not care....

Costumers in general do not care if the outside ledges are dusty or not, if you call them by name, or how good your costumer service is, they care about onething LOW PRICES, you do not believe me i have two words for you RED BOX. No costumer service no name calling no clean ledges just a low ($1 a day) price. you would think the highers up would understand this that people want to pay as little as possible (just look at my pay check) but they do not not.
WHy do they think they are the only ones who want to pay as little as possible?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whineyboy For This Useful Post:
BBVSlave (January 8th, 2011), johnlow71 (January 6th, 2011), KateOTomato (January 7th, 2011)
Unread January 5th, 2011, 06:11 PM

cause they are retarded monkeys. nuff said
Unread January 5th, 2011, 06:41 PM

So true!! I had a lady come in tonight, she wanted 2 movies one of them was 4.99 she was talking to someone on the phone about how high our prices are when she can just go to red box and get it for $1.00. She then promptly handed me back the movie and said I'm sorry I can pay $1.00 at redbox. I told her I wasn't upset, it is what it is....people will go for the lower price guaranteed.

I had it all wrong, buying a bundle won't save a job. Who knew?
Unread January 5th, 2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM69 View Post
So true!! I had a lady come in tonight, she wanted 2 movies one of them was 4.99 she was talking to someone on the phone about how high our prices are when she can just go to red box and get it for $1.00. She then promptly handed me back the movie and said I'm sorry I can pay $1.00 at redbox. I told her I wasn't upset, it is what it is....people will go for the lower price guaranteed.
I hope the movie was one where we had the 28 window on.

I would love to see her face when she's looking for the movie and it says coming soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kreen-Akrore For This Useful Post:
BBVSlave (January 8th, 2011)
Unread January 5th, 2011, 09:13 PM
IHBB Freak

i agree I wish they would go to the choose your terms..

Just one observation though...the price changing on the rest of the store though, has made us take a huge hit in revenue...I think it is too late..
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread January 5th, 2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whineyboy View Post
Costumers in general do not care if the outside ledges are dusty or not, if you call them by name, or how good your costumer service is, they care about onething LOW PRICES, you do not believe me i have two words for you RED BOX. No costumer service no name calling no clean ledges just a low ($1 a day) price. you would think the highers up would understand this that people want to pay as little as possible (just look at my pay check) but they do not not.
WHy do they think they are the only ones who want to pay as little as possible?
Yes you are right. You forgot that they do care about a clean and organized store. They don't want to walk into a dirty store and for them or us to have a problem having the movie that they want. Witch gets me into the most important thing about a customer.........NEEDS AND WANTS!!!

Needs are the things we need to survive grocery stores are the perfect example they have food and medical needs for survival.

Wants are not important in life but make things more comfortable for people Blockbuster is the perfect example of this. Movies, video game, and candy are not needs for survival people want this stuff.

If they want to see a movie or play a game they are going to most likely try to get that product the cheapest way possible. That is why we have renting most people can't afford to buy games or movies so when they come to us they hope we have what they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreen-Akrore View Post
I hope the movie was one where we had the 28 window on.

I would love to see her face when she's looking for the movie and it says coming soon.
I really like when that happens I like telling them "I know what your saying but we have a 28 day window on that movie so where else are you going to rent it for $4.99 for 3 days?"
Unread January 5th, 2011, 09:42 PM
IHBB Freak

Actually, customer service is most people's number one priority. My customers come to my store because Redbox can't hold a conversation with them, can't recommend a lesser known gem, can't help them figure out the title of that one movie with the guy who was in that other movie. My customers are willing to pay a little extra to interact with a human being and get great customer service. Customer service also plays a huge role when there's some issue with their account, or a disc doesn't play. We can resolve that quicker than a machine and an 800 number can, and have a better chance of making things right for that customer.

People like to save money, but trust me, no amount of savings can make up for a great shopping experience.

And maybe this bit of catiness will negate the point I just made, but how hard is it to properly spell "customer"? Or are the people in the first post really craftsmen who produce garments for stage and/or film productions?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Propoxy For This Useful Post:
Big Dog (January 6th, 2011), johnlow71 (January 6th, 2011)
Unread January 5th, 2011, 10:56 PM
IHBB Freak

Yeah, cleanliness is important to a degree.

Who makes more money than Wal-Mart? And sorry to say, Wal-Mart, underneath the shelves, is dusty as hell. Not just dust bunnies, but dust behemoths. Yet, you can't even go to Wal-Mart at three in the morning without waiting until you age a year to check out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread January 5th, 2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
Actually, customer service is most people's number one priority. My customers come to my store because Redbox can't hold a conversation with them, can't recommend a lesser known gem, can't help them figure out the title of that one movie with the guy who was in that other movie. My customers are willing to pay a little extra to interact with a human being and get great customer service. Customer service also plays a huge role when there's some issue with their account, or a disc doesn't play. We can resolve that quicker than a machine and an 800 number can, and have a better chance of making things right for that customer.

People like to save money, but trust me, no amount of savings can make up for a great shopping experience.

And maybe this bit of catiness will negate the point I just made, but how hard is it to properly spell "customer"? Or are the people in the first post really craftsmen who produce garments for stage and/or film productions?
Honestly, this seems a little too presumptuous. I for one love going to redbox because there is no customer service. No one hassling me to buy a candy bundle or sign up for some program I don't care about. I don't need a membership card or be handed a coupon while browsing. FUCK THAT. I can read the synopsis for the movies on the screen. It takes 5 minutes and a couple bucks and I have a movie night.

If I'm going to Home Depot and I'm remodeling my bathroom I will probably need some customer service. Picking out movies? No. It's not worth overpaying for.

I don't think I'm alone in this regard.

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.

Last edited by itirnitii; January 5th, 2011 at 11:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to itirnitii For This Useful Post:
ASM69 (January 7th, 2011)
Unread January 6th, 2011, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itirnitii View Post

I don't think I'm alone in this regard.
Considering this is pretty much the business model of BBV's competitors, I'd have to agree with you. Netflix and Redbox banked on the idea that consumers wanted cheap entertainment and didn't need customer service representatives to help people make their selections. Considering their success, I'd say that's a pretty accurate statement.

Compare it to a movie theater. Nobody is standing around at the entrance of a theater asking you if you need any help making a selection. The first person you meet asks what movie you want to see and gives you a ticket for that movie. Or you can use the kiosk instead and buy your tickets online, never having to talk to anyone, save for maybe the guy who rips your ticket and tells you to enjoy your show.

Last edited by AdjectiveZord; January 6th, 2011 at 12:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AdjectiveZord For This Useful Post:
itirnitii (January 6th, 2011)