I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 5th, 2009, 06:45 PM

Conan O'brien did a joke about ths last night.... He said the since the stabbing occurred at a Blockbuster there were no witnesses.... Andy Richter then mentioned Netflix as a reasone why Blockbusters are empty. Then Conan goes on to ask the producer if BBV pays for ads to which he replies "yes." Then Conan mockingly apologizes for making fun of BBV.

Funny that a Netflx commercial played during the next commercial break.
Unread November 5th, 2009, 07:24 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny View Post
And for the record, I in fact did list the good ideas BBV had (since you're big on sending people to look at old posts, feel free to look at mine.)
Post them again please...and tell us again how good they are.
Unread November 6th, 2009, 07:58 PM

that sounds like something my old ASM would do, total douche with a gay ass grizzly adams beard
Unread November 7th, 2009, 11:50 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
(Angry?...no..."Just a little pissed?"...well..yea...but that's just me.)
Maybe you need to change your diaper then............
The top Poster!
Unread November 7th, 2009, 05:06 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
Post them again please...and tell us again how good they are.
I will and would if they'd be taken for what they're worth, rather than an excuse for you to troll bait me.

Blockbuster took the idea of movie rentals and turned it into a viable, multinational business. What more do you really need? Redbox is nice, sure. Netflix is nice too, sure. But it's not originality on their part. Everyone's seen the Schwans truck pull up in their neighborhood, yet no one accuses them of ripping off supermarkets, even though they do effectively the same thing: Offer you food. Food through different avenues.

Redbox and Netflix offer the same old thing: Movie rentals, only through a different avenue. This might make several of you who seem to think I'm pro Blockbuster all the way, but there IS a usefulness with Redbox and Netflix, and that usefulness is competition. Do you think movie rentals would be a dollar at ALL if Redbox didn't have two other competitors, not counting local mom and pops? Sure, Redbox says consumers have the right to cheap rentals, but how much would you like to bet that they forget about that right REAL fucking quick if BBV and Netflix disappeared tomorrow?

That's my main beef with Redbox: They portend to be a by the guys, for the guys set-up strictly to make themselves look like the good ol' underdog. When BBV disappears and they turn their sights to Netflix and take it down, watch the blue collar turn into green money signs.

Despite your trolling, Kaw, I actually agree with some of your issues. BBV is more expensive than Redbox? Well, it's brick and mortar-- people actually work there and need to get paid. They offer goofy shit like pickles? Why not? People buy it. If gas stations can diversify, why not a video store?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread November 7th, 2009, 06:04 PM
IHBB GOD

Cool

Quote:
I will and would if they'd be taken for what they're worth, rather than an excuse for you to troll bait me.

Blockbuster took the idea of movie rentals and turned it into a viable, multinational business. What more do you really need? Redbox is nice, sure. Netflix is nice too, sure. But it's not originality on their part. Everyone's seen the Schwans truck pull up in their neighborhood, yet no one accuses them of ripping off supermarkets, even though they do effectively the same thing: Offer you food. Food through different avenues.

Redbox and Netflix offer the same old thing: Movie rentals, only through a different avenue. This might make several of you who seem to think I'm pro Blockbuster all the way, but there IS a usefulness with Redbox and Netflix, and that usefulness is competition. Do you think movie rentals would be a dollar at ALL if Redbox didn't have two other competitors, not counting local mom and pops? Sure, Redbox says consumers have the right to cheap rentals, but how much would you like to bet that they forget about that right REAL fucking quick if BBV and Netflix disappeared tomorrow?

That's my main beef with Redbox: They portend to be a by the guys, for the guys set-up strictly to make themselves look like the good ol' underdog. When BBV disappears and they turn their sights to Netflix and take it down, watch the blue collar turn into green money signs.

Despite your trolling, Kaw, I actually agree with some of your issues. BBV is more expensive than Redbox? Well, it's brick and mortar-- people actually work there and need to get paid. They offer goofy shit like pickles? Why not? People buy it. If gas stations can diversify, why not a video store?
uuummm...are you serious?...and exactly who is "troll and bating" who?
I've been here...you follow.
Just like BB.
Unread November 7th, 2009, 06:40 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Actually, they're already raising prices:

http://www.insideredbox.com/redbox-b...rental-prices/

Dollars rentals will never last no matter how much the millions of cheapos out there want them to. It's not a realistic business model.

Unread November 8th, 2009, 06:04 PM
IHBB GOD

and BB employees are stabbing themselves just so they don't have to work there.
Unread November 8th, 2009, 06:10 PM
IHBB Freak

when they should be stabbing kaw
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread November 9th, 2009, 03:49 AM

LMFAO. I would cut myself also if my boss had to base my hours on my "numbers."