I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 23rd, 2010, 10:13 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhohbusted69 View Post
Zoo you are taking money every month for doing nothing at all. I would return a product and exchange it for another. Give and take. You just take. And again I DON'T do this now since I have money and don't need to. I was suggesting ideas for you. Don't like them? Don't take them. But don't attack someone for trying to help. That pissed me off. And oh yeah, fuck you too.
Aww, did I hurt your feelings? Poor thing............and I don't mind the money, at least it's not stealing and trying to help by telling people how to rip off a store is just wrong. You know when you pay taxes for many years it's nice to know it can come back to you in a helpful way. Don't worry because you are not in my state and BBI has to pay for some of it. So just relax and keep ripping off the stores and you will be OK.....
The top Poster!
Unread June 23rd, 2010, 10:20 PM

I hate wal-mart so uhohbusted69 good job!! Wal-mart pays their employees as little as they can and they make millions in profits that just go to the Walton family. They refuse to give their employees 40 hours a week and over time so they can save on not giving them insurance benefits. They also tried to get their employees to vote against Democrats Wal-mart sucks.

Anyway yea on this site they will go on forever if you don't stop talking about ripping of some company. I had to learn that the hard way because I used coupons the wrong way at BBV two years ago to get sales and posted on here what I was doing and they would not get off my case about it.

But ha ha I still work for Blockbuster 2 years later.

Last edited by djsdojo; June 23rd, 2010 at 10:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to djsdojo For This Useful Post:
uhohbusted69 (June 23rd, 2010)
Unread June 24th, 2010, 12:58 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhohbusted69 View Post
To all you haters(zoo, Danny) I never said it was right or wrong, I just said it worked. I also said I don't do it, but I have back when I was struggling. They don't give u a refund, just credit for something else, so it isn't stealing, more like trading. So fuck you bitches for attacking me for offering advice to you jobless fucks who are struggling. You could sell the shit on eBay then, or starve for all I care. It's dog eat dog in this world we live in, and I'm gonna eat.
I'm going to address this post, and this post only, because you appeared to be an idiot in this one, but proved it after this.

First off, you fucking idiot, I don't want to hear a thing about survival. If you're bitching about survival in a college student's perspective, what's the worst you have to deal with? Working ten hours a week at Blockbuster to afford ramen noodles? Presumably, you've got parents, and unless your parents are also the types who left you to be babysat by the television and play with forks around exposed electrical sockets, they'd probably help or bail your stupid ass out. Not me. When I was forced out of BBV, I had just bought a car. And a house, for me and (this is important) my wife and three year old son to live in. In other words, before buying a house and a car, I could've taken the hit, no biggie. But me being let go happened almost immediately after that. Now, tell me about survival when you've got this on your plate:

-you pay your own way. No parental support.
-you have a family, one member of which is a three year old kid
-in the current economy, jobs are increasingly harder to find, and people who used to run department stores are struggling for CSR jobs. What chance does a former ASM have against, say, a DM who's applying for the same job?
-given the economy, selling my house isn't an option--who'd buy it?

Now, tell ME about being picky about survival when you've got a lot more than a useless degree in philosophy or something riding on the line.

Secondly, don't you dare attempt calling me a hypocrite. Listen up, and listen well, shitstain:
A- your tax money doesn't pay unemployment. Your former employer does. Why do you think BBV doesn't lay people off, but fires them instead?
B- I was denied unemployment. So it's irrelevant anyway, but if I had the misfortune of living in the same state as a shitsucker like yourself, I wasn't getting any of your tax money anyway
C- if you are giving survival tips, it suggests that you are in a position to need to follow them. You are poor, in other words. Well, here's where the math doesn't add up-- POOR PEOPLE PAY JACK SHIT IN TAXES. If I'd have gotten unemployment, and it WAS tax funded, how much of your money would you have given? Three fucking bucks? Now which is more morally reprehensible-- the federal government charging you three simple fucking dollars in taxes you're going to have to pay anyway in some shape and form, or returning items where they don't belong to get money that wasn't exchanged for it, only to pocket it and spend it like you're entitled to it?
D- I've had one job or another in some capacity for over ten years. This means I've been paying taxes. If unemployment were tax based, do you REALLY think I'm getting money for nothing? No, dipshit. I paid ten years' worth into it. The fact that I only needed two months' worth back only means, technically, that I should still be able to coast on the other nine years and ten months' worth of money I put into it. Is it taking your money? Maybe, but it's far more likely I'd just have been taking out money I MYSELF had already put into it years earlier. But who's to say, if you weren't in college, that your student loan wasn't taken somehow out of MY FUCKING TAX MONEY? Now who's the hypocrite? Think before you speak, you helmet headed asstard.

Thirdly, have you even read or lurked on this fucking board before you opened your cockholster of a smelly oral opening on it? You'll notice that, aside from an insufferable asswit I actually agree with now but still find it fun to dump on, this board consists of rule-obeying former BBV employees. To the point where, if some CSR bragged about stealing field destroys, the board collectively assjammed that poor sap until his asshole was the circumference of a hallway. In other words, we do honest things to make an honest living. Did you think you were going to post about abusing some store's return policy and NOT get slapped upside the head for it? Did you think you were going to come onto a board of policy-following retail management, tell your story of thievery and fraud, and get a fucking pat on the back for it?

Or, to make this entire post simple, are you just that fucking stupid? If so, congratulations! Maybe the reason you're starving is because you're too fucking stupid to find a career choice that doesn't involve the phrase "Would you like to supersize that?" or sit behind the genius kid who's test you can cheat off of. Get over yourself, and don't drop the soap when Wal-Mart's loss prevention catches on to your shit and sends your ass packing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.

Last edited by deathbydanny; June 24th, 2010 at 01:05 AM.
Unread June 24th, 2010, 01:31 AM

Sounds like your gonna be jobless AND homeless! Your life sucks. Just keep venting on online boards about how morally strong you are to people just trying to help another out. That will put a roof over your families head!

.. And for the record no mom and dad in my life to help me either. I'm sure yours were though. I do it all on my own, and I always have. So fuck you.
Unread June 24th, 2010, 09:59 AM

A lot of good advice here. I got the boot about 3 months ago.

I'm persoanlly very fortunate in that I saw this coming a LONG time ago and adjusted my personal financial plan accordingly.

Between savings and unemployment, I'll be able to survive for the next 3 years without a job. I'm also fortunate enough to be married to a very understanding wife who has a very good job with excellent medical benefits.

The company is going to get smaller and smaller. It's the death spiral. It's not a question of IF you're going to lose your job, it's when. Act accordingly.
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. -Richard Dawkins from The God Delusion

SPAY AND / OR NEUTER YOUR ANIMALS: Please watch this...
Clicky
Unread June 24th, 2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdown View Post
The company is going to get smaller and smaller. It's the death spiral. It's not a question of IF you're going to lose your job, it's when. Act accordingly.
I know I'm not the only one, but I hope it's sooner rather than later. The only reason I haven't quit yet is so when my store does go under I can collect unemployment while I look for another job.
Unread June 24th, 2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by empbal View Post
I know I'm not the only one, but I hope it's sooner rather than later. The only reason I haven't quit yet is so when my store does go under I can collect unemployment while I look for another job.
Yep...I know a LOT of people in the same boat. For me, I made the decision to simply walk away after almost 9 years with the company, all of it as a store manager. I was still able to collect unemployment because my former DM is VERY stupid and wrote some things on a store visit sheet that I was able to show created a "hostile work environment". I filed and it was granted. They didn't even fight it after I had a relative who is an attorney send a letter stating that if they didn't contest unemloyment that he wouldn't sue them.

Of course, I know that my situation is somewhat different than most and I really feel for those who are solely relying on BBV as their means of survival. Which is the biggest reason I would tell anyone prepare NOW and do everything you can do divorce your financial well being from BBV as soon as possible.
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. -Richard Dawkins from The God Delusion

Clicky
Unread June 24th, 2010, 12:07 PM
IHBB GOD

I have some money saved, for when BBV goes under - so that I won't be hurting till I find another job. I am also going back to school so that I won't have to work retail for life...

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread June 24th, 2010, 02:45 PM

Well if you work for a busy BBV you have nothing to fear the store should be open for a few more years, if your store is a ghost town you better start looking for a new store to get into or looking for a new job. BBV is not going to mass close all stores worldwide like everyone is thinking they will.
Unread June 24th, 2010, 04:00 PM

Not quite. The volume of the store may not have anything to do with the profitability depending on the overhead. If they file for chapter 11 (which is still likely considering their cash position), they could indeed close stores en masse. The only reason some stores are open now is because it would be too expensive to buy the lease out. In a chapter 11, they could get out of the lease. The store I was running closed about 2 months after I left and it was the busiest in the district...but the overhead was so high that it wasn't profitable. Before making plans on your store being around for a few years, take a close look at the SPR and closely examine the bottom line. If it's not at least $40k or so in the black, they may very well close it.

The company knows that revenues are declining in the stores and just because the store is profitable now doesn't mean that it will be for the remainder of it's lease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsdojo View Post
Well if you work for a busy BBV you have nothing to fear the store should be open for a few more years, if your store is a ghost town you better start looking for a new store to get into or looking for a new job. BBV is not going to mass close all stores worldwide like everyone is thinking they will.

Clicky