I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

View Poll Results: Do i have grounds for a wrongful termination suit (friend of the family is a lawyer)?
yes 1 5.26%
no 18 94.74%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Unread October 25th, 2009, 10:49 PM
IHBB Freak

I don't want to hear anything concerning corporate bitches when you've pimped Redbox so horrendously, you'd swear they had stock in your anal virginity. Which is ironic, considering you'd have lost your actual virginity had you found a hooker willing to accept pogs and an Applebee's giftcard as payment, or so I figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread October 26th, 2009, 07:11 PM

hmm..availability is tricky. I have 2 managers besides myself, 1 full time assistant and 1 full time shift leader. If my shift leader dropped down to 2 days a week, I'd have to let her go and hire someone who could work full time. I do not have the staff to work with someone who works 2 days a week.

So, i think it depends what the staffing module is in your store as to whether or not it was justified to fire you. But, like i said, 2 days a week is not sufficient from an MOD.
Unread October 26th, 2009, 07:18 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondSM View Post
hmm..availability is tricky. I have 2 managers besides myself, 1 full time assistant and 1 full time shift leader. If my shift leader dropped down to 2 days a week, I'd have to let her go and hire someone who could work full time. I do not have the staff to work with someone who works 2 days a week.

So, i think it depends what the staffing module is in your store as to whether or not it was justified to fire you. But, like i said, 2 days a week is not sufficient from an MOD.
Or couldn't you do is hire another manager and make him take more hours and still maintain good management
Unread October 26th, 2009, 07:21 PM

i am not allowed to have another manager at my store. I'm allowed 1 full time SL and 1 full time ASM. or at least that is my demanded staffing model.
Unread October 26th, 2009, 07:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to CarnorJax27069
Man that really bites big time. I am so sorry to hear about you being let go. Sadly, there isn't anything you can do about it. Most states are at will states. Meaning, we can leave without reason or notice. Likewise, they can terminate us without prejudice or notice.

People tend to forget this is a business. Everyone wants everyone else to do this, or schedule around that to meet their needs. What people forget is that times are getting tougher and tougher all the time. We have many employees working for us. The vast majority of them want as many hours as they can get.

Sadly, sometimes when we have a team member reduce their availability it just isn't feasible for us to keep them on the schedule anymore. It can be for a variety of reasons. They can only work these days, or they can only work certain hours just to name a few. So it can be that it isn't in the companies interest to deal with these issues. There are so many others wanting hours that by scheduling the one employee a day or two a week it is actually taking away hours from others.

It bites I know. But sometimes business is business.

I just can't understand why you would have went back in after walking home. If they were getting rid of me, I would be gone. I would have told the manager to listen better to the D.M. next time, lol.
2. I count my chickens before they're hatched---
3. I have been known to judge a book by it's cover---
So as you can tell, I have a few bad habits...
and oh yeah....
I dont wash my hands , and I play with my toys in the toilet..
Unread October 27th, 2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
i am not allowed to have another manager at my store. I'm allowed 1 full time SL and 1 full time ASM. or at least that is my demanded staffing model.
Isn't it the equivalent of a full time SL? Which could be two part time SL's, right? At least that's how my staffing model is.
Unread October 27th, 2009, 01:50 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Why don't you trade the full time SL, for 2 part time? Actually I have never seen a full time SL, every store I know of is 1 ASm and 2 part time SL.
The top Poster!
Unread October 27th, 2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Why don't you trade the full time SL, for 2 part time? Actually I have never seen a full time SL, every store I know of is 1 ASm and 2 part time SL.
Never seen a full time SL? In your time with the company? I used to work at a store with two full time ASMs and a full time SL.
Unread October 27th, 2009, 06:00 PM

since i have a full time SL, i definitely cannot have a part time SL in addition to. I'm sure i could squeeze by with 2 part time SL's, but to be honest, i like having a full time SL instead. instead of splitting the week, he/she gets 39 hours a week and because of that is a huge asset to my team. Not saying that a part time SL is not an asset, but i find that full time employees perform at a somewhat "different" level.
Unread October 27th, 2009, 07:41 PM
IHBB Freak

Technically, SLs, even at 35+ hours a week, are still technically part time. I don't mean to argue, it's BBV's logic, not, you know, actual logic, but if you hold a position lower than ASM, you're part time in BBV's eyes. One just needs to look at their laughable benefits package to see that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.