I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread October 13th, 2010, 04:50 PM

Poor Service?

I want to know what you guys think of this situation especially anyone in management because I dont understand why this customer said I gave him unsatisfactory service after returning a purchase he made with me. This older man came in and he was looking for two movies and he thought they were available in the PRP category but they werent and only available new to buy and I explained all that to him, now he had gotten a phone call and I went to go grab his purchase and everything seemed fine until about two hours later he came back to say I gave him poor service and I was standing there when he said this to my boss but my boss didnt want to make me feel weird and say anything really so he just gave him his money back. Now I feel really bad about this because I feel like this customer wanted me to stand there and wait for him to get off the phone but were not supposed to do that because isnt that not the "blockbuster way".
Unread October 13th, 2010, 05:09 PM

Doesn't look like you did anything wrong. Was he using this as an excuse to get a refund? Even though they would have gotten a refund anyway, many people think they have to come up with an excuse or we won't give them the refund. Maybe he thought saying bad customer service was going to convince the MOD to refund him.

And some people just like to complain.
Unread October 13th, 2010, 05:44 PM

Fuck the customer. Why do you feel bad about those assholes?
Unread October 13th, 2010, 06:00 PM
IHBB GOD

Once someone starts talking on their phone, your obligation to them has ended.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread October 13th, 2010, 06:08 PM
IHBB Freak

Asshole customer used the term "poor service" in order to raise the chances to get his money back.

I'll never forget the asshole that was on his phone during the checkout transaction in which I proceeded to try to upsale EVERYTHING in the store to him in a very loud voice. halfway through he said the best line ever: "this kid thinks I can talk to two people at once." I love it. No sir, you think you can talk to two people at once. I continued being as obnoxious as possible.

I think, sales behavior, is also a part of this customer service thing we have to look for. I've been doing everything to the book, with a smile for the last few weeks, but my numbers have not been impressive at all. My ASM tells me that its time for our talk, and we'll be talking about my attitude. I know for a fact that I have a great attitude and she's gonna talk about what she thinks I'm doing but not seeing.

I gotta say I'm the biggest bullshitter in terms of faith in this company and my goals. I have the most deniable plausibility in terms of the things I have said to my coworkers about what I want out of my shifts.

To bring it all together, customer service, sales behavior, and attitude. These are the things that are to be discussed in terms of not meeting goals and stuff. These are the things to be discussed in terms of reason to fire us. I'd count down the days but I don't get enough hours. I'm counting down the hours until they are forced to fire me for bullshit reasons while I defend myself with my bullshit excuses. The realness and sincerity has left us a while ago. We are in the business of bullshitting. We bullshitting our customers with these damn coupons for different combinations of 3 for $3, we're bullshitting eachother with face to faces for not meeting goals, we're bullshitting ourselves by even trying to make it through our next shifts.

I've never cussed so much outside of these last few months. In fact I pretty much don't cuss at all. I've only cussed when talking about blockbuster.
abhorrent scowl (October 14th, 2010), AdjectiveZord (October 13th, 2010), djblade (October 13th, 2010), farmface (October 13th, 2010), sparklez631 (October 14th, 2010)
Unread October 13th, 2010, 06:20 PM

this is typical. More often than not its the customer that gives us the poor service! Don't even worry about it. Its just plain disrespect and rudeness. Especially if your giving due dates I will comment the account, "cust was on phone, wasn't paying attention to me" and the look they give us, like were bothering THEM.

I had it all wrong, buying a bundle won't save a job. Who knew?
Unread October 13th, 2010, 06:34 PM

I don't see the "poor service" myself. I do the same thing at the retail job I work now, I disengage from the customer if they are on the phone. If they need further assistance they can come get me or another co-worker.
Unread October 13th, 2010, 06:38 PM

Yeah don't sweat it at all. The dude is just a massive asshole and unless your boss is too it won't go any further.
Unread October 13th, 2010, 06:56 PM

So In his mind I was supposed to stand there while he talked to his daughter on the phone because my job is to listen to his personal business that has ZERO to do with me, My boss was like dont worry about it but see I felt bad because the customer was talking about me in front of my face and I didnt know what to say so I stayed quiet
Unread October 13th, 2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Breathe 09 View Post
So In his mind I was supposed to stand there while he talked to his daughter on the phone because my job is to listen to his personal business that has ZERO to do with me, My boss was like dont worry about it but see I felt bad because the customer was talking about me in front of my face and I didnt know what to say so I stayed quiet
I probably would have walked away myself, if I would have heard a customer talking to my boss about me over something that ridiculous, I would have "educated" the customer about the situation. You didn't do anything wrong though, you should just let it go. BS like this happens all the time in retail, you can't let it get you down.