I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > News

Unread May 24th, 2008, 08:08 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
Congrats to cowboywayne for bringing up abortion and hence tossing a live grenade into the forum discussion.
This is a discussion?
Unread May 24th, 2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Congrats to cowboywayne for bringing up abortion and hence tossing a live grenade into the forum discussion.
and...............
Unread May 24th, 2008, 09:24 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Maybe you were out during the time that Lomi posted the "Election '08 (USA)" but the abortion topic/08 political candidates and their positions on such topic has been tossed out on this forum before. Not like this is a new topic. Hell, I even mentioned myself that Roe v. Wade and abortion rights are a major decider for me when casting my vote. And, I'll state it again...I personally do not believe in abortion - for ME. BUT, I'll be damned if I'll vote for somebody who wants to tell your mom, your sister, your girlfriend that they can't have one. They should have that right.

Congrats to YOU for being so open minded as to allow somebody to post their opinion without being smarmy about it. And, congrats to you again. I actually wouldn't have posted my opinions on abortion again had you not made your comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk237 View Post
This is a discussion?
i didn't think so...i thought it was CBW posting a comment about mccain.

TURTLE IS A WELL KNOWN, WELL RESPECTED, AND MUCH LIKED CONTRIBUTER TO THESE FORUMS AND SHOULD BE PROMOTED TO ROYAL STATUS ASAP.
Thanks to the Royal Sugar Pants from the Royal Ninja Tortoise!!

Royal Ninja Turtle...aka the Royal Tortoise
Unread May 24th, 2008, 09:25 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecowboywayne View Post
and...............
and...damn you for voicing your opinion on a topic that has already been discussed in another thread!!! you live grenade thrower you!

TURTLE IS A WELL KNOWN, WELL RESPECTED, AND MUCH LIKED CONTRIBUTER TO THESE FORUMS AND SHOULD BE PROMOTED TO ROYAL STATUS ASAP.
Thanks to the Royal Sugar Pants from the Royal Ninja Tortoise!!

Royal Ninja Turtle...aka the Royal Tortoise
Unread May 24th, 2008, 09:32 AM
IHBB GOD

I dont mind grenades in forum myself. Every one has opinions but a ignorance leads us to believe our own is the only right one. I have many of my own opinions but and even one on RvW which is solidly in 1 direction. I also am solidly in 1 direction on the cloning issue, including the with humans issue. But.......I also know there are millions with me and millions against. I dont discount those against me I just dont agree but I do understand many of their points I just dont agree.

Politics seem to make some uneasy and they tend to avoid the discussion. I have several friends and business partners who 100% refuse to comment or discuss anything in regards to elections or issues. I figure its because they made a comment somewhere or to someone and they just got slammed because someone didnt agree with there opinion. Thus they decided to just shut up. If you shut up someone because they dont agree with you, shame on you.
Unread May 24th, 2008, 01:11 PM
IHBB GOD

Fair enough. Though the original comment "oh btw, McCain wants to criminalize abortion" is superfluous. McCain's a Republican, and virtually all Republicans feel that way, albeit with varying degrees of severity and priority. I take that issue for granted along with things like taxes, guns and gays, and would be more impressed with something along the lines of "oh btw, McCain wants to dye everyone's hair blue."
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread May 24th, 2008, 01:42 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecowboywayne View Post
No no, a bit harsh would be accusing you of being the cumstain your mom forgot to wipe up after pulling a trian...

McCain, as with a majority of puritanical-ultra conservative pissant republicans who base their idea of what's best for the people of the US on some archaic dogma told to primitive man several thousand years ago to keep the savage fuckers from destroying themselves, believes that the US government has a right to tell us all what we can and cannot do with our personal bodies.
I really don't want some blind, decrepit old fucker taking us into MORE armed conflicts based on the idea that the invisible man he believes in is better than the invisible man others in the world believe in.

Sorry if I have offended anyone, but where are the appologies for the bible bangers offending me?
Say what you want about the bible bangers but take it easy on the rest of us. I happen to be Quaker.

That said, I think everyone professing to be a "Christian" should pay more attention to where the bible says it's not our job to judge each other - which to me translates as it's not our job to legislate morality. Everyone should be free to act according to their own beliefs and opinions, and be responsible to live by the consequences of such, as long is it does not cause obvious harm to others. Then again, I am a "small l" libertarian.

To me there's also a clear biblical message that we are to walk the walk and be a good example rather than beating people over the heads with bibles or invading their privacy and their own personal opinions. I, personally, believe the best thing a Christan can do is shut the fuck up. But I think that's just me.

And FYI to the bible bangers out there - there's nothing in the bible about abortion, it wasn't around yet. So I'm sick of hearing people say they know what God's opinion is on the matter based on their own interpretation of ancient text, the rules expressed in which were each given for a specific purpose that was applicable to that society and that time. Nobody knows - they can only make an educated guess and the educated guess of one individual may differ from another.
Unread May 24th, 2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonBitch View Post
Say what you want about the bible bangers but take it easy on the rest of us. I happen to be Quaker.

Then again, I am a "small l" libertarian.

To me there's also a clear biblical message that we are to walk the walk and be a good example rather than beating people over the heads with bibles or invading their privacy and their own personal opinions. I, personally, believe the best thing a Christan can do is shut the fuck up. But I think that's just me.

And FYI to the bible bangers out there - there's nothing in the bible about abortion, it wasn't around yet. So I'm sick of hearing people say they know what God's opinion is on the matter based on their own interpretation of ancient text, the rules expressed in which were each given for a specific purpose that was applicable to that society and that time. Nobody knows - they can only make an educated guess and the educated guess of one individual may differ from another.

Well put.
Look, I tend to live in the belief that everyone must follow thier own path. I have been a student of cultural anthropology and with the upbringing my archaeologist grandfather and scientist/anthropologist grandmother gave me, I have been a student in theology from lot's of cultures. That being said, I think the original idea was this;
Man needs laws. We need some form of pecking order in society and a structure in which to follow. The simple tenets of faith from most cultures are these;
Don't murder others, Don't rape or steal. Be truthful. And in all, lead what YOU beleive to be a good life, based on what you believe your God or Deity asks of you.
I think that if I go through my life and try to accept others for who they are, not who I think they should be; when I reach the end of my journey, I am pretty sure I'll be okay.

As for those who pretend to know what God is thinking, and then try to enforce their ideals on others (not all republucans BTW, just the vocal minority) I feel greatly sorry for them.
To quote my personal favorite biblical text, "Let He without sin, cast the first stone." I may not always think things through, but I always try to choose the right.
Unread May 24th, 2008, 05:38 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonBitch View Post
there's nothing in the bible about abortion, it wasn't around yet.
It's true that the Bible never addresses the act (and in fact it implies that life begins at birth), but abortions have been performed for thousands of years.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread May 24th, 2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
It's true that the Bible never addresses the act (and in fact it implies that life begins at birth), but abortions have been performed for thousands of years.
in Jabuti Africa, there is a family heirloom handed down to the females of each tribe. It's a long ornately decorated slender stick...(i'm sure i don't need to elaborate) There if anthropological proof that they have been practicing this for several thousand years, and most of the aforementioned tribes have no knowledge of the Bible or Jesus.