I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 23rd, 2010, 08:16 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
That makes no sense why would you use a command of oracle(sql) to (select) ALL in the table?

Let me use it for you.

select *
from shut your mouth
Sense, none it made.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ninja For This Useful Post:
sar94pga (November 23rd, 2010)
Unread November 23rd, 2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
i just wished they said $2.99. i don't get why they feel the need to use shenanigans.
Real Question here..

I see retailers doing this all the time by putting the lowest price on the signs. Do you think it would be a better marketing message to say Thousands of movies for $2.99? I will pass on the feedback.

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE
The Following User Says Thank You to Blockbusterstore482 For This Useful Post:
Big Dog (November 24th, 2010)
Unread November 23rd, 2010, 08:42 PM

yes. I think "thousands of movies, only 2.99!" would be better advertising than saying "New Low Price, (as low as) 99 cents!" but then the customer walks in and there is only a handful of 99 cent titles, none of them which are very good. (with the exception of the 24 series being 99 cents). I do however think there should be more advertising about kids movies being 99 cents.

I also thought we should have had a window decal that had some kind of "black friday specials!"...so people know we have specials running who maybe werent planning on stopping into Big Blue on black friday.
Unread November 23rd, 2010, 08:57 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondSM View Post
yes. I think "thousands of movies, only 2.99!" would be better advertising than saying "New Low Price, (as low as) 99 cents!" but then the customer walks in and there is only a handful of 99 cent titles, none of them which are very good. (with the exception of the 24 series being 99 cents). I do however think there should be more advertising about kids movies being 99 cents.

I also thought we should have had a window decal that had some kind of "black friday specials!"...so people know we have specials running who maybe werent planning on stopping into Big Blue on black friday.
i agree about the kids/family movies. When they were .99 cents all summer a few summers ago, then they went back to the regular price, that upset a lot of customers. I think it would be a great selling point. Especially because the kids are off from school and whatnot. And you can't get the old disney movies or nickelodeon discs out of either of the rental machines.
Unread November 23rd, 2010, 08:59 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondSM View Post
BBI has a a special? or the same ol same old thing
The top Poster!
Unread November 23rd, 2010, 09:00 PM
IHBB GOD

i know they are running 3 for 20 and a few other things. which i will be partaking in.
Unread November 23rd, 2010, 09:01 PM

actually zoo....we have some reallllly good prices on Bluray DVD's (new and used), and a bin of decent 3.99 new retail movies as well. It's nothing worth waiting outside the store for, but it's not bad. Plus the 3 and 5 for 20 sale is always good in my book.
Unread November 23rd, 2010, 10:22 PM
IHBB GOD

there are even some brand new retail going down from 19.99 to as low as 9.99.

omg did i just say 'as low as'? DAMN! lol

and yes, BBSTORE482, i honestly believe that the best way to go about the new terms is to advertise the $2.99. $0.99 is just deceitful. i want customers to come in expecting $3 rentals and be pleasantly surprised by some of the cheaper $0.99 rentals, not expect $1 rentals and be disappointed by the very few, irrelevant titles that are not $3.

=3
Unread November 24th, 2010, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockbusterstore482 View Post
Real Question here..

I see retailers doing this all the time by putting the lowest price on the signs. Do you think it would be a better marketing message to say Thousands of movies for $2.99? I will pass on the feedback.
The solution would be to make more movies 99cent because honestly some of the crap out there we are still charging 2.99 for is unbelievable! All of KIDS, FAM and TV should be 99 cent( BSI) You can rent most seasons at other rental places for 1 flat rate (bricks and mortar)
The Following User Says Thank You to Spohiesmom2008 For This Useful Post:
Big Dog (November 24th, 2010)
Unread November 24th, 2010, 05:33 AM

That depends if Zoo's store will put the stickers on the product! Lol