I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 10th, 2011, 07:54 AM

Exclamation Officially Disgusted revised

So, since it was suggested I delete my post I did and am now going to list what this person is doing. I hope someone in Corporate figures out my locale and comes to see this in action.

1. Said individual called a CSR "retarded" because he did not like The Town,
and then proceeded to further embarass the individual in front of a customer by telling him his taste in movies is horrible.

2. Said individual also scolded the same csr for doing a void bc customer changed their mind about movie..he said "You are just a CSR, you are not to perform voids without a managers approval" "You will learn my rules or there will be consequences" Again, at the cash wrap with customers present.

3 A child came up with a Fushigi Ball..she asked how much it was he snapped, "Twenty dollars and the stickers on the front"

4. Someone else asked for the bathroom key..he screamed "No!" When they looked at him he was like "Ha Ha just kidding"

5. Following staff around the store, reminding us that he was "the head go to manager for LP" with his former company and that he trusts no one

6. A gentleman was leaving with no purchases for the evening..SM ran after the customer yelling for him to come back.

7. Keeps a clipboard clutched in his hand. Refers to clipboard as "Mr Clippy" and has been caght rubbing his lips across the metal clip part

8. Refers to himself in third person, jumps around giving himself high fives.

9. Speaks to customers and staff as if they are two year old children.
10. Tells staff that he is the boss, whether we like it or not and that we will learn "insert name here's rules or we will suffer consequences.

I really think HR & the DM should speak individally with the staff to really get a take on what is going on.

This is absolute craziness..and with the way he is acting he is not gaining the respect of the staff. No one has to be buddies, but he needs to respect his team.
Our store has gone through alot of transitions, we have had several SM's but one thing that has always remained the same across the board was the staff was treated as equals, as a team. Everyone worked together, no matter who the SM was. This is really a unique situation.
We have never, ever had a situation like this before.
People are uncomfortable working with this person.
So what do we do? Suffer through this and say nothing because we might get in trouble? Really? What sense does that make?
This person might not be a fit for this store. Maybe someone from a closing store would be a better fit..maybe he needs to go back to his DTSM to work on his people skills..
Why should the rest of us be made to feel like that?

That is not fair.

Last edited by officiallyconfused; January 12th, 2011 at 05:59 AM. Reason: typos/additions
Unread January 10th, 2011, 02:26 PM

Hate to say it. But if you complain to the DM, he/she will think you just don't like the new guy. Only way is if he gets customer complaints. But at the same time I wouldn't guide customers to turn him in. If you are already getting customer complaints have you told him? Give him a chance, you never know, he maybe good at what he does.

For all he knows ,that worked at his store with all the yelling and acting stupid. I've been in stores where the SM acted retarded and the customers bought into it. The SM would stand on the counter and yell at the customers she wasn't coming down until the store sold x number of bundles and that worked for her store. Customers bought into the whole crazy/pep angle. It wouldn't have worked in mine. Until he sees what works and what doesn't, how is he going to know any better until he tries it and bombs, get negative feedback or sells?
Unread January 10th, 2011, 02:38 PM
IHBB GOD

This person is the Dm's bitch. He fulfills all the stupid qualities that the DM wants.

This person is depserate for a job and will try to do anything to get above.

Anyways tread carefully. This person can weed out any 'underperforming' employees. Think of this SMIT as your enemy, he is a link to the DM. The DM's reputation is on th eline and the DM wont have it quesntioned by you.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread January 11th, 2011, 02:40 PM
IHBB GOD

haha you should bring a clear bag of flour to work, and see if he can resist.

=3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BUYMECAR For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (January 12th, 2011), johnlow71 (January 12th, 2011)
Unread January 11th, 2011, 02:40 PM
IHBB GOD

I am in PA but our BB store is not in an affluent area so I doubt it is near me. Besides, Family Video is killing it so I bet it is on the closure list...
Unread January 11th, 2011, 04:03 PM

Welcome, officiallyconfused. I pretty much agree with your assessment there.

On a separate note, taking the city out of your post helps, but your post is still specific enough that if someone in corporate wanted to find your store, I'm sure they could.

If you're concerned about someone in the company figuring out who you are, I'd recommend just deleting pretty much your entire post asap.
Unread January 11th, 2011, 07:33 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky me View Post
Welcome, officiallyconfused. I pretty much agree with your assessment there.

On a separate note, taking the city out of your post helps, but your post is still specific enough that if someone in corporate wanted to find your store, I'm sure they could.

If you're concerned about someone in the company figuring out who you are, I'd recommend just deleting pretty much your entire post asap.
Yep, it's a no brainier if they want to find him.
The top Poster!
Unread January 11th, 2011, 09:40 PM
IHBB Freak

He makes everyone jump up and down for bag check, or just the female employees?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Propoxy For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (January 12th, 2011), yodavsjason (January 12th, 2011)
Unread January 11th, 2011, 10:01 PM

Everyone for the bag check. Male and female. I am assuming...
It's a bit degrading. We also have to grab the waist of our pants and shake as we jump up and down.
He did that the first two nights..after mch protesting we dont have to jump but we must bunny ear our pockets and shake our jackets.
And he also reminds us that he watches tape every day and if we do not do it that way he will write the people up.
This is like the kid in elementary school that got made hall monitor and went nuts with the authority, It's crazy. It's so crazy that it almost seems unreal.
Unread January 12th, 2011, 02:43 PM
IHBB GOD

He sounds like a complete dickhead.

I would love to work a shift with him

Mr Clippy needs to suffer from some horible melting 'accident'
IHBB QUEEN and Legendary Top Poster
Quote of the week:
Valentines day special: Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm screwing your best mate; the rumours were true....