I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 29th, 2010, 07:31 PM

I've got a bad habit...

So, i realized today...that after countless 8 hour shifts of working all by myself..i have picked up a bad habit.

No matter where i go...or what I'm doing...i seem to be HUMMING all the time! Sometimes show tunes! sometimes songs from the 70's! Sometimes the songs the ice cream truck plays when it passes my store in the middle of the day, sometimes carnival music! i can't seem to stop humming!!!! While I'm running movies, emptying the drop box, working on a project, playing on compass. Too much time by myself is apparently not a good thing after all.

Anyone have any other bad habits i can pick up during those lonely 8 hour shifts?

and this was meant for the C and D stores..i don't want to hear "uhh..you should be selling to people" because if there were people to interact with, i wouldn't be humming to begin with...
Unread July 29th, 2010, 07:33 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondSM View Post
So, i realized today...that after countless 8 hour shifts of working all by myself..i have picked up a bad habit.

No matter where i go...or what I'm doing...i seem to be HUMMING all the time! Sometimes show tunes! sometimes songs from the 70's! Sometimes the songs the ice cream truck plays when it passes my store in the middle of the day, sometimes carnival music! i can't seem to stop humming!!!! While I'm running movies, emptying the drop box, working on a project, playing on compass. Too much time by myself is apparently not a good thing after all.

Anyone have any other bad habits i can pick up during those lonely 8 hour shifts?

and this was meant for the C and D stores..i don't want to hear "uhh..you should be selling to people" because if there were people to interact with, i wouldn't be humming to begin with...
My worst habit was work........
The top Poster!
Unread July 29th, 2010, 07:41 PM
IHBB GOD

Try Peter & the Wolf
Unread July 29th, 2010, 07:43 PM
IHBB Freak

I'm humming too. I'm in a D store and we've got sooo little to do. Our store is immaculate, we balance weekly, sometimes 3 times a week. PRP is/can be done on friday night or saturday. I leave my shifts and the store looks good (imo)...

I'm trying to think of things to do too! right now I sit on my phone and look at FMLs between little tasks I fill my time with. There are just so many times you can do the same thing, ya know?

So if anyone has a good idea, I'm all ears too! Unfortunately, my store has no wifi access anywhere
Unread July 29th, 2010, 08:52 PM

I recite the trailer loop every single time a movie line comes on. I'm taking a hammer to the July one with the Runaways on it. CHHHHHerrry Bomb is fitting

As far as finding stuff to do, I balance the game sections a lot. Wipe endcaps, tidy cupboards, clean up other's mystery piles, etc.

Everyday tasking is pretty boring, no? Can only do the DBAL so many times before you start "forgetting" to print it... hehe.

I love shipment days, it's so nice to switch it up, and I love the challenge of whipping through it in less than an hour.
Unread July 29th, 2010, 09:20 PM

I often found i would talk to myself alot when I was alone all day at BB. Not on purpose or anything though ;/
The Following User Says Thank You to kOre For This Useful Post:
Ghost of AtlanticVamp (July 30th, 2010)
Unread July 29th, 2010, 09:28 PM
IHBB Freak

i often times do the trailer thing to, singing all the songs, dear john was not a good theme for me...sighs...and i wish we had time to do just tasks at my store sometimes, way too busy.
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread July 29th, 2010, 09:49 PM
IHBB Freak

heh.... i've cought myself humming a few times in the past couple months here too. whichever mod is present is usually hiding in the back room when they're working with me so i usually have the entire store except the office to myself. a couple times i've just started singing the songs in my head. there's always something up there.

nice. its like a big thing we're all developing now.
Unread July 29th, 2010, 10:00 PM
IHBB GOD

How bout "It puts the lime in the coke you nut, and drinks it all up."
Unread July 29th, 2010, 10:08 PM

or how about : "She said YES!!!!"

*head/desk*..

ETA: on another note, does anyone crave the sound of silence, at say, 11pm if they close at 12? Our sound system mysteriously malfunctions every single weekend.. lol.

Last edited by MamaSmurf; July 29th, 2010 at 10:10 PM. Reason: another thought,