I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 22nd, 2006, 10:09 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Many years ago, if they didn't have the card we could ask for the name and then the phone number to verify the account. But BBi got sued and lost over the phone number bit and we were told not to ask it for Id anymore. People will sue any large company for anything.
In that case i'm going to sue because I get scheduled to open every fucking Wednesday and I always get stuck with the shipment and have to receive it all before I leave
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread August 22nd, 2006, 10:14 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantheman View Post
In that case I'm going to sue because I get scheduled to open every fucking Wednesday and I always get stuck with the shipment and have to receive it all before I leave
I like Wednesdays, gives me something to do. It gets so fucking boring sometimes.
Go ahead and sue, just imagine you there and over there are 20 lawyers grinning at you.
The top Poster!
Unread August 22nd, 2006, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudedos View Post
Sweet Lord Yes. I asked several Managers and they told me they have never accepted phone numbers. I don't understand why people think I'm so prone to typing a phone number recited so quickly, if we did actually do it. My response to them is reciting it back to them.

So I was right in theory alone.

C - Yeah, thats my number.
M - I know, and I now know you number, which means if I went to any other place and recited it, I could pull up your account and very well damage it.

Most will then proceed to pull out their cards. WHY THE FUCK DIDNT THEY DO THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE!

ALSO, IF YOU COMING TO BLOCKBUSTER, have your card goddamn ready. I hate when people tear their wallets apart just to find it.

Our store also had a meeting about allowing rentals without ID. Sometimes a few clerks would just ask for an address or phone number (Probably how this problem stems) then allows the rental.

Well, a group of kids come up to the counter, and they always, always have no ID or any idea of what a Brain is. Example.

M - Do you have an ID?

C - Its my moms account.

M - Well, I need your ID and if your not on the account, I'll have to call them.

This is when Friend A interjects with her knowledge of how things run around here.

C - I never get this problem when I come in.

M - Well, whats your account then, obviously your more prepared and would have an account with your name clearly on it.

Shes stunned at this point that I actually didn't cave in at her lame attempt at proving me wrong.

Gives me a last name and I pull the account. It has a Check ID and his name is no where to be found. I then tell him I have to call. Of course he now found his Jefferson High Id Card and hands it to me.

C - THERE!

M - Your not on the account, so I have to call your parents.

C - No don't, see I told you (INSERT GIRL NAME HERE) I couldn't.

He then tells me that he rented movies before and his friend (THE GIRL) didn't return them on time and the parents got charges, now the CHECK ID makes sense.

If anything out of this, I made sure a number was right, checked the warnings on the account if they still had use. ( I hate when we still have rainchecks wrns from 5 months ago) and made sure that she didn't have to come and open

People not having their card or ID ready has always pissed me off as well. They're usually the same people who get all pissed off if they have to wait in line for a couple minutes, and then when it's their turn, they don't have their shit in order.
Unread August 22nd, 2006, 10:18 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
I like Wednesdays, gives me something to do. It gets so fucking boring sometimes.
Go ahead and sue, just imagine you there and over there are 20 lawyers grinning at you.
Are they hot lawyers? I'll grin right back, only more seductively.

How do you think I got promoted?
Unread August 22nd, 2006, 10:20 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Are they hot lawyers? I'll grin right back, only more seductively.

How do you think I got promoted?
Sexual Harassment?
The top Poster!
Unread August 22nd, 2006, 10:21 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
M - Your not on the account, so I have to call your parents.
No no no

I get offered more times than not to call the kids' parents. I tell them no. They ask if they can call ME. I tell them no.

The only way someone is renting on an account that isn't there's is either being already listed or having their parent physically come INTO THE STORE and add them. No over the phone shit. That's an inconvinience to me, AND to the parents.
Unread August 22nd, 2006, 10:21 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Sexual Harassment?
I was the harasser, obviously.
Unread August 22nd, 2006, 10:22 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
I was the harasser, obviously.
That doesn't surprise me at all.
The top Poster!
Unread August 22nd, 2006, 10:28 PM

Quote:
No no no

I get offered more times than not to call the kids' parents. I tell them no. They ask if they can call ME. I tell them no.

The only way someone is renting on an account that isn't there's is either being already listed or having their parent physically come INTO THE STORE and add them. No over the phone shit. That's an inconvinience to me, AND to the parents.
I can understand that, but considering most numbers are disconnected and these kids will stand there considering they have nothing else to do and we have a pretty steady line most of the time, I'll do anything to move them along. Of course I don't add them or touch the account after the call, besides renting, its just for the benefit of getting them out of my store.

Also, a little off-topic, I searched the forums and I read over the Noob Thread. I don't believe we have a thread about New Employee Mistakes. Just putting it out there before being blasted for opening the topic.
Unread August 22nd, 2006, 10:35 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
I can understand that, but considering most numbers are disconnected and these kids will stand there considering they have nothing else to do and we have a pretty steady line most of the time, I'll do anything to move them along. Of course I don't add them or touch the account after the call, besides renting, its just for the benefit of getting them out of my store.
It's actually really simple to get them out. Say, "They have to physically be here and add you." If they bitch, just give them the "oh well" look. Ask if they're 18 and suggest they start their own account. If not, oh well, put the movies aside and say "next, please!". That's what I do. You'll get the occassional "You're an asshole!", "Let's go, Trisha! We're going to HOLLYWOOD!" or "Thats like, soooo effing retarded", but oh well. Gives you something to laugh about later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker
That doesn't surprise me at all.
Nah. I got promoted because I was the only employee left who wasn't fired for theft