I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 9th, 2006, 02:44 AM

Question games not in inventory

A manager at a BBV store told me that his staff had found some games that were just on the shelf and were not in inventory, he was just recently told by his DM that his store was not a security store anymore that it was just a regular BBV now, that they have not had any thing stolen from there store lately. He was upset that his store was not a security risk anymore and that it was in his words downgraded to a regular BBV store. He then told me that he was going to take some of those games, because who would miss them because they are not in inventory so it is as though they were never in the store in the first place. So he more or less told me that he was going to steal these games and some of them are Xbox 360 games because he is buying his son a Xbox360 for Christmas and he said that these games will just be more Christmas gifts. I asked him about it later on that day and by that time there were move employees at his store and he said that he could not talk about it now. I told him not to do it that it would be a wrong thing to do and all he said to me was I should not have told you. I don't know who to call or if I should even call anyone or tell anyone I had thought about informing his SL but I did not know if I should have gotten her involved. I did work for BBV but not anymore this guy is just a friend. But he is also the store manager and it just blows me away that he thinks it is opk to do what he is doing. But he has done things like this before he has taken the movies that after 30 days are member owed and when they come in instead of him calling the customer and telling them about the movie he would check it back in and then sale it as PRP. Please help me if any one can.
Unread November 9th, 2006, 03:10 AM
IHBB GOD

Oh dear god, fish in a barrel is all I can say about this guy. You have been a member for a year now yet have the linguistic skills of a can of tuna... be ready for an onslaught little boy.

Unread November 9th, 2006, 04:42 AM

games not in inventory

I am asking you your advise and all you can do is judge my lingunstic skills, why are you working at BBV go and get a job as a writer or something. I am sorry that my message was not short enough for you, but I was just trying to explain what this person has done, and I did not want to leave anything out.
Unread November 9th, 2006, 04:58 AM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Ok, so he told you about this early in the day. And later when you asked him about it there were more employees, yet you no longer work for BBV? Also, how exactly did this SM check in autosold movies?

I was going to give you the bennefit of the doubt, but then I woke up and realized what you said.
Unread November 9th, 2006, 05:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to CureForEmo
Well he said the SM checked in the AS titles and sold them as PRP. My guess is there was no 'checking in' of the titles, probably just printing some prp labels. Or else he actually did properly receive them from vendor like we're supposed to be doing (unpaid only) and this guy's about to narc on nothing.

nailhead - telling the shift lead will just stir up trouble. The SL can't do anything about it, especially if he likes his job. If he tells on his boss and nothing comes of it, life at bb will suck for him. If you really want to tell somebody about it, you personally need to talk to a DL or LP. But I have to ask, what's your objective? You don't work there anymore and you're supposedly friends with this guy. Stealing disgusts me, I don't condone it in the least, but it's going to pretty much be your word against his. Is it really your problem?

and finally...

"A run-on sentence consists of two or more main clauses that are run together without proper punctuation. Sometimes even sentences which are technically correct are easier to read if they are made into shorter sentences. We often speak in run-on sentences, but we make pauses and change our tone so people can understand us. But when we write, no one can hear us, so sometimes we must break our sentences into shorter units so that they do not sound run-on." englishplus.com
Unread November 9th, 2006, 10:28 AM

games not in inventory

you are right cure for emo, I don't work there anymore, but when he told me I guess that I felt like the person that sees a crime and does nothing about it. In this case I was told or a crime that this Sm is going to steal from his own store, and i just felt that maybe i should do something about it. i know that there is a phone number that you can report things I think it is called WOW?! Does anyone have that phone number.\\

As for Abandoned dreams I don't work there anymore and i never worked at that BBV, this is a SM of this store about to get anyway with stealing and i was telling hiim not to do it that it would be stupid for him to take those games. All I got in response from him was I should not have told you about it. And yes he took Autosold movies and sold them as PRP, so he was taking from those customers that have a charge on their credit cards for that movie. He did not and has not done the right thing, and he won't get caught because he is to sneaky.

I was just trying to do the right thing but if people feel because i don't work there anymore that saying something is not the right thing, then I won't say anything i just don't think if someone tells you something like that that you should just sit and do nothing about it.
Unread November 9th, 2006, 10:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to CureForEmo
Well, a group of random internet posters on a site called ihateblockbuster probably don't make the best moral compass. If you think you should say something, then you probably should, but in that case make sure you direct it to the right people. Telling that shift lead will just start gossip or put the SL in a bind. The WORD hotline will feed it back down to the DL, but at least it's anonymous if that's a concern.

And my question about selling the PRP was a concern for your knowledge for the company direction about receiving unpaid member owned product to sell. Are you familiar with this process? If so is it possible that the SM in unintentionally performing it wrong and just sticking it out there? Ignorance is no excuse on his part, but it still is much less damning than outright theft of NIV games.
Unread November 9th, 2006, 01:20 PM

games not in inventory

Cure for emo I do know the procedure on what to do I was doing it before I left the BBV I worked at, and we were taking the movies checking them in and writing the members number on a piece of paper and sticking it in the movie jacket. Do you have the number to the WORD?

Also one of his SL's told another SL's that she was not comfortable with what she was doing for him. He did not want to work his mid shift that SM's have been asked to work and so he would go into work at 8;30am, but not clock in until 1:00pm, then he would call his SL and tell her to clock him out at 8:30 and he would give her his number to clock him out on.

Please can I get that number to the WORD if you have it.
Unread November 9th, 2006, 04:38 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailhead View Post
Cure for emo I do know the procedure on what to do I was doing it before I left the BBV I worked at, and we were taking the movies checking them in and writing the members number on a piece of paper and sticking it in the movie jacket.
But after that, what did you do with them? Let them sit in a cabinet and rot?

Corporate recently gave us new instructions to process Terms 3 items that have been uncollected for several months. If they are unpaid, we are to receive them into inventory as PRP using a vendor number they supplied. We can either then leave them as PRP or transfer them back to rental. Paid items are destroyed. If customers come in after this, they must still pay the charges on their account, but they are to receive a same-title PRP copy in return. (Or same price point if the title is not available.)
Unread November 9th, 2006, 04:45 PM
IHBB GOD

[quote=nailhead;198266]

He was upset that his store was not a security risk anymore and that it was in his words downgraded to a regular BBV store.

Really? see, if i was a MAX store, and got UPGRADED to a green store, I would be stoked.

He then told me that he was going to take some of those games, because who would miss them because they are not in inventory so it is as though they were never in the store in the first place. So he more or less told me that he was going to steal these games and some of them are Xbox 360 games because he is buying his son a Xbox360 for Christmas and he said that these games will just be more Christmas gifts. I asked him about it later on that day and by that time there were move employees at his store and he said that he could not talk about it now. I told him not to do it that it would be a wrong thing to do and all he said to me was I should not have told you. I don't know who to call or if I should even call anyone or tell anyone I had thought about informing his SL but I did not know if I should have gotten her involved.

Nope, leave her out of it. SL can do nothing. she didnt hear the conversation, she wasnt involved in the conversation...its just hearsay.

I did work for BBV but not anymore this guy is just a friend. But he is also the store manager and it just blows me away that he thinks it is opk to do what he is doing.

ANYONE will steal if given the right opportunity.

But he has done things like this before he has taken the movies that after 30 days are member owed and when they come in instead of him calling the customer and telling them about the movie he would check it back in and then sale it as PRP. Please help me if any one can.:confused

with non paid post 37 day product, it is recived in under a vendor # as PRP. because when it sold to the members account, it sold as PRP. that is the correct procedure. and do you know for fact that he isnt calling customers? we call them every 2 weeks...IF THE PRODUCT IS PAID FOR. if it is not paid for, we put a warning on the account so we know what the balance is for.

so, if you dont work for BBI anymore, why do you care? its not your concern, and to have LP come in an do an investigation, you need more than what you have to go on, you need proof, you need a camera and a witness to prove your accusations.

and when you are a MAX store, all eyes are on you. because your store is losing more in shrink than it makes. so, if his store was upgraded, chances are...hes probably not stealing live product. He might just be targeting the post 37 day product that has been paid for. even still, you need proof.

I am not saying that he isnt stealing, but, it just seems that you don't know how things work, so, you might need to make sure your facts are correct before you go pointing fingers. Especially considering you no longer work for BBI, it could come back on you. Blockbuster has a no retalliation policy on past employees.

and if he is your friend......i would look for some new ones if i were you.....