I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 5th, 2007, 11:14 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoslave23 View Post
I just got refunded for five months of total access by calling customer service. Remember in that thread where the employee was complaining about getting charged after the employee free trials ended, and I realized I might have been paying for an extra account? Turns out, i was paying an extra 17.99+tax each month since november. (In an effort to boost sales, i had signed up for like a total of 3 different accounts at different times...one of them never got cancelled.)

When I first called customer service, they tried to just give me a credit for the next five months, but i told them to screw that and give me my money. I claimed that it was their fault, for not noticing that i wasn't using it. I eventually got a manager, who caved in and gave me my refund.
Way to get out of taking personal responsibility for your (in)actions.

And it's probably a good thing you quit before they realised you were manipulating your activation numbers.

It bothers me on many levels when stores are revealed to have cheated. It's like, well, good for you and thanks for making this bullshit harder for the rest of us who play fair. I know that's not the popular opnion, but it's how I've always felt. Overactive judgment gland perhaps? Dunno.

But, for real, you shouldn't have received that refund. You didn't cancel your fake trial. That's your fault, not Blockbuster's. At least do something with some of that money to balance the universe. (Again, not the popular opinion - just my two cents.)
Unread June 6th, 2007, 06:29 PM
IHBB GOD

Please take time here, Im off for popcorn
Unread June 6th, 2007, 06:40 PM
IHBB Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to videoslave23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
Way to get out of taking personal responsibility for your (in)actions.

And it's probably a good thing you quit before they realised you were manipulating your activation numbers.

It bothers me on many levels when stores are revealed to have cheated. It's like, well, good for you and thanks for making this bullshit harder for the rest of us who play fair. I know that's not the popular opnion, but it's how I've always felt. Overactive judgment gland perhaps? Dunno.
When I said I had signed up for three accounts, they weren't just to "boost my sales". They were at different times. First, I signed myself up. After the free trial ended, I kept it a couple months, and hardly used it. I thought that I cancelled it. Around christmas, I signed up my sweetie using my personal visa card. The next week I signed up again, since there were alot of movies i wanted to see.

So... since december i was paying like $60/month to BBO, $20 on three different credit/debit cards under 3 different emails. I didn't use my account that i knew i was being charged for for half of those months. Same story with my gf.

Basically I did three "fake" activations, each one turning into memberships that lasted over 6 months (I'm still paying for 2 accounts). 3 activations divided by twenty six weeks equates to being one extra activation every nine weeks. I'm sorry if that made you look bad. However my store was averaging over thirty activations per week, so my personal accounts only inflated our numbers by 0.37 percent. (less than 1 out of 270)

If you consider this cheating, than you are an idealistic idiot. I actually prided myself on signing up people that were going to keep it; i was never the same day cancellation cheater. And if you remember, the company asked us to network, and get friends and family members signed up. At least in my area.

Anyway, sorry for getting all defensive, propoxy. You're right about one thing, I definitely knew better, and didn't necessarily deserve a refund. But if i was refunding movie pass people for multiple months of inactivity before and now it's happening to me, i'd expect the same treatment as a customer.