I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 23rd, 2010, 07:00 AM

Ah, that's what i actually meant bez. Guess i should stop trying to form coherent sentences past 3am

At any rate, i'd still like to report them. Every few weeks, we'll get something of theirs in our drop box, and more often than not, it's something that hasn't come out yet. I'm getting sick of people saying 'well so and so down the street has it, why don't you?'
I use my finest customer service skills, and inform them, using the coming soon board behind me as evidence, that it has yet to come out. Somehow, i still look like the bad guy/an idiot who doesn't know how to do her job. If it was just a one time thing, then meh, whatever. But it's every single movie that comes out, going back as far as October that i've been aware of it.
Unread March 23rd, 2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphabalives View Post
Ah, that's what i actually meant bez. Guess i should stop trying to form coherent sentences past 3am

At any rate, i'd still like to report them. Every few weeks, we'll get something of theirs in our drop box, and more often than not, it's something that hasn't come out yet. I'm getting sick of people saying 'well so and so down the street has it, why don't you?'
I use my finest customer service skills, and inform them, using the coming soon board behind me as evidence, that it has yet to come out. Somehow, i still look like the bad guy/an idiot who doesn't know how to do her job. If it was just a one time thing, then meh, whatever. But it's every single movie that comes out, going back as far as October that i've been aware of it.
You need to send somebody to their store to actually see the product on the shelf, then call WB and report them.
Unread March 23rd, 2010, 04:53 PM
IHBB GOD

Wow look a real post omg
Unread March 23rd, 2010, 05:17 PM

There was a store near mine that kept doing that and the closest SM kept going there and kept call. Eventually the studios stopped shipping them stuff on time and they were two or three weeks behind on releases.
Unread March 23rd, 2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledodgeram View Post
I am a SM in one of the first test markets for box office. I HATE that program. How can you possibly gather any information from a system that everyone just hits complete on so that they do not have to spend any more time in it? The fact that it takes me 45 minutes to an hour to honestly go through all of the processes on it is ridiculous. Why are we even spending money on developing something that, even though it is server driven, goes through compass? I was in a meeting with the creators and sat next to my then DM (who of course is no longer with us) and even then I heard nothing "positive" about it. Beta phase or no beta phase, this system was a waste of time and no, moving it up front will not help. When my computer freezes for the 6th time in 20 minutes, cussing out loud and going Office Space on it in front of customers will not help get new members. Speaking of freezing, when will the game modules stop being so damn important. Send out the information in a process in your precious box office about all the games if it is so impotant. I can't even finish the March module since my computer won't stop freezing and now I am getting in trouble with my new DM since my training is not up to date when it is the lack of technological support that is the real problem. Blockbuster, stop wasting money on stuff that will not help the bottom dollar. I LOVE my store and all my customers, but corporate is ruining that for me.

On another note, yes this my first response in a long time, but I can't take it anymore. I have a family I have to raise and I am going to college to better myself and you have to throw extra stress on me and other fellow SMs in the test market, for what? As if the pressure from not knowing if my store will still be there next period isn't enough?
Well because we will assign it a time, over time. I could almost guess who you are by your response. We have a one click enable for you to print all task at once. You check complete at your own risk, if you falsely report you did a task you should be terminated. It does not sound like you or your DM understood the true value of the program. We are spending the money in order to save money. We have overgrown the compass system and that is the reason it goes so slow.

You also seem to be one of these people that think we can't do anything right. What is your presale numbers (send in PM). I bet they are lower than other stores. Have you called computer support? If so did you have your Dm escalated the problem? If not send me the trouble ticket and I will do your job for you. I normally do not respond this way, but we have systems put into place and you need to be ready to change with them.
Unread March 23rd, 2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by empbal View Post
Question: You sent a PRP destroy for a bunch of movies and a store to store to get even more out of my store, but now we have a BSI pull for the same amount and I'm back at square one, which is, from an earlier post of mine:

Hold tight April will bring great news that will help this.
Unread March 23rd, 2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omg_bbv View Post
Here's a great question: One of our new benefits is getting movies, such as The Blind Side in 28 days before any other rental medium... right? And now BB employees get 10 employee rents, that's awesome too... but how the hell am I supposed to watch a movie before the street date and tell customers how amazing/shitty it is if we don't get it until Monday, the day before release... Way to take something seemingly great and completely screw it up, BB.
So we realize this and every employee may watch Blindside. Please see communication updates from past two weeks.
You Talk, We Listen
Unread March 23rd, 2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by empbal View Post
I would much rather have 10 free rentals a week than a 2 at a time pass. I think the 2 at a time pass BBS was talking about would probably exclude items for the first 21 days still so we don't keep movies that customers want. The way my schedule is set up due to school, I work 3 days, and have 4 days off, over and over. I don't want to keep making trips back up to my store (15 minutes away) just to swap out 2 movies. I'd rather just rent a bunch a time.

Regarding your other point, you should feel have felt more cheated when 8 movies (or 10) come out that you want to see but you can only rent 5.

You can, just set up a pass on a non-employee account
So how about a Instore Pass, 2 out at a time, Online account, 1 Free DA a Week, 1 free Download a week, 1 Free Kiosk Rental a week, and two addtional store rentals.
Unread March 23rd, 2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondSM View Post
i have a question for blockbusterstore...

how are tasks assigned at corporate? It seems a bit ridiculous to me that they give the biggest tasks the same week everything else in the store changes. for example...

when our new release walls were blooming with product that wasnt renting, we were all counting on a CFD. We finally got one in february and it just had to come on the same day as all the queue towers and endcaps were changing

this week, we have a 1200 piece BSI to PRP transfer, a huge new blu-ray transfer (which will requre a reset of the entire retail section) and of course, all the queue towers and endcaps are changing...including a 1000 piece reprice.

my question is, why not spread these huge tasks apart from eachother. there were 3 weeks prior to this, and will be 3 weeks after this that would be way less stressful to have a huge transfer. No other projects should be taking place on the week the map changes...it's too much.

That is the beauty of the box office. This will allow us to see how many task are being put on stores at one time. We are working towards this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blockbusterstore482 For This Useful Post:
almondSM (March 24th, 2010)
Unread March 23rd, 2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
I totally agree that the giant reprice and all the transfers are ill timed, but MAP changes should really only take a day to complete. Pull product off, change signs, put new product on. Most of the transfers are open for many days.

My main complaint about that is the change of having transfers open on Mondays instead of Sundays, like they used to. I know PRP still does, but why not open all of them? And, for god's sake, let the damn reprices be effective on Sundays again! I hate having to either hold my PRP transfer for a day or remerchandise the PRP twice to accomodate the stupid Monday-effective reprice.
Sunday 3rd busiest days. Your managers should shecdule differnetly