I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread February 1st, 2011, 07:31 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge View Post
Still don't believe it. You may be right. But I don't see a struggling cumpany going thru bankruptcy writing off hundreds of thousands of dollars off on revenue than can be collected. Movie Gallery may be different but six months after all stores closed, customers started getting collection letters for late fees and movies that were rented and not returned. Why not collect even a portion of that by contracting it out to colloction agencies. You don't have to do any of the work and get back some lost revenue.
It's true, I worked through a closing store and went to a store close by, people I knew who had balances didn't have to pay them.
The top Poster!
Unread February 1st, 2011, 07:48 AM

Like I said, that could be true and although it is a moot point right now. But what if Blockbuster ever does go thru a final bankruptcy? Then would it change? I'm not sure when Movie Gallery/Hollywood video was shutting down stores before they closed for good whether balances were tossed out or soft transferred to nearby stores. But on the final liquidation, no one asked for balances at the shutdown from customers coming into the store to buy product. But low and behold six months after closure collection letters were going out. Could the same thing happen to BB customers and employees?
Unread February 1st, 2011, 11:24 AM
IHBB Freak

I just went by my old store and all the posters are off the windows, most of the games are off the shelves, and some of the confection was marked down. It's weird to see it this way!
Unread February 1st, 2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
To me..this also makes you a thief, because you rented them with no intention of returning them. Last person I would ever want to hire at my store. When my old store closed, I didn't take any short cuts to get free movies. I did get a lot at a discounts on the final day...all approved by liquidators.
Hey if they want to bill me for the movies, i'll gladly pay up. Blockbuster isn't really losing any money from this anyways.

I guess you could say all those people who work at liquidating stores and deliberately hold movies for themselves until the last week when they hit the highest disount are thieves too.
Unread February 1st, 2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEZ View Post
I guess you could say all those people who work at liquidating stores and deliberately hold movies for themselves until the last week when they hit the highest disount are thieves too.
Yes, that is stealing to. We never held movies and the liquidators came in to inspect to make sure none were being held. It's easy enough to catch if your holding movies. Bump the top movies/games vs. your inventory and you can tell if they're are being held. You were fired if caught holding movies or games. You may not have gotten the newest movies, but there was enough good ones for a cheap price during the last week. With deals starting at approx. 30% off the first week, buy it if you want something that bad.

Last edited by sarge; February 1st, 2011 at 04:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarge For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (February 1st, 2011)
Unread February 1st, 2011, 06:04 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
You were fired if caught holding movies or games.
Fired from a place that was going out of business? I'm not condoning the practice of stashing the good stuff for yourself, but that really isn't much of a threat.
Unread February 1st, 2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorrent scowl View Post
Fired from a place that was going out of business? I'm not condoning the practice of stashing the good stuff for yourself, but that really isn't much of a threat.
It is when you get bonus for being there til the end. For SM's it was $100 per week plus your regular quarterly bonus and tanning commission if you were a tanning store. For csr's not as much as it was an extra .50 per hour worked paid at the end plus their tanning commission. Had to be in good standing in order to receive it.
Unread February 1st, 2011, 07:09 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Plus it looks really bad on your resume if you're fired from a place that won't be there in a week anyway.
Unread February 1st, 2011, 07:26 PM
IHBB GOD

My last Sm wouldn't let you hold merch at all.....I don't have a problem with holdening merch for awhile, I always said as long as you pay for it when the next paycheck comes. But with BBI that may be a problem soon...
The top Poster!
Unread February 1st, 2011, 07:40 PM

What is this tanning you speak of?