I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > News

Unread May 31st, 2011, 10:38 PM

Wow, I left just in time.....so I just have to say this and unless something moves me to elaborate more....I was with BB for many years....I am now FREE - my choice
Unread May 31st, 2011, 11:56 PM

Do you all understand they do not need to bring the other 1.99 movie back to get another one free! BB didnt think this one out. A customer can go out to the car put the first movie away and come back in to get another one for free. Unlimited free 1.99 or less movies, but only one per visit.
Unread June 1st, 2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
lol..Lets give more free movies on top of the freebies that the 65% of our online customer base already gets free..lets get people back in the stores by giving them free rentals!!

Lets change the terms to something thats a less value..lets not get new releases again this week but the nicholas cage one..and lets load the stores up with more PRP and have clearance sales all over the store to look like a liquidation warehouse..
Exactly because at my store the majority of our "TOP 100" are going to be online or pass customers! If they want customers to stop thinking and asking when my store is going to close- quit making it look like last chance bargain bin.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (June 1st, 2011), muthaflippin (June 1st, 2011)
Unread June 1st, 2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
Do you have any thoughts about this new program? I understand they want to broaden their customer base and reach out to customers who haven't been in for a long while but is this the way to get it done? We still have very low copy depth on a lot of the 1.99 NR -this could make for a very interesting June.
I believe this is the deal i posted under the "Deals and Freebies" thread. there's a unlimited coupon they can use until July 4th for 1.99 movies.
Unread June 1st, 2011, 09:39 AM

I was just looking at our list and the whole time I was thinking to myself: "pass, pass, online, pass, online, online...etc."

I'm pretty sure my SM's not going to call them. What's the point? I mean, we won't really be losing money from the online customers since they don't spend anything in the store already, but anyone who has a pass (and half a brain) will realize they can cancel their pass for a month and save themselves 20 bucks.
Unread June 1st, 2011, 10:04 AM

Oh, and as far as them offering this thing to the 60 million plus people they've said they're sending the offer to...

This is not going to help us retain customers for the long-term. I see this being just as "successful" as the whole new-members-get-50%-off-all-their-rentals-for-the-first-30-days thing we did a couple of summers ago. People will come in long enough to get their free movies and then we'll never see them again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NowImNothing For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (June 1st, 2011), Glass Half Empty (June 1st, 2011), muthaflippin (June 1st, 2011)
Unread June 1st, 2011, 12:02 PM
IHBB Freak

They want it also offered to all the customers who already come in the store as thank you's..every customer every time apparently..smh...
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread June 1st, 2011, 12:34 PM

Hate to see TNR for June if they want practically everyone who has ever set foot in the store to get free rentals for a month.
The Following User Says Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
muthaflippin (June 1st, 2011)
Unread June 1st, 2011, 06:43 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireyjewels View Post
wow, I Left Just In Time.....so I Just Have To Say This And Unless Something Moves Me To Elaborate More....i Was With Bb For Many Years....i Am Now Free - My Choice
Wrong!!! Nobody Leaves Under Their Own Free Will!!! You Were Fired!!!
Just Admit It!!!!
Unread June 1st, 2011, 07:21 PM
IHBB GOD

Its now BBV LLC we need your story KAW