I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > Do You Hate Blockbuster Video?

Unread February 14th, 2011, 11:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to BBW[BlockBusterWorker] Send a message via Skype™ to BBW[BlockBusterWorker]
Quote:
Originally Posted by underemployed View Post
I'm a SL getting $8.60 and they just hired a new SL for $11. More than our 4 years experience SAM gets! How's that for bullshit?
That is terrible pay for a SL.

When I started as a CSR I was making $8.25/hr then when I was bumped to 4Star CSR I made $8.75 then at SL I was making $10/hr and when I demoted myself back to CSR I now make $9.25/hr.

I am happy making what I make as a CSR now.
Unread February 14th, 2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBW[BlockBusterWorker] View Post
That is terrible pay for a SL.

When I started as a CSR I was making $8.25/hr then when I was bumped to 4Star CSR I made $8.75 then at SL I was making $10/hr and when I demoted myself back to CSR I now make $9.25/hr.

I am happy making what I make as a CSR now.

well, I was hired as a CSR at $7.60 and was told by the then SM that I was lucky to get more than minimum. He left us soon after I started and I really liked the new SM. I got a $1 raise when I became an SL and still told I had it so well by the DM. I didn't really care, it was meant to be a temporary thing between jobs anyway, and I have another job where I earn just under $50K now (I hadn't mentioned I have a BA and just finished an MA.) The main reason I stayed on a couple nights a week was that I liked the new SAM, other SL's and CSR's. But just because it isn't about the money doesn't make it any less bullshit, ya know?
Unread February 14th, 2011, 11:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to BBW[BlockBusterWorker] Send a message via Skype™ to BBW[BlockBusterWorker]
Quote:
well, I was hired as a CSR at $7.60 and was told by the then SM that I was lucky to get more than minimum. He left us soon after I started and I really liked the new SM. I got a $1 raise when I became an SL and still told I had it so well by the DM. I didn't really care, it was meant to be a temporary thing between jobs anyway, and I have another job where I earn just under $50K now (I hadn't mentioned I have a BA and just finished an MA.) The main reason I stayed on a couple nights a week was that I liked the new SAM, other SL's and CSR's. But just because it isn't about the money doesn't make it any less bullshit, ya know?
What state do you work in? In NY minimum is $7.15 so me starting at $8.25/hr was great. If BB didn't screw me out of my ASM promotion I would have been making $13/hr. Cost of living in NYC is terrible ugh.
Unread February 14th, 2011, 01:39 PM
IHBB GOD

Zooworker and the others are right. There isn't anyone that will get a pay raise. Your SM knows the answer will be "No...". If one gets it, then they all will complain. Although there is one way, which is legal. You have to quite and get re hired. Then they can decide to pay you more. That is the only way...unless u get promoted .
Unread February 14th, 2011, 09:09 PM
IHBB GOD

But if you quit you lose everything you have built up, so I guess it is one or the other ...
Unread February 15th, 2011, 12:50 PM

tell you boss, you have found a new job that pay better, and are thinking about taking it, see what they say, if you are a valuable employee you might get it, probally not,

if not go find a job that pays more
Unread February 15th, 2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whineyboy View Post
tell you boss, you have found a new job that pay better, and are thinking about taking it, see what they say, if you are a valuable employee you might get it, probally not,

if not go find a job that pays more
Keep in mind nobody that works for Blockbuster at store level is valuable. You are always expendable and always replacable.
Unread February 17th, 2011, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBW[BlockBusterWorker] View Post
What state do you work in? In NY minimum is $7.15 so me starting at $8.25/hr was great. If BB didn't screw me out of my ASM promotion I would have been making $13/hr. Cost of living in NYC is terrible ugh.
I thought the federal minimum wage was $7.25 since summer of 2009?
Unread February 17th, 2011, 08:38 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
I thought the federal minimum wage was $7.25 since summer of 2009?
Different states with different minimum wages
Unread February 17th, 2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Different states with different minimum wages
Correct.

Every store should have an up to date poster in their backroom explaining you're rights as an employ in the state you work in. The very first thing they mention is the state's minumum wage.