I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 22nd, 2010, 10:04 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhohbusted69 View Post
When I needed money I would totally take advantage of a couple legit freebie sites, and take the stuff to walmart to return and say I lost the receipt. It's a bit of work, but free stuff. Pm for the sites if interested, I don't want it to look like I'm spamming. Just offering advice to anyone struggling.
I'm all for freebies, but if theft and fraud like this suggestion are acceptible, why not submit the money saving tip "Rob banks. A penny stolen is a penny earned... by stealing!" Seriously. You're returning something somewhere it doesn't belong and accepting money for it. Stealing. And lying about it's origins. Fraud. If this is the case, I have a couple more tips for you guys:

1. Take penny jars. You've got to feed YOU, not some faceless orphans.
2. Xerox your coupons. Scanners don't know the difference between your direct from manufacturer coupon and one from the same machine you copy your ass with.
3. Kill a family member. Save on your meals twofold- one less mouth to feed, and more meat for those still-living mouths.
4. Get arrested. Preferably for murder. You live the rest of your life on taxpayer dime.
5. Panhandle. If you're homeless, it's one less expense. If you're like all other panhandlers, your only expenses will be cheap booze and the Sunday paper to cover up with.
6. Get rid of your pets and adopt a Jim Keyes. It can survive on pickles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.

Last edited by deathbydanny; June 22nd, 2010 at 10:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to deathbydanny For This Useful Post:
BUYMECAR (June 23rd, 2010)
Unread June 22nd, 2010, 11:08 PM

It's not stealing, your giving them product they will just end up re-selling. And if your morals are getting in the way of doing such things, then starve for all I care. I've been a poor college student, and know how to survive. It's just advice for others in the same boat. And it's walmart, fuck walmart.
Unread June 23rd, 2010, 04:40 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny View Post
6. Get rid of your pets and adopt a Jim Keyes. It can survive on pickles.
by far, worst tip.

for a guy who accepts $400,000 in pickles for one year's shitty work, i think you're far from the truth.
Unread June 23rd, 2010, 04:53 AM
IHBB Freak

^^^ Yup. If you are in financial difficulty, it seems to me that the last thing you want to do is to bring Jim Keyes into your house. If he can do that to BB stock, imagine what he would do to you.

One thing I don't think I've seen mentioned yet is signing up online with restaurant chains. For instance, if you give your email and bday date to Ruby Tuesdsay, you'll get a coupon for a free bday dinner, and coupons for stuff like free appetizers throughout the year.
BUYMECAR (June 23rd, 2010), Ghost of AtlanticVamp (June 23rd, 2010)
Unread June 23rd, 2010, 05:10 AM
IHBB GOD

yes, that's one that i often do. though most chains like Papa Johns and Blockbuster just send you information on deals that you can get on-site anyway, there are some chains that give you awesome deals ready to print.
Unread June 23rd, 2010, 06:25 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
It's not stealing, your giving them product they will just end up re-selling. And if your morals are getting in the way of doing such things, then starve for all I care. I've been a poor college student, and know how to survive. It's just advice for others in the same boat. And it's walmart, fuck walmart.
Oh, so stealing is okay because you stole from Walmart. You're taking money for something you didn't pay for by lying to a business. That's not stealing at all.

I'm singling you out because everyone else's ideas were legit. Recycling, clipping coupons, etc. Your idea was theft. Or does it not count because it's Walmart?

Then why not steal from blockbuster? Steal a bunch of PRP and field destroys and take them directly to a pawn shop.

We've all been broke, but honestly if you're starving to the point of theft and fraud, what is a blockbuster 10 hour paycheck helping? Get some food stamps or something.
Quote:
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
The Following User Says Thank You to deathbydanny For This Useful Post:
zooworker (June 23rd, 2010)
Unread June 23rd, 2010, 07:48 AM
IHBB Freak

This is starting to remind me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer urges Jerry to ship his already busted stereo to himself, and then claim it was damanged in transit.

Kramer: It's a write off for them.
Jerry: How is it a write off?
Kramer: They just write it off.
Jerry: Write it off what?
Kramer: Jerry, all these big companies, they write off everything.
Jerry: You don't even know what a write off is.
Kramer: Do you?
Jerry: No. I Don't.
Kramer: But they do. And they're the ones writing it off.
Jerry: I wish I could have the last 20 seconds of my life back.
BUYMECAR (June 23rd, 2010), wheresmikey (June 23rd, 2010), wowurrcool (June 23rd, 2010)
Unread June 23rd, 2010, 09:08 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
I've been a poor college student, and I know how to survive. What you describe is stealing and you are a douche to deny it. If you think that is the only way to avoid starvation then you are a stupid douche to boot. Fuck you, you stupid fucking douche.
Unread June 23rd, 2010, 11:18 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Yeah, it's walmart, Sears, Kmart, Bestbuy, BBI, fucking steal, it's ok. Right?
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS WHAT DRIVES PRICE OF GOODS UP YOU FUCKING THEIF..........
And I do have morals, unlike you. It's no better than shoplifting asshole.....
The top Poster!
Unread June 23rd, 2010, 12:00 PM
IHBB Freak

Speaking of Wal-Mart, any idiot or college student can tell you Wal-Mart sells ramen noodles. For like, fifteen cents a pack. Fifteen cents. That's less than a goddamn gumball, and you get a meal. Got a dollar? You can buy six and tip the poor stiff a dime. Or save that dime, find a nickel, and poof-- another meal. If you have a choice in the matter, you're not poor enough to be starving.

And think about this logically for a second-- Wal-Mart may end up reselling your freebie piece of shit, but they might not. They might take the loss for it, because they have to send it to their claims. Therefore, you are, under fraudulent circumstances, taking money from them. Money that is not yours. This isn't stealing... how?

If you're THAT goddamn desperate, punch a cop. The jail term you get will put food in your mouth, a roof over your head, and weightlifting equipment you can borrow cost-free for a year. I just hope you like bread, water and gruel.
Quote: