I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 29th, 2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShooter87 View Post
anyone know if calling HR and check would do any good? im wondering if I verify all my info and stuff if theyll atleast just tell me my eligibility as far as being rehireable or not
Just go ahead and apply, you can have your app done in less time than it will take to figure out if your rehireable, then just check with the store you applied at in a few days.
Unread August 31st, 2010, 05:05 AM

can anyone send me or post the HR #? I tried calling my old store and they didnt have it/couldnt find it (apparently the new staff there is really incompentant) if this doesn't work ill definitely apply to someones store and just do it that way
Unread August 31st, 2010, 05:33 PM
IHBB Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to videoslave23
Kind of off topic, yet similar issue. I'm applying for several jobs in the scuba industry, both as a Divemaster / Underwater Photography Instructor as well as Retail Scuba sales. The problem is people want references.

My previous DM quit soon after I left and I don't have his number anymore. My Region got dissolved, so the Regional Manager and all the corporate staff in my region got laid off, so basically everyone who knew how great an employee I was is no longer at Blockbuster.

Also the store(s) I worked at no longer exist. So what phone number and address should I put for a contact?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I left my last job after being on workers comp for a year, getting a settlement, and moving to a different state, so I know my last job isn't going to say anything to a prospective employer. Hence Blockbuster would be the next rational place for an employer to call.
Unread August 31st, 2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoslave23 View Post
Kind of off topic, yet similar issue. I'm applying for several jobs in the scuba industry, both as a Divemaster / Underwater Photography Instructor as well as Retail Scuba sales. The problem is people want references.

My previous DM quit soon after I left and I don't have his number anymore. My Region got dissolved, so the Regional Manager and all the corporate staff in my region got laid off, so basically everyone who knew how great an employee I was is no longer at Blockbuster.

Also the store(s) I worked at no longer exist. So what phone number and address should I put for a contact?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I left my last job after being on workers comp for a year, getting a settlement, and moving to a different state, so I know my last job isn't going to say anything to a prospective employer. Hence Blockbuster would be the next rational place for an employer to call.
Well, do you have any other jobs that you left on good terms with? I mean, not to sound...negative, but it'd be kind of ridiculous for your future employer to have to call all around to find a reference since where you worked, and everyone you worked with is gone from the company. Not to mention it looks bad

Just my suggestion...Blockbuster was on my references, I think it was number...4? 5? I dunno, somewhere at the bottom, not because it was "Bad" but just because I was like "Nobody cares if you worked at Blockbuster."

"Dear Customer: I work here, I know more than you, so clearly I am right." - Me
Unread August 31st, 2010, 07:47 PM

Ill get the HR number at work tomorrow, and post it. As far as job references or employment verification blockbuster uses a third party company that simply verifies how long you worked there, what you got paid, and if you left on good terms. Ill post that as well
The Following User Says Thank You to ufo SM For This Useful Post:
TheShooter87 (September 1st, 2010)
Unread August 31st, 2010, 08:09 PM

I have a few buddies at Blockbuster who have since moved on, I have asked them to be the names listed on the references, If anyone calls me at the store for a job reference I give them the payroll number. The first option on the recorded message is for past work reference.
Unread August 31st, 2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo SM View Post
Ill get the HR number at work tomorrow, and post it. As far as job references or employment verification blockbuster uses a third party company that simply verifies how long you worked there, what you got paid, and if you left on good terms. Ill post that as well
They don't verify if you left on good terms to outside parties. They use The Work Number. They will verify position title, dates of employment, and salary ONLY if you set it up to be verified. They wont verify why you left or if you are eligible for rehire because of the lawsuit potential. The HR Manager told us this once at a training, and in my experiences with other companies that use Work Number this is also the case.
Unread September 1st, 2010, 07:27 PM

kOre would they tell me my work status (rehire/nonrehire) if I called up there to find out?
Unread September 1st, 2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
kOre would they tell me my work status (rehire/nonrehire) if I called up there to find out?
maybe, sorry I forgot to get the number ill try again tomorrow
Unread September 2nd, 2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
There's 2 different places that handle that. The Work Number is used for external reference verification like if you were applying for a job at another company and they wanted to verify your employment with BB. The Work Number will not verify that. You need the number that ufo SM is talking about which is BB's HR. If you were an SM with a potential rehire, you used to be able to call and give a social security number of an applicant and they would let you know if they were rehireable. I don't know if you can just call yourself and find out though.

My knowledge might be a little dated though because its been a year and a half since I worked at BB.