I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 30th, 2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilviolentj View Post
Hey hey, low volume store here, and yeah that would totally screw us. We're still making money, but not much.
It really would be nice if they would actually let us manage the stores we run. I could be making the store much more money if I didn't have to carry the stupid stuffed toys, and the candy of the month, and any hardware.
I hate all that GM crap. I mark it down to pennies, and it still sits. In/out candy is pointless too.... until it's on sale. Then the staff buy it

Hardware? What hardware? I've had no replenish since Xmas. Not a single system. My trade customers went to other stores to spend the credit we gave them... wahhhhh.
Unread April 30th, 2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSmurf View Post
My sister store is a test market. The 1-out pass is $19.99, the 2-out is $29.99

WAY TOO CHEAP. That alone would sink a low volume store... as you know the favorite pass customers don't spend shit in the stores. "We have a popcorn bundle for $2....*cuts us off mid-sentence*..."No, thanks just my free movie"

Kinda glad I'm off until Monday. I really don't want to deal with all the questions that hordes of idiots will inevitably ask
That's a really great price, I could see it being a home run at my store.

Totally agree about pass customers too. Very nice but besides the swap they almost NEVER get anything else. I can see it being popular with customers though and the new releases would come back quicker. I have customers that do multiple swaps per DAY.

I could see if many customers were all on the pass our TNR/Ave-Spend would take a hit.
Unread April 30th, 2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
With only passes and candy bundles left to rank my store is going to sky rocket in the rankings. Everyone here loves their pop & popcorn and favorite passes!
I know! Mine too, combos are such an easy upsell. Especially if they already have a pop/twizzler/popcorn.
Unread April 30th, 2011, 07:58 PM
IHBB Freak

But you know what? Passes actually focus on movies and money being exchanged in store. Meaning the stores (not just the company) are making money. Therefore, that's actually the best option. This is better than fucking candy bundles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread April 30th, 2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny View Post
But you know what? Passes actually focus on movies and money being exchanged in store. Meaning the stores (not just the company) are making money. Therefore, that's actually the best option. This is better than fucking candy bundles.
I don't quite understand how passes actually helps your store in making money. As a matter of fact, once someone buys what we call here --- in Canada --- a BSI pass, there are 95% of chance this person won't spend a single penny in your store for the next 30 days. So I don't see how a customer that comes 6x/day to exchange a movie helps my store in making money.

The only way I see it is if this person buys a « bundle » (well Canadian bundles per se). Otherwise, no, he's making my store losing money, especially if he's asking for recommandations; because I could help someone that will spend his money in my store.
The Following User Says Thank You to M_Choucroute For This Useful Post:
DeDampkring (May 1st, 2011)
Unread April 30th, 2011, 09:12 PM
IHBB Freak

and the online..which the stores dont get shit from.
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread May 1st, 2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I hate all that GM crap. I mark it down to pennies, and it still sits. In/out candy is pointless too.... until it's on sale. Then the staff buy it

Hardware? What hardware? I've had no replenish since Xmas. Not a single system. My trade customers went to other stores to spend the credit we gave them... wahhhhh.
Call head office then, there are definitely systems around, many store around here have had replenishment. I've never been out of anything though. I'm still sitting on 6 PS3's, I'm down to 1 Xbox, 3 wii's, and a bunch of bluray and dvd players. I don't want this crap. It doesn't sell!
Unread May 1st, 2011, 10:27 AM
IHBB Freak

I agree with several of the points here.

Passes are better than bundles in making money for the store. Passes are also better than online. However, that's like saying that drowning is better than burning to death.

Passes, as I can see, really don't add much to the store other than foot traffic and checking in dvds. Let's say the customer has a 2-out pass for $30/mo. Let's say they come in 4x/week. That means eight moves a week, or roughly 32 a month. So every rental is now valued at about 94 cents. A hot new release at $4.99 is being marked down by 80%!!!

I know some of you will say, "But we get it back right away!" Well, yes. Maybe. But if half the time it's being rented by pass people then the best you can hope for is to break even with potential earnings. And God help us now with such low depth. The pass person who comes in for this week's big title, only to find it all checked out, will pick up something else because it's pre-paid and near free while the single-renter will walk away and might not return. In the long run, it will cost the store money.

That's how I see it, anyway. And my experience has been that most pass people come in every day.
Unread May 1st, 2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Call head office then, there are definitely systems around, many store around here have had replenishment. I've never been out of anything though. I'm still sitting on 6 PS3's, I'm down to 1 Xbox, 3 wii's, and a bunch of bluray and dvd players. I don't want this crap. It doesn't sell!
I wish there was an inventory search that allowed us to check country-wide inventory and request a product transfer. We sell out of everything hardware related. I have bluray left, but it's Open Box, and no one wants it even at 25% off.

I think the product dispursements are weird. One store like you gets 6 PS3 while we get none
Unread May 1st, 2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
I wish there was an inventory search that allowed us to check country-wide inventory and request a product transfer. We sell out of everything hardware related. I have bluray left, but it's Open Box, and no one wants it even at 25% off.

I think the product dispursements are weird. One store like you gets 6 PS3 while we get none
You mean like that function that popped up as M in the csr menu about 3 months ago but STILL doesnt work?

Yeah that WOULD be fun We just ask our dm when we need to know who's got something. Or we call random stores in other provinces, because we get bored heh