I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 23rd, 2010, 08:02 PM

Just Wanted to Say Thank You

Hey,

I did want to take the time before the Holiday to tell each of you Thank You. Those of you that still work for BBV get up ever day and some how manage to keep all your frustrations inside. I know that it does not always seem like it, but there are lots of people(I will not say everyone) that realize it is because of you they have jobs. I honestly can say I cannot imagine what it is really like to work on reduced hours with no increases and tons of pressure to achieve a number. From what I read on here it is not fun and I am doing what little I can to help.

Each of you make up an team of employees that despite what the troubles are you manage to pull anything that is ask of you off. Take pride in that.

For the former employees out there, thank you as well. You keep me grounded, add a different side to the picture and always add something fun to my night, mainly pickles but here recently batteries.

Guess I am just saying Thank you for allowing me to be part of your group on here and thank you for being you.

BBStore482

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Blockbusterstore482 For This Useful Post:
almondSM (November 23rd, 2010), ASM69 (December 9th, 2010), Backer Card (December 10th, 2010), Big Dog (November 24th, 2010), brucedx (November 24th, 2010), BUYMECAR (November 23rd, 2010), djblade (November 24th, 2010), getoffmybeach (December 10th, 2010), itirnitii (November 23rd, 2010), katiebell (November 25th, 2010), kkfinally (December 14th, 2010), Knargles (November 23rd, 2010), MaximusX7 (December 9th, 2010), Ninja (November 23rd, 2010), omg_bbv (December 10th, 2010), Pixi (November 25th, 2010), sar94pga (November 23rd, 2010), sparklez631 (November 26th, 2010), Spohiesmom2008 (November 24th, 2010), The Omen (November 25th, 2010), TheAnomaly (November 25th, 2010), uhohbusted69 (November 23rd, 2010), yodavsjason (November 24th, 2010)
Unread November 23rd, 2010, 08:10 PM
IHBB Freak

Today was probably one of the MOST frustrating days in this company I've ever had. However, I did remember how you helped my store. I'm not going to say how because that would give it away...unless you were told who I am

<_<

>_>
Unread November 23rd, 2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
Today was probably one of the MOST frustrating days in this company I've ever had. However, I did remember how you helped my store. I'm not going to say how because that would give it away...unless you were told who I am

<_<

>_>
I never ask on here. I want each of you to feel like you have someone to speak too. When ever people feel like telling me who they are and what store they are from that is fine with me.

You do have me curious today because I was resetting two stores and did a bunch of favors for about 20 others. I am sorry your day was so frustrating.

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE
Unread November 23rd, 2010, 08:18 PM

Thank YOU! I cannot tell you how nice it is to finally be recognized, even if it is not individually. Most people don't know you, but if they did they would know that you are here for us. You've helped me, you've given me insight and a piece of mind at times. So, you're welcome!
Unread November 23rd, 2010, 09:03 PM
IHBB GOD

your welcome!
Unread November 24th, 2010, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post

<_<

>_>
Yes Thanks 482!
Ninja Im guessing you were on one of the IT calls today. I begged my Dm not to make me do it...I finally got my compass actually working again after last weeks debacle. But no was told to do it so I did the re image and low and behold I am back to a black screen nothing working. On hold for 5 hrs at comp support gave up. Will just edit everything from my other store. That was also supposed to be re imaged but if you really think I am going to be out here 2 hrs from any other stores with compass out in both stores your crazy. What a complete cock up as we would say in the mother land.
Unread November 24th, 2010, 06:58 AM

Our SM let us know that this weekend we must sell 50 of the TA gift cards or he will write up the entire store. We cant sell 10 a week but somehow 50 in 2 days is gonna happen?? Guess that was his way of saying thanks.

So while your "Thanks" is nice 482, it means literally nothing. You don't have a fucking clue what it is like at the store level, or to have your job threatened because of completely unattainable goals set by corporate douche bags. You may think you do, but trust me, you don't.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeDampkring For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (November 24th, 2010)
Unread November 24th, 2010, 07:25 AM

Something's wrong w/your SM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gonzo For This Useful Post:
Big Dog (November 24th, 2010), Hot Head (November 24th, 2010)
Unread November 24th, 2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Something's wrong w/your SM.
Well, to our DM, he is the perfect SM.

So essentially come Monday morning we will all get our corrective actions to sign, because there is literally no way in hell we will be able to sell 50. Not a chance.

Its the BB style of managing... threaten, write up and fire, and if possible, do it right before the holidays.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeDampkring For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (November 24th, 2010)
Unread November 24th, 2010, 09:43 AM
IHBB GOD

Report it to Blockbusterstore482 and he will do something about it. I think your SM is just lying to you man.....They're just trying to make him/herself look good around the district.