I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread December 14th, 2010, 02:04 PM

Fallout NV for $1.99!!!!!******

*******with the purchase of another game rental.

Although the rewards fix is great. I remember a Communication Update when printing the R5G1 free coupons first started. They said they did it in hopes of people using the free one more Ya, because when you hand someone a coupon they are so much more likely to use it then someone saying, "would you like to use your free rental right now?". More BB BS. Why not just say we turned it into a bounce-back coupon in hopes that the customer rents more. One more shift left for me though, great for everyone else though.
Unread December 14th, 2010, 02:07 PM
IHBB GOD

Fuck Blockbuster

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
MaximusX7 (December 15th, 2010)
Unread December 14th, 2010, 10:34 PM

I actually just took back my copy of Fallout: New Vegas. Took me like a month to complete one play-through of the game, which if you've ever played Fallout, you'd know that you kind of need to play it more than once to get the full effect.

I had the Game Pass though, so it didn't matter.

I think it's somewhat of a good idea, because a game like Fallout is something that people want to buy so they can play for a long time. Letting them rent it for cheaper so that they can keep it for longer makes some sense to me. But then, they might as well do that for all games because most games are too long to play during a rental period.
Unread December 14th, 2010, 11:03 PM
IHBB GOD

lol..as a customer now...I HATE the r5g1f coupon. HATE IT. i stick it in my wallet and end up tossing it with the rest of my receipts.

I understand why they did it. If a customer rents a NR at 5 bucks, the coupon gives it to them for free. if they lose the coupon. The company saves 5 bucks. times just say 30 of your active members a month. that's $150 bucks per store. times what? 3000 stores? thats $450,000 a month times 12 months that's $5,400,000 a year they save...

draw back? pissed off customers and um over usage of receipt tape
Unread December 15th, 2010, 02:26 AM

^^ Your fucking telling me, and with all those fucking 99 cents off BSI coupons, I mean the computer prints them out even if you sale something under NM.
Unread December 15th, 2010, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar94pga View Post
lol..as a customer now...I HATE the r5g1f coupon. HATE IT. i stick it in my wallet and end up tossing it with the rest of my receipts.

I understand why they did it. If a customer rents a NR at 5 bucks, the coupon gives it to them for free. if they lose the coupon. The company saves 5 bucks. times just say 30 of your active members a month. that's $150 bucks per store. times what? 3000 stores? thats $450,000 a month times 12 months that's $5,400,000 a year they save...

draw back? pissed off customers and um over usage of receipt tape
You would love to work with the customers at my store. No matter how much you would emphasize, "here's your coupon" that they can't comprehend that we need the coupon for the free rental. It's the same with TA. When we pitch the program we actually show the mailer, tell them that they can bring this in and exchange it for in-store rentals.....the next week they will bring in their "in-store" rentals and try to trade them in for more in-store rentals thinking that they can keep doing that. We then have to reiterate that the mailer is like a coupon and that the bar code is how they get the in-store exchange. I wish we had padded counters sometimes.
Unread December 15th, 2010, 07:49 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusX7 View Post
^^ Your fucking telling me, and with all those fucking 99 cents off BSI coupons, I mean the computer prints them out even if you sale something under NM.
Just curious, how many irate customers have you had with these coupons, trying to use them on a $2.99 new release?

"Top Pick? What the hell is that? They're both $2.99! Gimme my dollar off!"
Unread December 16th, 2010, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
Just curious, how many irate customers have you had with these coupons, trying to use them on a $2.99 new release?

"Top Pick? What the hell is that? They're both $2.99! Gimme my dollar off!"
Dude, don't even get me started...

At LEAST a dozen ppl thought it was for a free movie 2.99 or below, and your right, including the NR movies.

I had this woman use the coupon on Wall Street, come back 10 mins later, says she wants a fucking refund, then wants to argue that I should also give her the 99 cents for the fucking coupon too!! I mean, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE PEOPLE?!?!

READ YOUR FUCKING COUPONS BITCHES!!!

I could understand if they have a question about what movies are included or something like, but thinking your getting a free fucking movie?!?!?

Fuck the guy that thought those fucking coupons up....
Unread December 16th, 2010, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusX7 View Post
Fuck the guy that thought those fucking coupons up....
It was Cam.
Unread December 16th, 2010, 12:17 PM

The problem with these coupons or ANY OTHER POLICY made by this company is that they write everything out in their OWN VOCABULARY and not one that the customer can understand.

I got one of these coupons from my local store and it says "$0.99 off a Top Pick movie" which is great if you already work at Blockbuster and know what they mean by Top Pick movie. The customers don't know the jargon and frankly, they don't care to learn because it changes so often.

The coupon should be more clear and say something like "$0.99 off select movies, see store employees for details" or something or at least give you a clue as to what constitutes a "Top Pick."

Fuck, even I don't know what this coupon is good for and I used to work at this place for 8 years.