I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 20th, 2011, 06:30 PM

Thumbs up New Rental Terms

Looks like new rental terms will start next Friday. Just arrived (1-6weeks) will be 2.99 per day and .99 cents per day after that. New releases (7-52 weeks) will be 1.99 per day and .99 cents per day after that. BSI will be .99 cents per day and .33 cents per day after that. There are other promotions coming but this is the main one.
The Following User Says Thank You to incaroca For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (May 20th, 2011)
Unread May 20th, 2011, 06:33 PM
IHBB GOD

LMFAO

What will they think of next.

U need to explain the per day thing...is per day 1-5 days then what it is late 99 cents etc...

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Last edited by Hot Head; May 20th, 2011 at 06:55 PM.
Unread May 20th, 2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaroca View Post
Looks like new rental terms will start next Friday. Just arrived (1-6weeks) will be 2.99 per day and .99 cents per day after that. New releases (7-52 weeks) will be 1.99 per day and .99 cents per day after that. BSI will be .99 cents per day and .33 cents per day after that. There are other promotions coming but this is the main one.
That sounds pretty similar the the rental terms at Family Video and they seem to be doing okay. Might be a step in the right direction.
Unread May 20th, 2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaroca View Post
Still way higher than my prices. That's why Family Video is not doing so well in my town. Independants can hurt them with that pricing!
Unread May 20th, 2011, 08:11 PM

They need to have movies first on the shelf to be in the right direction
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flantanella For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (May 21st, 2011), Hot Head (May 21st, 2011), omg_bbv (May 21st, 2011)
Unread May 20th, 2011, 08:13 PM
IHBB GOD

This is Dish's corporate idea to change things up. They feel the older the new release gets, the cheaper it should. Many customers do agree. I guess we will see how we do! Its better than it used to be. Just Arrive movies are $2.99 for the first night then $2.99 per day and DM loved those terms!
Unread May 20th, 2011, 08:18 PM

It's a step in the right direction. It's similar to what I suggested in my "Dear Dish" thread, and I actually got a little thrill hearing about this so soon after I made that thread. Even though I know it's not true, I can still have fun imagining Mike Kelly and all of them going, "Man, that lucky me has a point, let's get on this asap!"
The Following User Says Thank You to lucky me For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (May 21st, 2011)
Unread May 20th, 2011, 08:24 PM

If I didn't have my own store, I would never pay those terms. Why pay 2.99 per day and .99 for each day after when I could go to Redbox and get them for a 1.00 per day. And the arguement of we have it 28 days before the box (don't matter I would wait.) I understand not everyone wants to wait, but with today's economy, waiting 28 days for new releases adds up. That's why I have mine with the rent 3 get 1 free averaging $3.00 for 5 days. It helps compete against Family Video and Redbox.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarge For This Useful Post:
Flantanella (May 20th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (May 21st, 2011)
Unread May 20th, 2011, 08:30 PM

Not to mention that if you really wanted to see the movie, you can find a dvd online to download
Unread May 20th, 2011, 08:35 PM

I don't think the pricing is perfect, but it's much better than what it was. Why pay $2.99? For the convenience. Yes we are out of new movies a lot, but so is redbox and with us you have a wider selection and still have a better chance of a new movie being in. Plus you can browse without a line forming behind you like at redbox and get the movie store experience. Yes, the "movie store" experience is probably a dying format, but people still enjoy it. Hell, I enjoy it. I like browsing around and looking at boxes to choose movies. As derided as BB employees are, a lot of customers like human interaction. Plus, besides the brand new releases, we have a MUCH MUCH wider selection of older titles and even older new releases to choose from (and hopefully soon we'll be getting a wider variety of smaller brand new releases again too). And they can still pay in cash with us. So Dish is betting that for all that, $2 extra total for a movie is worth it. And now it will be cheaper to rent from us and return within a day than to use a rival's On Demand service.

I can't wait to start these terms. You had to kind of grin and bear it when people got onto us for "late fees" before. Now, I'll simply say we charge a daily rate just like redbox. No more "late fees". Thank God. I think this will help credits too after the first rush of idiots who don't pay attention to what we're saying as they check out, because it'll be a daily rate every single day and not after a "due date".