I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread February 14th, 2013, 09:28 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
MOM never left.
Unread February 14th, 2013, 11:00 PM
IHBB GOD

I was also reunited with my birthfamily. Which has been very cool, and surreal at the same time.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woodstock For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (February 15th, 2013), HelloItsMeMOM (February 26th, 2013)
Unread February 15th, 2013, 08:29 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
I am going to be volunteering at a local animal shelter soon!! I can't wait!
Could never do that , would bring to many dogs home
Quote:
Originally Posted by sar94pga View Post
uh. I got married.

my mom died too.

we should form a separate club for that.
Lost my mom and dad over the past few years. Next week we will intern dad's ashes.......
The top Poster!
Unread February 15th, 2013, 09:57 AM
IHBB GOD

Wow, I believe I'm the youngest here. When I finish High school, I went stright towards college (still in college) and work at Blockbuster lol Haven't completed to much in my life yet but a whole lot of fun stuff though
Unread February 15th, 2013, 10:07 AM
IHBB GOD

I go hicups....omg please help me
The top Poster!
Unread February 15th, 2013, 07:59 PM
IHBB GOD

Looks like a lot of us joined the dead parents club in the last five years

That side, I'm glad to hear everyone's doing well.
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread February 15th, 2013, 08:05 PM
IHBB GOD

<3 you bran! IRRC Turtletime lost her dad not too long ago too.
Unread February 16th, 2013, 12:41 PM
IHBB GOD

Wow didn't know thst sar,,,,,,,,,,,,
The top Poster!
Unread February 23rd, 2013, 05:05 PM
IHBB GOD

I went to the shelter today, and walked a beagle for about a half hour, then gave treats to the other dogs in there. I felt so bad. Some of the dogs can not be adopted because they are pit bulls. At least the shelter doesn't kill those dogs, they just release them to rescues.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Woodstock For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (February 24th, 2013)
Unread February 26th, 2013, 05:16 PM
IHBB GOD

I am truly sorry for all of those who have lost loved ones in the past five years. If you wish I can teach you how to speak to them. Seriously. They don't leave you just because they passed to the other side of the veil, they just continue to watch over you in different ways.

For me the past five years have been a real struggle.
I opened a consignment store that failed because I broke the location, location, location rule.

I ended a relationship that I never should have entered in the first place. I put the first book I wrote on the shelf where it belongs, closed and out of sight. It was about that relationship.

I left my home after it was permanently damaged when they put new utilities into the whole town, causing large cracks, rats and us to get sick after being in the place after an hour or so. My stuff is still there. We aren't. Not long ago someone broke in and tried to steal my washer. They disconnected the water then discovered there was no turn off valve. They left the water running. I have no idea how long it was but the kitchen was flooded. I hadn't stopped in in over a week.

My daughter moved away and broke my heart. Several times. Then she made me a Grandmother and moved away with my Kai and broke it all over in a totally different way. She couldn't stay because I had no home to offer them and she couldn't go back to work just after having him. If she could find a job that is.

I have been searching for a job for what seems like forever. I finally made it to the final two a couple of weeks ago but didn't get that one, either. I am stuck in this town for 2.5 more years then I hopefully am outta here.

I have been asked to write a book about reincarnation that will be made into a movie. I decided to write two, one about the tragedy in my town for young adults, one about the same tragedy but involving the reincarnation memories for the producer who wishes to make a movie.

My car if finally fixed and will be back on the road next week. To me that is freedom. It has been down since last summer.

I shall be seeking a minimum wage job at Wally World soon. It is a true sign that I have given up. To me taking that job (if I can get it) is akin to selling my soul. Worse, even than going back to Blockbuster.

I work hard every day to remain positive. It takes work but I can do it. At least my Mom is still alive, even if she treats me like I am 14.

It ain't easy being overqualified and over fifty. Make sure it doesn't happen to any of you. It will make you hate your life.
AbandonedDreams (February 26th, 2013), zooworker (February 28th, 2013)