I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 11th, 2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Here's what I don't get, what qualifies a BSI to be in the "top". We dont' rent very much BSI, at least in our store. So, if 10 different movies rent one time and nothing rents a second time, that qualifies? How many movies are they going to put in this "top BSI"? And is rentals for that store? Is it per district?

This is dumb.
"TOP" is already predetermined. Basically it is going to be any popular BSI that rents a lot, which I'm 99% sure is the same movies company wide. You can already see them when you search for movies. Do a find for Bucket List and you'll see DRA/DRA/TOP.
Unread November 11th, 2010, 08:27 AM
IHBB GOD

i remember when we started the original $1.99 top rental BSI and .99 regular BSI, there were so few titles that people actually wanted to rent that were in the .99 category. they were largely limited to Foreign, low budget Drama and some Horror.

even Family and Kids had a huge majority in the $1.99 which made several parents upset. even B-rate, low-budget action flicks ended up being $1.99.

my coworkers and i would have guessing games on whether certain titles would be $1.99 or .99 before doing BSI transfers and it felt like there were very very few times we correctly predicted a .99 title.

=3
Unread November 11th, 2010, 07:40 PM

I love how our new terms are apparently going into effect next week sometime, yet the only actual info I've seen about it on paper is the time frame for putting stickers on everything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Backer Card For This Useful Post:
libra (November 11th, 2010), omg_bbv (November 13th, 2010)
Unread November 12th, 2010, 09:32 AM

I love how terms are changing next week and I spoke to two Store Managers yesterday who did not even know about it! And the question I have is why is the whole company changing to terms that have only been tested in 2 markets for the last 4 weeks! Just 4 weeks so we really have no idea what the effect on actives is truly going to be. In my meeting they showed a graph covering the expectation of impact on actives and tnr through the new year but they really have no idea cos its only been going for 4 weeks. I know there are many different markets testing different prices but the one that we are going too was tested in Philly. Anyone from Philly out there with some input?
Unread November 12th, 2010, 09:41 AM

You know the company wouldn't roll out something unless it was fully understood, tested to make sure it worked, easy to figure out, was in best interest of stores and customers, and made the company money.

Oh shit! We are all screwed!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Big Dog For This Useful Post:
omg_bbv (November 13th, 2010), Sourapplepucker (November 12th, 2010), wowurrcool (November 14th, 2010)
Unread November 12th, 2010, 01:13 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
You know the company wouldn't roll out something unless it was fully understood, tested to make sure it worked, easy to figure out, was in best interest of stores and customers, and made the company money.

Oh shit! We are all screwed!
I wouldn't have been able to finish typing that statement without falling out of my chair several times laughing and taking some breaks to focus back on finishing.

How long did it take you?
Big Dog (November 12th, 2010), BUYMECAR (November 12th, 2010)
Unread November 12th, 2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
i remember when we started the original $1.99 top rental BSI and .99 regular BSI, there were so few titles that people actually wanted to rent that were in the .99 category. they were largely limited to Foreign, low budget Drama and some Horror.

even Family and Kids had a huge majority in the $1.99 which made several parents upset. even B-rate, low-budget action flicks ended up being $1.99.
How is this possible, I thought with the new terms, all Kids & Family were $.99?

Are you saying they are actually raising the price of kids movies by 100%.

Great move Blockbuster.
Unread November 12th, 2010, 01:38 PM
IHBB GOD

Talked to 2 different BBI managers today about the new terms, one said it's just another nail in the coffin, the other had no clue what I was talking about.
You would think BBI would run out of nails, but I guess they bowered more
and I'm not surpised about the manager not knowing shit about it.
The top Poster!
Unread November 12th, 2010, 02:05 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDampkring View Post
How is this possible, I thought with the new terms, all Kids & Family were $.99?

Are you saying they are actually raising the price of kids movies by 100%.

Great move Blockbuster.
i'm not talking about the new terms.

i'm talking about one of the older price structures. all of BSI was either $1.99 or $0.99 for 5 days. $1.99 was for what they called "Favorites".

as time went on, there were increasingly more "Favorites" than regular. it was like 4 Favorites to every 1 regular.

=3
Unread November 12th, 2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmikey View Post
I wouldn't have been able to finish typing that statement without falling out of my chair several times laughing and taking some breaks to focus back on finishing.

How long did it take you?
You forgot that I'm a blockbuster employee. I can spin anything.

No we don't have late fees, you just owe 46.38 in EXTENDED VIEWING FEES.

No we are not closing all the stores, we are just suggesting total access to all customers so they can get movies by mail also!

No we don't have any new movies to rent in store this week(charlie st cloud, scott pilgrim, etc..) but our online can send them right to your home for free for two weeks!

How many more examples you want?
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Dog For This Useful Post:
Sourapplepucker (November 12th, 2010)