I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Unread March 26th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Hot Head's Avatar
Hot Head Hot Head is offline
IHBB GOD
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In my car
Posts: 3,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoma View Post
I hate it when people use the excuse of it being a second 'throw away' job and the job that earns them more money is the one they care about. At the end of the day, if that's your attitude then don't think about the job, think about the person or people you're screwing by not giving a shit.

Someone else should not have to arbitrarily assume they need to add an extra hour onto their scheduled shift because their relief may or may not be late. They can't effectively make plans outside of work because they never know when they might have to stay late? Bullshit. They make plans and end up having to break or reschedule them because someone is late? Bullshit. They avoid making plans because someone *might* be late so they don't get to do something. Bullshit.

Screw the job, have respect for your fellow employees and be there when you are supposed to be there. If you need extra time getting from one job to another then for God's sake make the adjustment to your availability so you're not fucking with someone else's life.

As for this specific situation, I'm sorry but it doesn't sound like 100% of this is due to a second, primary job. It sounds like the SL is just an asshole who doesn't give a shit and has been allowed to let this slide. They need to be written up, and if that has little to no effect, they need to be fired.
dickweed/ asshole! hahaha
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
╭∩╮(︶__︶)╭∩╮

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
psycoma (March 26th, 2011)
  #32  
Unread March 26th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Hot Head's Avatar
Hot Head Hot Head is offline
IHBB GOD
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In my car
Posts: 3,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbstoremgr112233 View Post
maybe The Only Thing I Hate More Than Ignorance Is Liars And Apparently You Are Both. Talking About The Pot Calling The Kettle Black. Save Your Two Faced Lectures For Someone Who Gives A Shit. I Am Done With This Conversation.

JUST Shut The Fuck Up AAAAAHHHHHHH

You work for blockbuster you little mut. Stop trying to act like a a paragon of integrity. Your worse because you act like something your not. I know your a reject and everything but don't pass judgement or say retarded things like i am done with this conversation I highly Doubt you pull in over 60,000 a year! Nor are you anything better than normal.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
╭∩╮(︶__︶)╭∩╮

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Last edited by Hot Head; March 26th, 2011 at 01:11 PM.
  #33  
Unread March 26th, 2011, 01:10 PM
AbandonedDreams's Avatar
AbandonedDreams AbandonedDreams is offline
IHBB GOD
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 3,083
Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by underemployed View Post
I'd venture to say you are dead on with this explanation. I'm in the very same boat. I have a full time day job that I make $25 an hour at. I still work one or two shifts at BBV because I was pretty much begged not to quit as they "need me really bad" according to the SM. Anyway long story short it's tough to get home, eat something, change clothes splash face with water and get down to BBV right away.

Sometimes I have some errands to run, sometimes I just feel like chilling out for half an hour etc. Getting to BBV right on time for a job that pays pennies and may not be there in a month anyway just isn't a high enough priority to be perfectly honest.

I'd say that when you are supposed to be relieved by this person you just figure to stay an extra hour past your time to leave on the schedule and don't sweat it, think of it as an extra hour or two. If you are a 4-Star (which I thought those are technically gone) then you don't get many hours anyway, right?


If you can't get there on time then you need to be scheduled to come in later or not be scheduled as someone's relief. It is NOT fair for other people to get stuck waiting on you because you have errands or don't feel like coming in right away. They have things to do that may be more important than you chilling before you go in (for example, appointments or picking up children) and you making them wait is not fair at all. Either show up on time or quit. You say you don't need the money, so you should quit and they'll find a way to work without you.



Them having to plan to stay late every time you're scheduled is just ridiculous.
__________________
Remind me never to play poker in this town.
  #34  
Unread March 26th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Hot Head's Avatar
Hot Head Hot Head is offline
IHBB GOD
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In my car
Posts: 3,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post


Them having to plan to stay late every time you're scheduled is just ridiculous.
+1 but still money is money something that people can not have enouph of.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
╭∩╮(︶__︶)╭∩╮

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
  #35  
Unread March 26th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Ghost of AtlanticVamp Ghost of AtlanticVamp is offline
IHBB Freak
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Gates of Heck, aka. Brunswick, Georgia
Posts: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockbusterstore482 View Post
While leaving them the Drop Box to do on a Monday is funny and great pay back, we do not get that many copies of movies anymore, it is important to get them back on the shelf. Not to be a liar or two faced..when I was MOD and people always came in late or didn't empty the drop box on their shift, I would take out all the New Release movies and leave them with the BSI..that was back when we had copy depth.
This was the choice payback for me as a SAM. When I filled in at the sister store, I would always come in to stacks of movies in the morning, left on the counter from the night before. So, I'd make sure the wall was replenished, but they'd have BSI on the counter. Eventually the people at the sister store noticed that the wall was always done, but the "old" movies were "always" on the counter after my shift. I then explained that I had come into the store in the morning with returns stacked up, and that at MY OWN store, you'd have the whole team bitching you out if you left that for an opener. Then I showed them the surveillance video of them sitting on the counter, shooting the shit with some random girls, because their cameras WORK.

They got the point.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghost of AtlanticVamp For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (March 26th, 2011), Veruka_Salt (March 29th, 2011)
  #36  
Unread March 26th, 2011, 07:56 PM
underemployed's Avatar
underemployed underemployed is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
If you can't get there on time then you need to be scheduled to come in later or not be scheduled as someone's relief. It is NOT fair for other people to get stuck waiting on you because you have errands or don't feel like coming in right away. They have things to do that may be more important than you chilling before you go in (for example, appointments or picking up children) and you making them wait is not fair at all. Either show up on time or quit. You say you don't need the money, so you should quit and they'll find a way to work without you.



Them having to plan to stay late every time you're scheduled is just ridiculous.
lol maybe you didn't notice, but I was simply explaining from a different point of view. I never said I am late all the time, in fact I can't remember the last time I was late, it was probably last summer. I was merely stating that when you have other commitments and responsibilities a crappy 1 or 2 days a week for about $300 a month at Blockbuster isn't exactly numero uno. Obviously the shift leader screwing Princess_Cupcake over doesn't handle the juggling as well as I do. In fact the only reason I haven't quit is due to loyalty to the ASM and the CSR's at the store who would be really stuck out if I just up and quit on them.
  #37  
Unread March 26th, 2011, 08:06 PM
psycoma psycoma is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by underemployed View Post
lol maybe you didn't notice, but I was simply explaining from a different point of view. I never said I am late all the time, in fact I can't remember the last time I was late, it was probably last summer. I was merely stating that when you have other commitments and responsibilities a crappy 1 or 2 days a week for about $300 a month at Blockbuster isn't exactly numero uno. Obviously the shift leader screwing Princess_Cupcake over doesn't handle the juggling as well as I do. In fact the only reason I haven't quit is due to loyalty to the ASM and the CSR's at the store who would be really stuck out if I just up and quit on them.
Right, but remember it isn't the job you're screwing by not making it a top priority, it's the person who has to stay until you can get there that ends up paying the price for you not caring whether or not you're on time because it's not your primary concern. It isn't that person's fault that (in this case) Blockbuster doesn't pay for shit and you only get 1 or 2 shifts a week, but they end up getting the shit end of the stick because of it. *THAT* is what's not fair. Ultimately you not showing up on time has absolutely no effect on the job you're late for because there's somebody there to cover. It has potentially a lot of problems for the person who has to cover. Disrespect the employer if you feel you must but have respect for your fellow employees. I think that's all we're saying.

And I'm not talking about you specifically, I'm speaking in general of the situation.
  #38  
Unread March 26th, 2011, 08:19 PM
BlockbusterLuvsU's Avatar
BlockbusterLuvsU BlockbusterLuvsU is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 463
Anybody think Princess Cupcake is ever going to come back and update us on the situation?
__________________
No thanks, I don't rent enough.

Disclaimer: The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's or Dish Network's positions, strategies or opinions, because they are all a bunch of dickless idiots.
  #39  
Unread March 26th, 2011, 08:34 PM
SL_600's Avatar
SL_600 SL_600 is offline
IHBB Freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Driven Under
Posts: 1,112
Send a message via Yahoo to SL_600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemason220 View Post
Look I understand your frustration.

You want some payback...here ya go..

Better yet, don't check in a Goddamn thing all day and leave her with the day's returns. That works best on a Monday, but it is effective.
And what happens when this person shows up early for their shift and finds out that you haven't checked in anything all day?
__________________
Sign: If you plan to shoplift, let us know. Thanks!

WWGD ....What Would Gord Do?
  #40  
Unread March 26th, 2011, 08:44 PM
djblade's Avatar
djblade djblade is offline
IHBB GOD
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL_600 View Post
And what happens when this person shows up early for their shift and finds out that you haven't checked in anything all day?
lmfao that sucks. It has happen to me a few times but I don't care. Most of them are repeats of the same titles. it helps make the time fly by faster and a good leg workout
__________________
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:55 AM.


vBulletin Version 3.7.1
© 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.