I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 3rd, 2011, 06:45 PM
IHBB GOD

Serendipity

Today I was hard at work at my new job when I found myself in front of the BBi I used to work at. Looking up I saw the Going Out Of Business Banner ... Amazingly, it said This Location Only. Hmmm ...

So, I went in. $5.99 a movie, $15.99 a season. Nothing excited me. Well, nothing except a plastic stand I bought,

I talked to the clerks a bit about the closing and told them I had once worked there. Then I asked them if they had ever come to ihbb, that they could find out what was going on chain wide by coming here.

I must chuckle at the reply ... I was told they do not come here because it is full of disgruntled customers and ex employees who do nothing but spread lies and misinformation.

ROTFLMAO

I did chuckle a bit and told them that they probably should come here to find out what really is happening, that they could follow it here.

But that in itself is not the best part of my story today. As I was browsing BBi my cell phone rings. It was non other than the big man himself, MR OZZIE!!! Woot! Woot!

The perfect place for me to hear his voice in a very long time .. and discuss the sale going on.

It was great catching up, buddy. You should call more often ...
OzMan (April 3rd, 2011)
Unread April 4th, 2011, 04:54 AM
IHBB Freak

Actually, this site IS full of disgruntled customers and ex-employees. But ironically, if they'd had seen the site a year ago, it'd have been disgruntled customers, current employees who may have still liked their jobs, and Kawliga.

On a semi-related note, when my SM confirmed that I was being investigated because of my participation here, he didn't just say that Corporate skimmed the boards, but that Corporate actually runs these boards.

I wonder, thinking back, if he was misinformed. misinterpreted what he was told, 'figured it out' wrong, or if there's actually truth to it. I doubt it, but at the time, I had "conspiracy!" running through my head, like "Is Chris, in actuality, a guy corporate pays to 'out' employees?" Eh, I never said I didn't have an active imagination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
The Following User Says Thank You to deathbydanny For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (April 5th, 2011)
Unread April 4th, 2011, 05:42 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny View Post
Corporate skimmed the boards, but that Corporate actually runs these boards
LOL, if true. They would've been better served by spending more time pulling the splinter out of their own eye.
Unread April 4th, 2011, 12:16 PM
IHBB Freak

Well, it was about two years ago at this point when he said that. That guy who said he was an LP mole even said Corporate's interest in this board has waned, so who knows?
Quote:
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread April 4th, 2011, 09:10 PM
IHBB GOD

Danny, darling, I can assure you corporate does not own this site, and I know you will make Chris's day when he reads that, LOL ...

I just realized no one offered me a bundle yesterday. I feel unloved
OzMan (April 5th, 2011)
Unread April 5th, 2011, 04:42 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloItsMeMOM View Post
I just realized no one offered me a bundle yesterday. I feel unloved
What? A ravishing woman such as yourself and no one offered a bu....

Oh.

You meant candy, right? Um, yeah. I knew that.
HelloItsMeMOM (April 5th, 2011)
Unread April 4th, 2011, 10:18 PM
IHBB Freak

Yeah, I figured that then (after cooler head prevailed) and I figure as much now, but his misspoken phrase set off all kind of thoughts. I didn't really have a clear train of thought when I learned that my job could be in jeopardy (and by extension, my family's health and well being) simply because I posted here. I turned out OK because (at the time) I was very pro-BBV and never said anything negative or secret-revealing, but it still freaked me out that I was getting investigated for simply being here, like "wrong place, wrong time."

I wonder, then, just what the DM or RDO or LP people told him that made him think this site was owned by BBV to investigate its own employees. He's a pretty sharp guy, but I don't know what made him say it the way he said it.

THEN AGAIN, corporate espionage isn't unheard of...
Quote:
Unread April 5th, 2011, 05:42 AM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Honestly, I don't even believe that there were any LP moles on here. No one has offered any sort of evidence of that. I'm sure that sometimes higher-ups probably do come in, recognize people that they know from their store, etc, but BBVCasualPoster was the only person to bring up people actually getting paid by BBV to be on here.

He claims to be an ex-LP mole but whenever someone asks him to post/PM info that he gathered on here about them (which he claims to do a lot), he never does. If he no longer works for the company, he should at least PM it. Kawliga is the best example of this, but there have been others.

BB482 is the only person who I've ever seen on here who claims to be affiliated with the higher-ups and can actually back up his story.
Unread April 5th, 2011, 09:09 AM
IHBB Freak

Well, you may be right, but I actually do think there were moles here. If not, I wouldn't have been told by my SM (who assuredly does NOT post here) that I was being investigated for posting here.
Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to deathbydanny For This Useful Post:
Flantanella (April 5th, 2011)
Unread April 5th, 2011, 02:43 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny View Post
Well, you may be right, but I actually do think there were moles here. If not, I wouldn't have been told by my SM (who assuredly does NOT post here) that I was being investigated for posting here.
I denied that I posted but I am been watching what I say about the people and myself regards to who I am.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.