I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > Do You Hate Blockbuster Video?

Unread March 24th, 2011, 03:19 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliensExist View Post
Hi, I work for Blockbuster as a Store Manager in Europe but has thought about moving to California over this summer. Just out of curriosity, what are the approximately starting salery for a Store Manager at BB in the states?
Depends on degree/time put in with company/ experience....Cost of living there is EXTREMELY HIGH

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread March 24th, 2011, 03:31 PM

just make sure not to transfer to a dying store/store that will close soon
Unread March 24th, 2011, 03:37 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Hi, I work for Blockbuster as a Store Manager in Europe but has thought about moving to California over this summer. Just out of curriosity, what are the approximately starting salery for a Store Manager at BB in the states?
Don't even think about it, cost of living is to fucking high and ever one there is weird....except people on here..K?
The top Poster!
Unread March 24th, 2011, 08:49 PM
IHBB Freak

Only go to California if you like your people and your breasts the same way-- artificial and without substance. And if you want your wallet to be like Keyes' suit and head-- empty.

And when did I turn into Blockbuster Confucius?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread March 25th, 2011, 12:02 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
My guess is soon it will be zero ...
OzMan (March 25th, 2011)
Unread March 26th, 2011, 12:35 PM

Well I don't have to worry about a pay raise now that my store is closing. All I can say is I got screwed my 3 years working at Blockbuster new hires made more then me.

I wish everyone the best of luck !
The Following User Says Thank You to PartyGuy For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (March 26th, 2011)
Unread March 26th, 2011, 03:13 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyGuy View Post
Well I don't have to worry about a pay raise now that my store is closing. All I can say is I got screwed my 3 years working at Blockbuster new hires made more then me.

I wish everyone the best of luck !
Exactly I would give you a pay raise, but since your fired I can no longer oblige. if thats even a word, I totally spelled it wrong.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread March 27th, 2011, 04:11 AM

Are the cost of living really that high in Cali?? In Copenhagen where I live I pay 43% taxes and 1/3 of my salery to cover rental. I believe that's expensive!! Gas and food is not nearly as expensive in the states as it is over here.. The prices here is crazy!

Well, the reason why I want to move to California is because my dad lives in SF. I saw some job openings as SM in the SF/Oakland area... It could be cool to try it out...

I have been SM at a BB store for a year now with some really good results.. So do anyone have an idea about how much I could expect to be payed as an SM in a US BB-store?
Unread March 28th, 2011, 08:13 AM

lol ya I was gonna say even california is will seem cheap to a European. That is until you get sick and have to pay to go to the doctor and full price for your prescription medication.
The Following User Says Thank You to underemployed For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (March 28th, 2011)
Unread March 28th, 2011, 08:52 AM
IHBB Freak

You might want to check out some "cost of living" index websites to get a good sense, although they can be slightly misleading. For example, when I moved from an expensive Northeast city to an allegedly cheaper Southern town I anticipated how much I would need to earn to maintain the same life style. Uh, close but no cigar. There will be unexpected costs (like the doctor mentioned above). Use those sites as a baseline, and then maybe about 10% or so. Also, I'm pretty sure there is a big difference between the cities of San Francisco and Oakland -- despite being separated only by a bridge.