I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Other Ranting and Raving

Unread March 18th, 2008, 01:41 PM
IHBB Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to videoslave23
March Madness

I have:

Top 8:

North Carolina vs. Tennessee
Kansas vs. Gonzaga
Memphis vs. Stanford
UCLA vs. Xavier

Final Four:

Memphis vs UCLA
North Carolina vs. Kansas

Championship:

Kansas vs. Memphis

Memphis wins in all.

what do you guys have?
Unread March 18th, 2008, 03:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Redstar3894
Elite Eight:
North Carolina v. Tennessee
Kansas v. Georgetown
Memphis v. Texas
UCLA v. Duke

Final Four:
Tennessee v. Georgetown
Memphis v. Duke

Championship:
Tennessee v. Memphis with Memphis taking home it all...

-Unknown
Unread March 18th, 2008, 05:41 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via Yahoo to URBAN_COWBOY
While I agree with most of what both of you have posted, there is one point where I will disagree. There is no way Memphis makes it to the Final Four. This is not C-USA. After the first or second round, they will be running into teams that know how to play the game at the elite level. Do I think Memphis is a joke, no. However, their freethrow shooting is and at this time of year, that's crucial. Look what happened to them in their toughest game of the year. They lost at home to Tennessee because when they are at the line, they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 2 feet away.

Texas will be coming out of that region for the Final Four.

And no way Kansas makes it to the final, Can'tsas is famous for going soft come tourney time.

The final will be North Carolina and UCLA, with UCLA taking the title.

"Girl, you're making me harder than chinese algebra."-Craig Shoemaker

Cowboy, I'm all yours Always have been, always will! -WrongHeaven

Royal Executioner
Unread March 18th, 2008, 06:23 PM
IHBB Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to SL_600
I agree with Cowboy on a lot of that post. If Memphis somehow pulls out a win against Pitt, there's no way they will make it past Texas. My Final Four:

UCLA
Texas
North Carolina
Kansas

Final game UCLA against Kansas with UCLA cutting down the nets!

WWGD ....What Would Gord Do?
Unread March 18th, 2008, 08:27 PM
IHBB GOD

i really dont know
Unread March 18th, 2008, 09:26 PM
IHBB GOD

I will say it hurts me to leave my Blue Devils off my Final Four list but when you live and die by the 3-pointer and have no inside presence, you are in trouble this time of year. I have been a Duke fan my entire life growing up watching Christian Laettner, Bobby Hurley and those boys. And of course living in Texas, I bleed burnt orange.

Fantasy Matchup

Championship game would be Duke vs. Texas.

Royal Executioner
Unread March 19th, 2008, 05:25 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlow71 View Post
i really dont know
Lol me neither. Last time I did a pool was ten years ago at work, between 3 offices.... and I won. I had about as much knowledge then as I have now- next to none. I picked Gonzaga to upset like 3 rounds, and they wound up actually doing it. I also picked Valpariso (sp?) to go an extra couple rounds and they did. (Both picks were just cause I liked the names). The rest of my picks were just based on rankings and records.

So, ten years later I'm hoping Gonzaga pulls a big upset again, but just doesn't go all the way. I think Memphis would be an upset too to win that's why I picked them.
Unread March 20th, 2008, 11:07 AM
IHBB Freak

Xavier vs. Gerogia

Wow. Great game. I was sweatin for a minute, then the comeback was awesome.

So far Xavier, Michigan St. and Kansas have advanced- no upsets anywhere yet.
Unread March 20th, 2008, 11:08 AM

Mempiss played one of the toughest schedule in the country, with wins over Arizona, Oklahoma, Gonzaga, UConn, and Georgetown. Their only loss was at home to the #2 team in the country at the time. They are the best team in the country, easily, with one of the best coaches. They do have a glaring weakness, free throw shooting, but every other team has one as well.

I'd say, of the one seeds, Mempiss and UCLA have the best chance to go to the final four. CHapel Hill has not one but two pressure defenses in their bracket. They are not a great defensive squad and they struggle against teams that are. You know how long it has been since a big 12 school won a national championship in basketball? 20 years, and that school went on probation after that.

I'd look for Mempiss vs Georgetown for a final that could go either way. There are a number of teams with the possibility to win it all, this is much like the year that Florida won it all the first time. We could see a three or a four seed holding up the trophy this year. Xavier, Louisville, Tenn and Clemson are teams that I would look to make a lot of noise this post season.
Unread March 22nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbait View Post
Mempiss played one of the toughest schedule in the country, with wins over Arizona, Oklahoma, Gonzaga, UConn, and Georgetown. Their only loss was at home to the #2 team in the country at the time. They are the best team in the country, easily, with one of the best coaches. They do have a glaring weakness, free throw shooting, but every other team has one as well.

I'd say, of the one seeds, Mempiss and UCLA have the best chance to go to the final four. CHapel Hill has not one but two pressure defenses in their bracket. They are not a great defensive squad and they struggle against teams that are. You know how long it has been since a big 12 school won a national championship in basketball? 20 years, and that school went on probation after that.

I'd look for Mempiss vs Georgetown for a final that could go either way. There are a number of teams with the possibility to win it all, this is much like the year that Florida won it all the first time. We could see a three or a four seed holding up the trophy this year. Xavier, Louisville, Tenn and Clemson are teams that I would look to make a lot of noise this post season.
Actually a Big 12 school has never won a National Championship. The Big 12 has only been around for 12 years. It was a Big 8 school at the time.

Royal Executioner