I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 26th, 2010, 02:47 AM

I think we got rid of them (in Canada) a little over a year ago.
Unread September 26th, 2010, 08:16 AM

My RDO, assistant and LP had their offices at my store so I saw them every monday. So that was one of the great joys of my life before I got canned. The RDO was mostly tolerable (for an RDO I guess, you'd figure he'd ALWAYS be a total prick) before he got his ass canned. Plus he drove a low mid level car. I was a SL and I drove a better car! And that's not to knock anyone that drives a car like that because I'm humble enough to but for an RDO!? You'd think he'd at least have a five year old used Lexus MINIMUM. The RDO assistant was a moderate piece to look at considering my SM hired all dogs at our store (sex sells people!) and the LP was a weasily little prick. It's like he knew when you were starting to get relaxed, he'd throw some ticky-tacky bullshit at you.

The day of reckoning was when he had a few days of big storms and most of the ceiling collapsed in their offices, rain POURING in, almost an inch of standing water! It was fun watching them scramble because of it, I'm sure to this day it's not fixed, haha.
The Following User Says Thank You to Finallyfreebaby For This Useful Post:
BUYMECAR (September 26th, 2010)
Unread September 26th, 2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Do you not reside in the US?
Nope, they eliminated RDO's in Canada, we now have "Market Managers", which to best of my understanding are DM's who sideline as RDO's. I'm assuming they have an extra crisp 20$ bill tacked onto their paychecks for their trouble, but hey, better them than me
The Following User Says Thank You to CoffeeCup For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (September 26th, 2010)
Unread September 26th, 2010, 05:29 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finallyfreebaby View Post
My RDO, assistant and LP had their offices at my store so I saw them every monday. So that was one of the great joys of my life before I got canned. The RDO was mostly tolerable (for an RDO I guess, you'd figure he'd ALWAYS be a total prick) before he got his ass canned. Plus he drove a low mid level car. I was a SL and I drove a better car! And that's not to knock anyone that drives a car like that because I'm humble enough to but for an RDO!? You'd think he'd at least have a five year old used Lexus MINIMUM. The RDO assistant was a moderate piece to look at considering my SM hired all dogs at our store (sex sells people!) and the LP was a weasily little prick. It's like he knew when you were starting to get relaxed, he'd throw some ticky-tacky bullshit at you.

The day of reckoning was when he had a few days of big storms and most of the ceiling collapsed in their offices, rain POURING in, almost an inch of standing water! It was fun watching them scramble because of it, I'm sure to this day it's not fixed, haha.
Fuck LP
Fuck RDO
FUCK THE ROOF AND CELING TILES HAHAHA NATURE AGREES WITH YOU AND I IN THIS CASE

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread September 26th, 2010, 06:25 PM

Since opening a new store, my RDO, whom I met maybe 2 times prior, was around constantly checking up on everything.
He seems like a nice guy, and everyone thought it was hilarious when he;d chew out our DM.
None of us had ever seen him get his shit handed to him before and we just watched and held back our laughter.
Unread September 27th, 2010, 09:15 AM
IHBB Freak

I love the store I work out. We make good profit, my SM has never yelled at anyone or raised her voice in any way. She manages very well, and in my personal opinion selected good SL. Everything is so organized and she is first name basis with almost every customer in the store.

My DM is tolerable. I barely see her, so that's about as much as I can tolerate.

That's the "idiot tax". It's our fee for having to put up with your stupid questions.
And for everything else... there's Mastercard.
Unread September 27th, 2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfay View Post
I love the store I work out. We make good profit, my SM has never yelled at anyone or raised her voice in any way. She manages very well, and in my personal opinion selected good SL. Everything is so organized and she is first name basis with almost every customer in the store.

My DM is tolerable. I barely see her, so that's about as much as I can tolerate.
You work in Narnia? Thats too cool.
The Following User Says Thank You to CoffeeCup For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (September 27th, 2010)