I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 10th, 2012, 08:49 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Lets start off with I am half your age and still make 20,000 more than you.
OK I do stream hulu and Netflix and have 5 servers running but dish can not.offer static ip's thus truly inferior. Also, bandwidth is a lauphing stock as well. So if your saying stream Netflix And hulu and Netflix with dish is an absolute riot hahaha. It is like the technology of fire wire... you see how that's not around much anymore....

OK now for more fun things dish overall will fail in the internet industry...why? YOU CANT HOST SERVERS OR HAVE MORE THAN CABLES BANDWITH HAHAHAH it actually not physically or technologically advanced.enouph yet. I run 30mbs downstream and 22 mbs upstream. I believe dish offers 12 Mbs downstream
be smart know your place.
Dish does centurylink O_O
Unread September 10th, 2012, 08:54 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBStoreMgr112233 View Post
You people act like these shows that AMC offers, Walking Dead, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad are the most popular TV shows on TV today. They are not. They aren't even close. Numbers don't lie, people do.

Walking Dead - recently set a personal record of 9 million viewers
Mad Men - a whopping 3.5 million viewers
Breaking Bad - 2.9 million
That's a fantastic argument for why Dish made the noble move to ditch AMC. "It's not THAT popular!" That argument has worked wonders for Blockbuster. I know, because it's the same argument they used when they passed on Netflix. "Movies by mail? That'll NEVER take off!"

I'm a small person, who can sleep at night, knowing I don't have to come up with transparent excuses to like my job, or sell my soul to defend what I do.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Antithesys For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (September 12th, 2012), zooworker (September 11th, 2012)
Unread September 10th, 2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Try getting fired for not acceptiping a coupon that the company said was no longer valid, 3 days before xmas, after 12 years of service(no previous write ups ). I am not a moran, been in management retail a lot longer than you, most people here have been screwed the same one way or another.....and I still think dish stinks.......
Yet you still haven't answered my original question. Is that because you can't?
Unread September 10th, 2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
That's a fantastic argument for why Dish made the noble move to ditch AMC. "It's not THAT popular!" That argument has worked wonders for Blockbuster. I know, because it's the same argument they used when they passed on Netflix. "Movies by mail? That'll NEVER take off!"

I'm a small person, who can sleep at night, knowing I don't have to come up with transparent excuses to like my job, or sell my soul to defend what I do.
LOL, are you that blinded by your hatred? If Blockbuster felt that movies by mail would never take off, why did they have their own by mail? And don't even begin to insult me by saying they only did it after Netflix took off, because we both know that isn't the truth.

It is a job. Yes, I enjoy my job. Do I love everything about it? Absolutely not. If I did, then it would be a hobby, not a job. At the end of the day, it is a means to an end.

The one thing I can promise you, when I am no longer with the company, I won't be here trashing them and the people who feel differently than you, regardless of the name of the website.

I don't know how much longer Blockbuster will be around. It is a dying industry. But for what Dish got it for, they will reap much more than they ever invested into it. And I guarantee you that Charlie Egren and Dish Network will be around for many years to come. Mr. Egren is one very smart business man and I personally believe the future is very bright for Dish.

Have a nice day!
Unread September 11th, 2012, 07:41 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBStoreMgr112233 View Post
Yet you still haven't answered my original question. Is that because you can't?
So in your long post What was the question?
The top Poster!
Unread September 11th, 2012, 08:13 AM
IHBB GOD

fyi ive sold dish now for 3 straight weeks, whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Unread September 11th, 2012, 09:16 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post

"In June, we announced our intention to drop AMC Networks' AMC, WE, IFC and Sundance from our network offerings. Simply put, with the exception of a few original series from AMC, all 4 channels significantly underperformed with our DISH subscribers. In a year where we took no price increase, we are laser-like focused on controlling our ever escalating programming costs."

significantly underperformed with our DISH subscribers< ----- Should Dish take a lesson from the Old Blockbuster way and keep underperformed channels and waste money? Isn't that what got Blockbuster bankrupt?

Until AMC gets popular with Dish subscribers, then Dish will get the channel back. They can easily get it just like DirectTV loosing their channcels
Unread September 11th, 2012, 01:26 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Dish does centurylink O_O
Rats no 5 static ips and no service in my area. Dish is still not technology superior thanks for trying blade LOL.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread September 11th, 2012, 05:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to Baby Firefly
::You people act like these shows that AMC offers, Walking Dead, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad are the most popular TV shows on TV today. They are not. They aren't even close. Numbers don't lie, people do.::

Just because they may not be the most popular shows on TV, TWD IS one of a handful of shows I do watch. My tv viewing consists of
-Dexter
-TWD
-American Horror Story
-Big Bang Theory
I'm sure you understand that I can't afford to subscribe to a company that will cut my tv lineup by 25%.
Unread September 11th, 2012, 07:40 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
"Simply put, with the exception of a few original series from AMC, all 4 channels significantly underperformed with our DISH subscribers."
I'm sorry. Are you actually using this quote as part of some argumentative defense of this decision? Do you actually believe that the reason they pulled AMC is that AMC "underperformed?"

If so, you must then accept that the following networks all outperform AMC, because they're still being carried according to Dish's lineup:

America Live
Angel One
Angel Two
AXS TV
Buy!
Church Channel
Daystar
Documentary Channel
Gems & Jewelry TV
HorseRacing TV
In Country Television
Inspiration Network
Jewelry Television
Mall
Prayer
Sale
Shop
ShopNBC
SonLife Broadcasting Network

Do you believe that "Mall" gets more action than AMC? Or IFC, or Sundance, or WE? I'll even spot you a proportion: do you believe that the number of people who "should" be watching "Mall" is more fulfilled than the number of people who "should" be watching WE?

If ratings were the reason they ditched AMC, why didn't they ditch "AXS TV"? Because I will bet you five million dollars, cash in hand, that not a single person on the planet Earth is currently watching "AXS TV". Not a one.

Note that the list above is taken just from Dish's basic package. I could triple the list with the other packages...you know, the packages where, if you PAY MORE, you get the more "obscure" channels. If Dish truly felt AMC wasn't pulling its weight, perhaps they could have just moved it over to a higher package and made people pay more for it.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.